When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
We are now in our off season and accepting extended stay reservations here at Harpster-Davenport Guest House starting October 2016 thru April 30, 2017. Please call for more information at 419-602-1009.
Relax with quiet times, watch song birds flitting about, spot an occasional Eagle soaring overhead, listen to the wind whispering through the big White Pine’s boughs, watch the lazily drifting clouds move slowly past, catch a shooting star in the night time sky while enjoying an open-pit fire or lounge in the outdoor hot tub as it soothes away your cares and prepares you for another day.
Based on the European style 'Guest House or Gist', our accommodation is totally private from your hosts living quarters which is on the lower level. There is a separate outdoor entrance leading up to the private second floor apartment. You have plenty of room to move about in your lovingly furnished country quarters with a private living room, breakfast room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Your completely outfitted kitchen is yours alone so you can prepare meals with no times or rules to follow. You will also enjoy a comfortable queen bed while being wrapped up with freshly laundered, line dried soft quality bed linens for a restful nights sleep. It's our goal to make your stay memorable.
Here are a few things that sets Harpster-Davenport Guest House apart from other accommodations. Our Circa 1842 farm home is a unique and homey lodging experience for vacationing travelers as well as extended stay guests. It features these amenities and more....
1) We are located in the rural countryside yet we're minutes away to grocery stores, restaurants, drug stores and other downtown conveniences
2) Safe and secure environment
3) Clean and well maintained
4) Tastefully decorated in a modern, eclectic country decor'
5) Luxury linens and towels provided
6) Private outside entrance going up to living quarters
7) Well-appointed kitchen from pots & pans, coffee, tea, spices and more!
8) Comfortable queen bed for a relaxing nights sleep
9) Secure and personal router with wireless internet, cable TV with movie channels and stereo with iPod connectivity, alarm clock.
10) Lighted magnifying makeup mirror, hair dryer, ironing board and iron.
11) 2nd floor balcony with seating
12) Private lower level patio with gas grill, chairs and table for your outdoor dining enjoyment
13) Flower gardens and ample size yard to walk about in.
14) Old World style pergola with fire pit, firewood and seating for fireside chats.
15) 6-person outdoor hot tub open 24/7 for your use (adults only)
16) Enjoy our quaint settlers garden produce when in season
17) Conveniently located to Cedar Point and centrally located to all the other many attractions throughout north-central Ohio
18) No smoking allowed inside guest house and no pets allowed
19) Affordable rates and friendly hosts
20) Just waiting for you!
One of life’s pleasures is creating unique, fond and lasting memories for ourselves, our friends, our guests and the ones we love.
Janell and Paul Davenport purchased this farmhouse in 1842
We wanted to offer guests an opportunity to experience an alternative in lodging separate from hotels, motels, B&B's during their visit to our area, whether it's for a fun energizing vacation or some much needed down time for relaxation. Based on European style accommodations experienced from our own personal travels, Harpster-Davenport Guest House was created to share with our guests.
When we came across this Greek Revival 1842, it was desperately in need of repairs and much loving care as it had been sadly neglected over the years. The moment we stepped inside, the house said 'home' to us. We didn't want to change the character of her, but rather, repair and update where necessary and put our own personal touches into her to make her 'our home'. It's been a work of love since 2008 and of course, there have been lots of surprises along the way too.
Janelle and Paul,
Your Guest House is beautiful!!! Thank you for your hospitality while we were here! We will definitely stay here again next time we visit Cedar Point. (This is Ian. My favorite things at Cedar Point were Mavericks First Drop and Millenium Force. I had an amazing time.)
We had a wonderful experience at harpster Davenport house. Paul and Janelle were very accommodating. We had everything we could need in our home away from home.
We had a nice time while on vacation to Ohio. This quaint little place had everything we needed to make the stay perfect. Thank you for allowing us to stay here.
