About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
Condo, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-8)
Las Olas Resort is located on the San Jose Del Cabo Bay, on the Sea of Cortez. In the heart of 'Costa Azul,' on the #1 surfing beach in the Los Cabos area, you will find paradise outside your front door. Steps from your door are seven miles of pristine beach to explore. Las Olas Resort is less than 15 minutes from the Los Cabos Int'l. Airport, minutes from the colonial town of San Jose Del Cabo and 15 miles from the lively town of Cabo San Lucas. Wonderful restaurants, great shopping, world class fishing, golfing and spectcular surfing are awaiting you.
Our luxurious, three bedroom condo offers 180-degree views from Punta Gorda to Punta Palmilla, as well as breathtaking views of the pool, jacuzzi, and surrounding beaches. Sit on our large balcony and watch the action out front - the dolphins, whales, or surfers will surely keep you entertained. Come and see what the Baja Beach Experience is all about!
Vicki Mac Donald
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
This was our second visit to Las Olas and it was fantastic. Having been to Cabo San Lucas 3 times, I prefer the tranquility of San Jose Del Cabo vs Cabo San Lucas. The complex is secure and clean and the unit was fully stocked with anything you need to have breakfast, lunch ,or dinner on the balcony with an ocean view. Surfing was awesome, a nice swell produced some solid surf, and not having to wear a wetsuit is a bonus with the water. Las Olas is an annual trip for us now and I always look forward to staying here at the condos of Las Olas.
Nice place right on the beach.
Great 3 bedroom condo. 3rd floor. A little noisy but it was fine at pool side. The views were great with all the surfers.
This is a fabulous condo, we stayed two weeks and enjoyed every minute. The owners did an excellent job of rebuilding the condo after the Hurricane Odile. New windows, drapes and patio furniture. The surf was perfect for our group, and Costa Azul across the highway was very affordable, and accommodating all the gear one needs for surfing or boogie boards. We had 6 adults and the beds were very comfortable as was the living area. Big TV and a library of over 200 movies to choose from. Zippers is right next door, great food, and live music 3-4 nights a week it was a HOOT ! Uncrowded beach walks, beautiful pool and 3 separate hot tubs. Gated with 24-7 gate guard, safe and private. You won't find a better price for 3 bedroom. No problem with the internet as two locations were provided, the dining area was the best. The dishwasher worked just fine with the small packets of soap. Thank you Vicki and Vince for letting us use your condo, We loved our stay and will come back again.
With a little work, this place could be great, but the little details count.
- The view that greeted me upon entering had me absolutely giddy. Huge windows looking out at glassy 6 foot waves. I could just stare out the window for hours.
- The safest entry and exit point to the surf is right at the bottom of the staircase of Las Olas, and there is a surf shop right across the street.
- Decent sized rooms, comfortable with A/C and fans
- Priced lower than other units at the same complex
- Pack-N-Play provided
A lot of the little details that affected our stay could be easily improved for future guests, but did affect our overall impression. Ex:
- Contrary to what is advertised in the listing, neither the Vonage phone nor the local Mexican phone worked, and had they, the instructions in the unit say it is not free, that it is only for use in emergencies, and that abuse would result in charges added to the bill. We had a last minute flight emergency and it was a huge ordeal trying to get in touch with the airlines as our cell phones were not working to call the number provided (Calling a USA or Canada 1-800 number from a cellphone in Mexico is not as straightforward as one would think).
- The unit had a dishwasher and laundry machines, but no detergent was provided for either, and there were explicit instructions not to use detergent purchased in Mexico in the dishwasher, so unless you brought some with you, you are out of luck. It is $20 cab fare to go to the grocery store to buy laundry detergent.
- It was nice that there was no additional cleaning fee, but the carpets were absolutely filthy, your feet would be black after a few steps. Dishes and cutlery were visibly dirty upon arrival, meaning we had to wash them by hand before we even used them since we had no dishwasher detergent.
- The location of the wireless router needs to be changed, there is no coverage in any of the common areas like the living room, lanai, kitchen or dining area. You have to go into the bedrooms to use the internet.
- As a regular user of flipkey and vrbo, I had never before been asked to cover the fee charged to the business owner to use credit card as a payment method – Maybe this is standard practice regionally? A better way to market it might be to add the fee to the price and say 3% discount for payments by cash or check.
- Two huge cockroaches in our bedroom.
Conclusion: If price and surf are your main considerations, you could do worse. Spend a little more to upgrade if you can.
Fantastic Surfing on 4 Breaks in Front of Condo, World Class Golf within Minutes, Tennis Courts (on premises), Fitness Center (on premises), Palapa Style Restaurant within 100 Yards, Miniature Golf Nearby, Deep Sea Fishing
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
50% Deposit required to reserve. Balance due 30 days prior to arrival. We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.