Rural Country Setting - Hot Tub - Extended Stay from Oct to April Available.(21 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Lovely farmhouse with private 2nd floor apartment for nightly & extended stay
Relax with quiet times, watch song birds flitting about, spot an occasional Eagle soaring overhead, listen to the wind whispering through the big White Pine’s boughs, watch the lazily drifting clouds move slowly past, catch a shooting star in the night time sky while enjoying an open-pit fire or lounge in the outdoor hot tub as it soothes away your cares and prepares you for another day.
Based on the European style 'Guest House or Gist', our accommodation is totally private from your hosts living quarters which is on the lower level. There is a separate outdoor entrance leading up to the private second floor apartment. You have plenty of room to move about in your lovingly furnished country quarters with a private living room, breakfast room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Your completely outfitted kitchen is yours alone so you can prepare meals with no times or rules to follow. You will also enjoy a comfortable queen bed while being wrapped up with freshly laundered, line dried soft quality bed linens for a restful nights sleep. It's our goal to make your stay memorable.
Here are a few things that sets Harpster-Davenport Guest House apart from other accommodations. Our Circa 1842 farm home is a unique and homey lodging experience for vacationing travelers as well as extended stay guests. It features these amenities and more....
1) We are located in the rural countryside yet we're minutes away to grocery stores, restaurants, drug stores and other downtown conveniences
2) Safe and secure environment
3) Clean and well maintained
4) Tastefully decorated in a modern, eclectic country decor'
5) Luxury linens and towels provided
6) Private outside entrance going up to living quarters
7) Well-appointed kitchen from pots & pans, coffee, tea, spices and more!
8) Comfortable queen bed for a relaxing nights sleep
9) Secure and personal router with wireless internet, cable TV with movie channels and stereo with iPod connectivity, alarm clock.
10) Lighted magnifying makeup mirror, hair dryer, ironing board and iron.
11) 2nd floor balcony with seating
12) Private lower level patio with gas grill, chairs and table for your outdoor dining enjoyment
13) Flower gardens and ample size yard to walk about in.
14) Old World style pergola with fire pit, firewood and seating for fireside chats.
15) 6-person outdoor hot tub open 24/7 for your use (adults only)
16) Enjoy our quaint settlers garden produce when in season
17) Conveniently located to Cedar Point and centrally located to all the other many attractions throughout north-central Ohio
18) No smoking allowed inside guest house and no pets allowed
19) Affordable rates and friendly hosts
20) Just waiting for you!
Member since: 2013
- 850 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Plenty of closet space, dresser with ample drawers, comfortable queen bed with soft smooth sheets, cotton blankets and chenille cotton bedspread. We feature quality linens that are washed with natural homemade and dye-free detergent and line dried when mother nature permits. Writing desk with light and supplies, alarm clock, room darkening blinds, and lovely farmhouse decor....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The bathroom features: shower, commode, sink and plenty of shelving area for your personal toiletries. Quality plush towels are provided as well as beach towels for the hot tub. Blow dryer, electric magnified makeup mirror, handmade soap and more await you. Forget your toothpaste? We have that available too!...moreless
- If you would like to surprise someone or have a special event, birthday, proposal, just because or retirement coming up that you wish to celebrate and would like our assistance with the decorating, order a cake, ice cream, flowers, gift wrapping, balloons, arrange for massages, travel packages to attractions, make up a picnic basket and more....please ask us. We truly enjoy the opportunity to make your special time memorable and thoroughly love to see smiling faces and hear the giggles. Don't hesitate to talk to us for ideas. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 19 - Oct 31, 2017
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Holiday weekends including Friday & Monday require a 3 night reservation (Memorial Day - July 4th - Labor Day).
- Rate is based on 2 people. Extra people: Add $15.00 per guest, per night.
- We do charge a damage deposit of $250.00 for young children 5 years of age and under which is added to your initial deposit, however you will be refunded that deposit upon check-out if no damages have occurred.
- We do offer (1) night stays for a nightly rate of $150.00 when available, based on 2 people. Please inquire.
- We also offer extended stay and monthly rates. Please inquire due to variations in rate and deposits.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Cedar Point Amusement Park (Sandusky) 20 minutes - Mad River & NKP Railroad Museum (Bellevue) 10 minutes - Historical Lyme Village (Bellevue) 10 minutes - Jungle Junction (largest indoor playground in the state of Ohio in Bellevue) 10 minutes - Bellevue Recreation Center Outdoor Pool (Bellevue) 10 minutes - Seneca Caverns (Bellevue) 15 minutes - Rutherford Hayes Presidential Center with Museum and House Tours (Fremont) 20 minutes - Sorrowful Mother Shrine (Bellevue) 15 minutes - Edison's Birthplace (Milan) 15 minutes - The Berlin Fruit Box Company / Samuel Patterson Baskets (Berlin Heights) 25 minutes - Naturally Country Gifts and Decor (Norwalk) 20 minutes - African Safari Wildlife Park (Port Clinton) 30 minutes - Marblehead Lighthouse and Keepers House (Marblehead) 30 minutes - Johnsons Island and Lakeside on Lake Erie (Marblehead) 30 minutes - Kalahari Indoor Waterpark (Sandusky) 20 minutes - Antique Shopping (located in various towns such as Milan, Fremont, Bellevue, Norwalk) 10+ minutes - and so much more!
Brochures of all kinds of attractions and things to do in our area will be made available in your Guest House accommodations.
We also have available a cozy, gently rustic and relaxing cabin for rent called Dancing Fox Cabin. dancingfoxcabin.com
Year Purchased: 1842
About the owner: One of life’s pleasures is creating unique, fond and lasting memories for ourselves, our friends, our guests and the ones we love.
Why the Owner Chose Bellevue, OH, USA:
We wanted to offer guests an opportunity to experience an alternative in lodging separate from hotels, motels, B&B's during their visit to our area, whether it's for a fun energizing vacation or some much needed down time for relaxation. Based on European style accommodations experienced from our own personal travels, Harpster-Davenport Guest House was created to share with our guests.
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
When we came across this Greek Revival 1842, it was desperately in need of repairs and much loving care as it had been sadly neglected over the years. The moment we stepped inside, the house said 'home' to us. We didn't want to change the character of her, but rather, repair and update where necessary and put our own personal touches into her to make her 'our home'. It's been a work of love since 2008 and of course, there have been lots of surprises along the way too.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
1842 Greek Revival Style. Harpster-Davenport Guest House Welcomes You.
Leather furniture, country theme, ample lighting for reading, Flat Screen, WiFi
6 Person outdoor Hot Tub. Maintained daily.
Guest house patio with gas grill and seating for your outdoor enjoyment
Breakfast room to enjoy morning coffee, breakfast, lunch or dinner
Evening photo of bedroom antique dresser and lamp lights
Flowers and wrought iron armillary Paul designed and made 'Tribute to Women'
My Potting Shed converted from an abandoned out house we hauled home & fixed up.
Front yard where you can watch amazing sunsets overlooking fields of grain.
Fresh veggies picked from our small settlers garden.
Seasons are changing, fall has arrived
Partial view of livingroom with leather furniture, queen hide-a-bed.
Pergola built with reclaimed barn beams for campfires & relaxing conversations.
Hot tub area for guests to enjoy any time of the day or night.
Partial view of kitchen. Well stocked with pots, pans, dishes and even spices!
View of kitchen looking into breakfast room
Relaxing color scheme and furnishings in bedroom. Queen bed.
Pauls workshop to make his creative ideas come to life.
We love flowers!
Flowers growing around guest house patio
Kitchen this and that......
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 16, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.