June 2nd to June 4th, 2016. We spent two nights at this lovely property for my husbands 40th birthday. Paul and Janell are great hosts. They went above and beyond to make our stay special by surprising my husband with a birthday cake. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by both and given a tour of the property. We loved the rustic charm and quiet country setting. The accomodations were exceptionally clean and all the amenities of home were provided. The hot tub and fire pit provided a great way to wind down after a fun filled day at Cedar Point. The location is within close proximity to some lovely restaurants and the Sanduskly area. Paul and Janell are very familiar with the area and were more than happy to offer suggestions for dining and attractions. We will definitely be back!
Katie and Joe from Toronto
We had a really nice time staying here. We loved the area, the house was really nice and cozy, and having things like the hot tub, satellite tv, and various kitchen items was a very nice bonus. We really enjoyed our stay and we would definitely consider coming here again!
We enjoyed our stay at the guesthouse very much. Everything was ready upon our arrival, and we found the guesthouse to be comfortable and well equipped with blankets, towels, kitchen supplies, etc. The bathroom is very small, but Paul and Janell did tell us that they have plans to enlarge it in the next few months. We loved the country setting that was conveniently located within a short drive of several of our destinations, including Cedar Point Amusement Park and Firelands Winery in Sandusky, the Miller ferry to Put-in-Bay, and the Sorrowful Mother Shrine near Bellevue. Our hosts did indeed give us a lot of privacy as they say on their website, but they made it very clear that they were willing to take care of anything we might need during our stay. Visiting with them on the last day of our trip was wonderful. They are very kind and have many fascinating stories to tell! All in all, we would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting or traveling through northern Ohio. We had such a wonderful stay that we will use VRBO as our first place to check for lodging when traveling in the future.
My sons and I had a great time visiting the sights and staying in the country - it reminded me of where I lived as a teenager in Elbert, CO. It was a plesasure meeting Paul and we hope to meet Janelle on our next visit. Thanks a million for the hospitality and for the memories! Pete and the Boys
Cedar Point Amusement Park (Sandusky) 20 minutes - Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum (Bellevue) 10 minutes - Historical Lyme Village (Bellevue) 10 minutes - Jungle Junction (largest indoor playground in the state of Ohio in Bellevue) 10 minutes - Bellevue Recreation Center Outdoor Pool (Bellevue) 10 minutes - Seneca Caverns (Bellevue) 15 minutes - Rutherford Hayes Presidential Center with Museum and House Tours (Fremont) 20 minutes - Sorrowful Mother Shrine (Bellevue) 15 minutes - Edison's Birthplace (Milan) 15 minutes - The Berlin Fruit Box Company / Samuel Patterson Baskets (Berlin Heights) 25 minutes - Naturally Country Gifts and Decor (Norwalk) 20 minutes - African Safari Wildlife Park (Port Clinton) 30 minutes - Marblehead Lighthouse and Keepers House (Marblehead) 30 minutes - Johnsons Island and Lakeside on Lake Erie (Marblehead) 30 minutes - Kalahari Indoor Waterpark (Sandusky) 20 minutes - Antique Shopping (located in various towns such as Milan, Fremont, Bellevue, Norwalk) 10+ minutes - and so much more!
Brochures of all kinds of attractions and things to do in our area will be made available in your Guest House accommodations.
We also have available a cozy, gently rustic and relaxing cabin for rent called Dancing Fox Cabin. dancingfoxcabin.com
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest|
- Holiday weekends including Friday & Monday require a 3 night reservation (Memorial Day - July 4th - Labor Day).
- Rate is based on 2 people. Extra people: Add $15.00 per guest, per night.
- We do charge a damage deposit of $200.00 for young children 6 years of age and under which is added to your initial deposit, however you will be refunded that deposit upon check-out if no damages have occurred.
- We do offer (1) night stays for a nightly rate of $140.00 when available, based on 2 people. Please inquire.
- We also offer extended stay and monthly rates. Please inquire due to variations in rate and deposits.