Relax with quiet times, watch song birds flitting about, spot an occasional Eagle soaring overhead, listen to the wind whispering through the big White Pine’s boughs, watch the lazily drifting clouds move slowly past, catch a shooting star in the night time sky while enjoying an open-pit fire or lounge in the outdoor hot tub as it soothes away your cares and prepares you for another day.
Based on the European style 'Guest House or Gist', our accommodation is totally private from your hosts living quarters which is on the lower level. There is a separate outdoor entrance leading up to the private second floor apartment. You have plenty of room to move about in your lovingly furnished country quarters with a private living room, breakfast room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Your completely outfitted kitchen is yours alone so you can prepare meals with no times or rules to follow. You will also enjoy a comfortable queen bed while being wrapped up with freshly laundered, line dried soft quality bed linens for a restful nights sleep. It's our goal to make your stay memorable.
Here are a few things that sets Harpster-Davenport Guest House apart from other accommodations. Our Circa 1842 farm home is a unique and homey lodging experience for vacationing travelers as well as extended stay guests. It features these amenities and more....
1) We are located in the rural countryside yet we're minutes away to grocery stores, restaurants, drug stores and other downtown conveniences
2) Safe and secure environment
3) Clean and well maintained
4) Tastefully decorated in a modern, eclectic country decor'
5) Luxury linens and towels provided
6) Private outside entrance going up to living quarters
7) Well-appointed kitchen from pots & pans, coffee, tea, spices and more!
8) Comfortable queen bed for a relaxing nights sleep
9) Secure and personal router with wireless internet, cable TV with movie channels and stereo with iPod connectivity, alarm clock.
10) Lighted magnifying makeup mirror, hair dryer, ironing board and iron.
11) 2nd floor balcony with seating
12) Private lower level patio with gas grill, chairs and table for your outdoor dining enjoyment
13) Flower gardens and ample size yard to walk about in.
14) Old World style pergola with fire pit, firewood provided and seating for fireside chats.
15) 6-person outdoor hot tub open 24/7 for your use (adults only)
16) Conveniently located to Cedar Point and centrally located to all the other many attractions throughout north-central Ohio
17) No smoking allowed inside guest house and no pets allowed
18) Affordable rates and friendly hosts
19) Just waiting for you!