This charming two bedroom apartment is steps away from Rittenhouse Square. When you enter the building, you enter a marble foyer and you can feel the old world charm. The apartment contains granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, a newly renovated bathroom with travertine, original refinished hardwood floors throughout, and central air! Everything in the apartment is new - including the sheets, towels, and mattresses. The bedrooms each have new and super comfortable memory foam mattresses and they are covered with beautiful linens and pillows. The living and dining area is cozy and welcoming! The place is classy, clean and comfortable!! The apartment is professionally cleaned between every reservation. Everything will be clean and ready just for you when you check in!
- Half Baths0
- Min StayNone
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 13, 2018
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Good but not great
So here are things that we loved about it:
1. Location, location, location! It could not have been better located for our needs. The neighborhood is safe and everything you could possibly want is a short walk away.
2. The historical building was pretty awesome with original woodworking and stairs that are fabulous.
3. The bedding and linens were very comfortable. It was a good night's sleep on the new mattresses.
Here are things I wish I knew before:
1. Air conditioning is only in one room. I read later that heat has the same issue. Luckily it was not a humid weekend. I think the addition of ceiling fans into the two bedrooms would help significantly and not make renters have to crank up the heat or air.
2. This is a third floor walk up that I would have like to have known beforehand. My husband is recovering from surgery and getting up with the bags was certainly a challenge.
3. It is very, very small. As one reviewer wrote, the couch is very stained even though it's been cleaned a few times. There is no place else to sit in the apartment because the sitting room, TV, dining table and kitchenette are in one room.
4. My last complaint is that while the apartment was very clean, the cleaning product made the place reak and I am very sensitive to those kinds of smells. That's an easy fix with natural cleaning products.
Good, not great.
First, the pros - this is a clean, bright apartment in an excellent location on a lovely street a few blocks from Rittenhouse Square.
The cons - Some things are a bit shabby. That photo must have been taken when the couch was new because now it's fairly stained to the point that I didn't really want to sit on it. The towels and washcloths were pretty worn and nothing that I would give to guests. The beds are ok, not great. The shower in the bathroom is exceedingly tiny. Also, as someone else has stated - there is no place to put anything down in the bathroom. There are two tiny shelves in the bathroom, where, in that same space, there was plenty of room to hang much larger shelves and that would have afforded some much needed storage area.
My biggest problem is with a lack of communication by the owner. The night we arrived we had a bit of difficulty with the lock box. The ones I'm familiar with have a drawer that drops down, in this lock box, the entire front opens if you can awkwardly depress a small lever after putting in the code. I wish the instructions had been more explicit about how to open the lock box. Also, the second bedroom faces a brick wall with a large stained glass window. The night we got to the apartment, the stained glass window was lit up late into the night. There is no curtain on the bedroom window in this apartment so it was impossible to sleep. Luckily, the other nights we were there, the light didn't come on again. The first morning in the apartment I sent a message to the owner asking if we could get a curtain on the window. We got no response our entire stay yet on the day we checked out we received a message asking for a 5 star review.
I guess we've been lucky with the other VRBOs we've rented as the owner has always contacted us early to see if we needed anything.
To sum up - ok apartment but wouldn't rent it again.
This is a clean, cozy apartment in a quiet building within a charming (and safe) neighborhood. The location was perfect for the things we wanted to do and we walked everywhere. Everything you need is just down the street, around the corner or a few blocks away - small market/deli, coffee shops, restaurants, CVS, etc. I loved that the street leads directly into Rittenhouse Square.
There is no elevator in the building which was not an issue for us, but it might be for some. The air conditioning worked great!
My only "disappointments" would be that the couch is somewhat stained, there were no paper towels or napkins in the kitchen and we could have used more bathroom towels (one small hand towel for 3 people was stretching it a bit). None of that would keep me away again, though, and I would happily book another stay. It was an ideal place for our family on our 5 day visit to Philadelphia. I highly recommend it!
Very functional and comfortable. Great location
I’m relocating to Philadelphia due to work and was here to look for a place called home. Staying here for two nights was the best decision. I would definitely recommend.
A Gem in the Heart of the City Near Rittenburg Square!
We LOVED this apartment! The neighborhood was safe and close to Rittenburg Square and the Convention Center. The decor was contemporary and tasteful. That kitchen and bathroom were well stocked and we both slept like a dream. ...no city noises! I will definitely stay again!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
You must agree to keep the noise down in the lobby and hallways and be respectful of the neighbors at all times. While in the apartment, I ask that you keep the noise down after 9pm and before 9am. Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.