About the property
- Cabin400 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay6 nights
Two Bedroom, With Loft, One Bathroom, On Lake
Overlooking peaceful High Lake on a heavily forested lot. Enjoy your cup of tea or coffee in the dining area with windows on three sides to bring in the sunshine and observe nature. Two bedroom/loft area Bellaire cabin with dock, one bathroom with shower, inside fireplace. Deck overlooking lake, fire pit and picnic table. Kayaks and canoe for guest use. Great fishing. Quiet get away for a family. Only 15 minutes from Traverse City, walking distance to local pizza restaurant, park, convenience store. We hope you enjoy this tranquil vacation experience. This is a rustic setting cabin, keeping with the peaceful setting: no WIFI, tv or phone. There is a surround sound radio. Enjoy the peace without all the extra electronics. This is a non-smoking/non-pet cabin.
118 Highview LLC
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Quiet and beautiful.
I had a great getaway with my daughter and two granddaughters. We shared our cooking skills but missed one thing--an oven. Everything else was sufficient. The kayaks were fun.
Great Views and Lovely Hostess
We had a great stay at this quaint little cottage... We enjoyed the fireplace one evening, canoed the lake another day, took a hike on our last day and all in all had a great time. The cottage and beds were comfortable... As other reviewers mentioned the refrigerator is small but our only suggestion would be a small space heater, particularly later in the season would be very welcomed.
GREAT VALUE, COZY CABIN, HONEST REVIEW
Overall, we loved our stay in this cabin. We stayed for 6 nights. It was somewhat comfortable for our family of six (four adults and two children). If you are used to a huge house, this cabin is on the small side, however, being small and cozy, I felt, it was part of the experience. I would definitely rent again if a few things are tweaked (see below).
1) The owners are terrific! We arrived and the mini fridge was not working. That was a huge problem for me since we had just stopped at the supermarket. I called the owner and she immediately told me she was bringing me a cooler with a big bag of ice. 30 mins later, she arrived with the cooler & ice. Next day at 9am, they were back with a brand new mini fridge. That is what I call service!
2) The cabin is set in a wooded area, it is amazingly beautiful and super relaxing.
3) The outdoor area is nicely furnished with plenty of seating space for around the fire and dinner.
1) The kitchen does not have a full sized fridge. For a family of 6 which plans to spend most days at the cabin, this could be an issue. Thankfully, we were able to keep the cooler the owners lend us and we were able to accommodate all of our groceries. However, without it, it would have been a real pain. If you plan to eat out most meals, then this would not count as a con for you. However, if you need to have a full sized fridge stocked (eggs, bacon, sausage, hot dogs, cheese, cold cuts, milk, butter, beer, water, etc) then I suggest you bring a large cooler & ice with you.
2) As I mention in the PROS section, the setting is very wooded, which has a nice nature feel. However, it means that the sun barely pokes through the trees. Also, the cabin faces the East, therefore, the only time the cabin gets sun, is before 12pm. The trees almost engulf the dock in its entirely which means that if it is slightly chilly and want to swim in the lake (which most likely will happen after noon when the sun is on the other side of the cabin), you will be doing so in the shade which can get really cold really fast. I recommend for the owners add floating dock a little further away from their dock so that people can swim where the sun can still shine.
3) Since the cabin barely gets any sun, it is hard to dry anything. Wet suits and towels stay wet.
4) The cabin is furnished with everything you need for 6 people which is great, but only 6 towels is not enough, specially for longer stays and since towels never dry.
Peaceful and relaxing
The cabin was a great getaway for the family. Great lake views and right off the water. Kayaks were provided and the lake was perfect. The cabin was 10 minutes to town and far enough away to make you feel miles away! Great communication from the owner. We had a great time and plan on coming back again!
Relaxing and enjoyable
We stayed for a week with 4 kids between the ages of 2 and 14. Plenty of room for everyone. Large dining room table inside, plus another larger picnic table on the large deck outside. It was great to have use of the paddleboat, kayaks, and canoe, and the water was shallow enough to create a nice swim area around the dock. A stop at Peegeo's (right down the street) for lunch or dinner is highly recommended. Everything was in great condition. The owner is very nice. Looking forward to another trip soon!
A perfect rustic getaway
We had a great family vacation at this cozy, rustic cabin. The pics show it well: nestled in the woods, the entire interior is knotty pine, a nice big deck, fabulous views of the lake (one whole side of the cabin is windows). Stone-lined fire pit outside and a large, handsome fireplace inside. Beautifullly-tiled shower, cute loft third bedroom, small kitchen with everything needed for basic cooking and serving for six. The house and grounds are neat and clean, and it's easy to keep the cabin clean. On sunny days we enjoyed the kayaks, canoe, and paddleboat; on rainy days we enjoyed puzzles, games, and books. Within five minutes there's a really nice local pizza joint; within ten minutes are all the many attractions of Traverse City; with a day trip there's Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, the Leelenau Peninsula, and the Mackinac Bridge. The owner is really nice and communicates quickly and well. We're already looking forward to next summer.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Guests may arrive at or after 4 p.m., and must leave by 11:00 a.m. No pets/no smoking.