Beautiful Valley Views While Relaxing in the Hot Tub - Spacious Living Space(30 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
The ultimate in relaxation! 5 bedrooms, 9 beds, 3 bathrooms, 2 living rooms
The Redmond House provides elegance and comfort for you and your family. If you are looking for a getaway that will provide arrangements for a larger party, this is the home for you. The quiet landscape and natural surroundings will offer you a view of the Genesee Valley like no other. The openness of the layout gives you unlimited space and flexibility to gather indoors or out on the deck. Even with all this spacious public area, there are 5 private bedrooms for you and your guests, sleeping 16 – 18 people.
• Beautiful custom chef's kitchen
• 6000 square foot home
• 2 full living rooms
• 3 Flat panel TV’s, DISH and DVD players
• Expansive 1100 square foot deck overlooking the valley
• Fully finished lower level walkout with private deck
• Outdoor grill
• Handicapped accessible
• Outdoor fire pit
• 6 person whirlpool hot tub
• 22 acres of wooded trails and stream
• Pond with dock
• Radiant Floor heat
• Air conditioning
• Family-sized and expandable dining room
Keywords: Letchworth state park, mt morris, mount morris, Nunda, Dansville, Swain Ski resort, Bristol Mountain, Finger Lakes, wedding, family reunion, wine tour, Stoney brook, Dansville balloon festival, glen iris inn, Genese valley, country wedding, vacation, rochester wedding.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2013
- Chateau / Country House
- 6000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 20
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
There are many nature hikes to take and enjoy the outdoors with the kids. With supervision, the pond is a great place to swim and catch frogs. The single room allows the kids to have their own space in the house to enjoy their vacation....moreless
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
The main floor of the house is fully wheelchair accessible. There is a ramp from the driveway to the deck which will allow entry into the house. All the doorways are 36' in wide to allow wheelchair access. We encourage everyone to enjoy their vacations no matter what their limitations are....moreless
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 18-20
- The master bedroom has a beautiful view of the Valley along with a new comfortable king size bed. There are 2 large closets and plenty of room to enjoy your own personal space. All the bedrooms have brand new mattresses and bedding. You will relax and sleep well in the quiet bedrooms. We also offer a sleeper sofa in the downstairs living room along with a full queen size futon. The space allows for flexibility in sleeping and with the 5 bedrooms everyone will find a good nights sleep....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The master bathroom has a single sink with a beautiful granite counter. The shower offers a hand held shower head and a seat for those who need these features. This bathroom is fully wheelchair accessible but not a handicapped shower. The main upstairs bathroom has full access from the hallway and provides all the amenities needed for you and your guests. The downstairs bathroom provides the basics along with an additional shelf and counter for all of your toiletries....moreless
- This home is the perfect getaway - the house is nestled on the hillside far off the road. The only noises will be the singing of birds and maybe the sound of the horses in the neighboring fields. We are only an hour from Watkins Glen and 45 minutes to Rochester, so if you are coming in to watch the Nascar race or the PGA, we are your perfect getaway....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 12 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Stove:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Off Season 2016
Sep 8 - May 17, 2017
2 night min stay
Sep 8 - May 23, 2018
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning fee $125
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Tax Rate 3%
Please contact us to receive more information or with any questions about our home, we are happy to assist you with your visit. Call us at 585.747.8866 to make a reservation or for any inquiries you have about the property or your vacation plans. (Please leave your name, phone number and the dates you are interested in for your vacation.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Redmond House is the ultimate in relaxation and is situated within many unique and exciting attractions. Located just outside Dansville, NY there are year round attractions that offer endless activities and entertainment. Hiking, golf, craft shows, festivals, fishing, skiing, snow tubing, snowmobiling, museums and wine tours are just a few of the activities in the area. This home is nestled between Letchworth State Park and Stony Brook State Park, the perfect getaway to enjoy nature. Many of the local craft shows offer upstate New York's finest quilts and homemade jams.
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: We love living in Western New York and want to share our home with others who want to spend time with their family and friends. We love to hear the stories of our guests and how they spend their time at The Redmond House.
Why the Owner Chose Dansville, NY, USA:
It's a beautiful place to enjoy a quiet getaway and spend time with family and friends.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
We love to sit out on the deck at dusk and watch the deer come up and drink from at pond. We see turkeys, rabbits and even a few mallard ducks inhabit the property throughout the day. There are many bird species as there are over 20 bird houses on the property that were specially made by my mom. The trails through the woods wander next to the stream and take you past many species of woods and up to the front field where you might see twin fawns chasing butterfly's in the grass.
- Primary: 585-747-8866
- Secondary: +1 5857478866
Come relax at the Redmond House
View of the balloons over the valley from Redmond House
Main Living room
Relaxing seating in the living room.
Dining room at Redmond House
The Kitchen offers two ovens, refrigerator and cooktop and is fully stocked.
Foosball table in the downstairs living room
Twin bedroom has 4 twin beds
A view through the arch at one of our weddings
Enjoy the new firepit
Plenty of room to entertain and relax.
Front Door entrance
Spiral stairs to Loft room
Piano, and dining room
Queen bedroom on the main floor
The upper deck is 1100 sq feet with a great view.
Arial view of the North side of Redmond House
The perfect ending to a great day at the Redmond House
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.