Romantic - River Bank Getaway - Outdoor Cooking - New Italian Shower - Wifi(21 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
A real 'retreat' on the banks of the river Armancon, 2 mins from town centre
Once you walk through the little red garden gate, the ‘petite maison’ and its setting capture your imagination with breath taking views of the river and beyond.
This very special garden, enclosed by a stone walled on one side and the river on the other, the leafy green garden and the river carry you away to a world of your own.
Perfect romantic getaway. Great for relaxing and be away from it all. WiFi connection!.. So you are not completely disconnected!
Patricia warmly welcomes you
* Open plan kitchen dining and living area – ground floor
* Separate shower room and toilet (New Italian Shower) – ground floor
* Riverside terrace with table and chairs
* Cosy loft double bedroom accessed by a sturdy handcrafted oak loft ladder
* Well insulated and suitable for winter breaks
* Small house but very practical
* All linen provided, ready to move in
* Wifi, radio, hair dryer
* Induction cooking hob, microwave /grill oven, food blender, fully equipped kitchen
* BBQ, Dutch Oven for outdoor cooking
* Well insulated - electric heating – electric fan
* Cards and books.
* Parking space at the door
* 8 mins walk to town centre (medieval streets, cafes, baker, river)
* Vineyards of the Burgundy regions (Chablis, Beaune, Dijon) as well as local Auxois wines
* Many historical sites within easy reach such as Abbey de Fontenay, Chateau de Bussy Rabutin …
* English classes/French classes available at additional cost
* Romantic Getaway
* Adventure Seekers
* Wine Route
* Very special garden
* Small house but very practical
Dijon - 80 kms about 1hr
Paris - 250 kms about 3hrs
Lyon - 230 kms about 2.5hrs
* Eurostar + TGV from Gare de Lyon - Montbard
* Direct TGV to/from Paris Charles de Gaulle - Montbard
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 26 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking On Street
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Garbage Disposal
- Pantry Items:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- OfflineRDD $264.52
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
- Stay Tax *
* This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 13 years.
Reservations are taken via email or phone, please visit my website for more photos and information about the house.
Prices are in euros
Cleaning Fee of 60 euros will be due to the owner on arrival
For short stays, please ask for a quote
Payments are made on line
Terms and conditions are visible on line
A contract will seal the rental
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Its location gives you the best of both worlds, calm & tranquillity amongst the natural surroundings on the terrace or in the garden but, within a two minute walk you can be in the centre of town with all the local activity, weekly market, shops, cafes and restaurants etc.
Semur itself is a favoured and well positioned destination of many visiting the region. This medieval town is ideally set between Chablis to the North and Beaune & Dijon to the South with local Vineyards of Auxois close by, providing a perfect location for the wine & food lover. Historical villages and sites are also in abundance and within easy reach - Fontenay Abbey, Flavigny, Bussy Rabutin, Les Forges de Buffon, Vezelay, Epoisse, Chablis, Wine route. Plenty of local walks to discover the Flora and Fauna. Special visitors come in the garden - Ducks and heron.
About the owner: Hello, my name is Patricia. I lived abroad most of my life, USA, Portugal... and I spend 12 years in the UK. I worked in Sales and Marketing in the IT Industry and I now teach English and French. I moved to Burgundy in 2010 and renovated 3 gites, I am also the founder of 123lang.com and provide immersion classes in French and English.
Why the Owner Chose Semur-en-Auxois, France:
I fell in love with the cottage as a child, the cottage was a family property. The house at the time was a fishermen's cottage with stone floor, no water nor electricity. I decided to renovate it and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
- Primary: +33 611531957 Please send a Text message if you cannot reach me
- Secondary: +33 (0)6 11 53 19 57 please send a text if you cannot reach me
Links to more information:
A digital code allows for arrivals anytime.
Lunch by the river
Double bed with 2 single duvets, double duvet on request
NEW ITALIAN SHOWER renovated in January 2016
Outdoor charcoal BBQ and garden in bloom.
Steps from the garden leading down to the river.
Special visitors add to the natural beauty.
Pont des Minimes
Country Walks near the cottage
Cycling or Hiking along the Canal of Burgundy
'Le Jardin de l' Armancon'
View of terrace from the river bank.
Open plan sitting/dining area, Sturdy Oak loft ladder leading to loft bedroom
Kitchen corner - Fully equipped
Hand Crafted Oak storage space
January 2016 - Renovated Shower Room - Italian Shower
Outdoor cooking in dutch oven - xmas 2013
Approx 90 sq metres of garden next to river.
Stream by the 'Lavoir' - Wash house
Snow in the garden - Mid February
Country Walk near the cottage - Discover the Flora and Fauna
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.