About the property
- House1722 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
Fully furnished colonial property in the Centre of Granada
3 bedroom house (with AC)
Swimming pool (maintained three times a week)
Cable and Internet
Fully furnished and ready to move in
The property is located 4 blocks from the main square and near restaurants and the supermarket. Each room has A/C and a private full bathroom with shower. This it the ideal place from where you can explore Granada, easy access to all places and very safe house to spend time in the pool after a hot day.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, french, german, spanish, portuguese
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 02, 2017
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 12:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great House for a Family of Four
We travel around the world for a living, therefore a relaxing family vacation is important to us. We stayed in Casa Bomberos for 2 weeks. Our kids got into the pool every single day during our stay in Granada, and they loved every single minute of it. Property management was always readily available every time we had questions. This was very important to us as we have had not very positive experiences in the past with other property managements in Granada while staying in different houses.
We also appreciated that the owner of the house stopped by to see if we needed something else. We are always thankful for a great customer service, even more importantly coming directly from the owner of the house.
I have seen other reviews of this house saying that the street where the house sits in can be a bit noisy. In my opinion, (I grew up in Granada and lived there for 19 years of my life) you get the local morning sounds of Granada. Horses' galloping sounds pulling carts, walking vendors chanting their products for sale, kids laughing while riding their bikes, and sure, cars and motorcycles as any other city in the world.
We felt that the kitchen had all the necessary elements for a family of four. We had my extended family to come and visit during the day, and there was sufficient furniture to sit 12 people including kids.
If you are still planning to stay connected during your vacation, there is WiFi and cable TV. TV came handy for my little boys and their cousins when they were tired of swimming and ready to watch silly cartoons on TV.
Overall, the house and property management staff support made our vacation one of the best ones we have had so far in Granada. We will definitely try to rent this house when we head back to Nicaragua for our next vacations.
We stayed two months in this lovely home and we had a really great time. The house is well situated, safe and really confortable. Our kids enjoyed the pool and the big open space. The staff was really nice and helpful.
Great house, the staff was very helpful and cordial. Heydi kept in touch with us to make sure our stayed was a great one. We definitely rent that house again.
Great Place to Stay in Granada
This was our fourth winter in Granada and the second year staying for two months, Feb. & March at Casa Bomberos. Like my wife and I, another year had passed and we are a little bit more worn, rough and ragged at the edges AND so is Casa Bomberos.
The location, pool and rooms all have not changed from my last review (2014); the Casa met most of our needs as basic accommodation, wide open spacious feeling, comfortable bed and air conditioning as needed. If one wishes North American standards, some disappointments could be encountered. The Casa is open air, insects and other critters do visit and say hello, however most of these depend on previous guests and their cleanliness.
The rental office tries their best to address any problems at a timely fashion, Rebecca and Javier kept the place tidy.
In Nicaragua, especially for monthly renters or those with electricity extra, electricity rates are brutal ($0.45 USD per kW; 2015 rates) which can add up from $300 to over $600 per month for full use of A/C, water pressure pump & pool for a casa of this size.
- Good location close to supermarkets
- Nice sized pool with 3 hours of sun
- Close to central park and main street/restaurants
- Great neighbours and local folk
- Colourful wall art and some decorations
- Street noise has increased yet less traffic, more construction vehicles during the day and loud motorcycles and barking dogs still at night, sound echoes and carries (Used wireless headsets to listen to TV)
- Not enough dishes for a full house of six people, we (two of us) were OK until additional visitor arrived for a week and used the only cereal bowl.
- The cutlery is poor quality, afraid to press into food in case fork bends or knife breaks.
Yet, it was a great two months and we will be back next year!
Better than it looks!
Our party was 4 adults, two 4 year olds, and a 10 year old. The house comfortable accommodated all of us for several weeks.
* walking distance to the grocery stores in town makes stocking up food easy.
* walking distance to all of the major sites in Granada. Choco Museo very close by for fabulous all you can eat breakfast. Merced Tower, the main plaza, banks, and so much more close by.
* easy to access buses to get out of town to Masaya, Managua, Mombacho, and more.
* House was always a comfortable temperature in the bedrooms and around the house. Air conditioning was a nice touch, but hardly needed.
* The pool was cool and fabulous and clean.
* The beds were clean and comfortable.
* Showers were spacious, clean, and ample hot water.
* Washing machine worked perfectly, as did the fridge and freezer.
* Wifi is fast and reliable.
* Management was friendly, very responsive, and extremely helpful in assisting us in setting up rides and other things we needed.
* open space, safe neighborhood, very private feeling house overall!
Here's what could be better:
* More towels! Especially because the tiles are SO slippery, around the pool and elsewhere, and there needs to be a way to step down and not always have towels on the floor to help.
* The stove needs a little help. The two settings seem to be flame thrower and barely there.
* More and newer kitchen tools (pans, pots, dish towels etc)
* The seconds set of keys were very tricky and hard to open the locks with.
* A write up for tenants with a city map showing how to get places (like the grocery store and the plaza) plus tips on how things work would be a help.
It was a fabulous place to be with kids, I would return here without hesitation for a short or long stay in beautiful Granada.
We returned to Nicaragua once again and stayed for 1 month at this lovely home.
The accommodations were very welcoming and the size was perfect to allow us to have a guest visit. The pool allowed a great cool down each day. The realtor and maid were excellent! The location was convenient to allow walking to the supermarket, market and transportation. We were very pleased!!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Payment can be made by Western Union, Paypal or to a Nicaraguan or US Bank account. Details will be provided. For arrivals after 7 pm a charge of 25$ is applicable.