Fabulous Apartment in Possibly the Best Location in the Alps(14 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Large 3 bedroom apartment to sleep 6, mountain views, WiFi, etc
Two double bedrooms, both having their own en-suite facilities, with an additional gallery loft/bedroom.
An entrance hallway leads to stairs for the sleeping quarters, a separate cloakroom, into an open-plan kitchen/dining/living area and onward to a large balcony affording stunning views across the Lauterbrunnen valley and left toward Murren and the Jungfrau glacier. There is an additional balcony from the first bedroom, offering the same views.
The property is equipped with everything you might require for a memorable stay.
The closest chair lift is approx 200m away at the finish line of the World Cup downhill and slalom courses. This allows you to reach the three available skiing areas.
Wengen centre is a 15 minute walk along a quiet lane with stunning views as you go. A taxi service is available as are supermarket deliveries.
Winter: Local maps (incl ski areas): These are available to some extent on the website
Pre-season can have snow from mid November onward and a couple of pistes may (only may) be open, just to work those legs in gently.
Spring is significantly warmer, days are longer and there can be a great deal of snow.
The World Cup races are definitely worth seeing (here or anywhere) - simply the best skiers in the world.
For beginner skiers there is no need to miss out on the best views because there are nursery slopes up the mountain as well as in Wengen centre. These slopes are reached by train or cable car with the relevant ski pass, allowing all levels to congregate and discuss progress.
Summer: Quiet, peaceful, as energetic as you choose to make it, so many activities, often with very warm sunshine (please take care against sunstroke), marvelling at the scale of the surroundings. As in winter, no photographs will ever do it justice, so the guest's reviews can give you an idea of what to expect.
General: Please contact myself with even the smallest question. You will be offered every assistance throughout your stay. There is a very good chance that you will find your own favourite and unique aspect to this area, and at the end of the week we will unfortunately have to say goodbye, but please do return.
This is simply a fantastic area - please see the guest's reviews.
Member since: 2010
- 93 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 has its own balcony, a large wardrobe with mirrors, bedside tables and lamps and iPod-docking speaker. Bedroom 2 has a wardrobe with mirrors, bedside shelves with lamp and an iPod-docking speaker. This is the only apartment in Racers Retreat that has two proper double rooms within the main apartment. Bedroom 3 has drawers, bedside lamps, two single futons, an iPod-docking speaker, accessible by a wide-step ladder from the upstairs landing. Kids love this room! There are UK type electrical sockets on multi boards so no need for travel adaptors from the UK or Ireland....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The very large balcony accessible from the living area is complete with table and chairs for meals or just relaxation. Stunning views from the balconies. . There are 4 steps to get to the property. . A chair lift (at approx 200m) allows skiing back to Wengen, or to catch a (frequent) train up/down the mountain, or just to master the World Cup slalom run! Taxi to the village is available at approx CHF20. A supermarket delivery service is available. Summer activities include: hiking, biking, tennis, open air pool, base-jumping, rafting, golf and sailing and lake cruises and tree-top ropes (Interlaken), the 'Flyer', wildlife, UNESCO World Heritage site of Trummelbach waterfall (inside the mountain), etc. Winter activities: skiing/snowboarding, tobogganing (some long and very fast (!) routes), walking, etc. All seasons: Photography, para-gliding, Junfraujoch and Piz Gloria viewpoints, skating, curling. Full information and assistance given before and during your stay....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Ski & Snowboard:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 17 - Mar 24, 2017
7 night min stay
Late Winter 2017
Mar 25 - Apr 7, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- VisitorTax Adult winter, per person, per night $4.06
- Refundable Damage Deposit $534.78
- Vis Tax Child summer, per person, per night $1.60
- Cleaning $208.56
- Vis tax Adult summer, per person, per night $2.99
- Vis Tax Child winter, per person, per night $2.14
- Linen per person $38.50
- Taxes Not included
- Cancellations within the 8 week period prior to booked arrival date will be refunded as follows:
- Full refund of damage deposit.
- Cancellation over 4 weeks and less than 8 weeks will be refunded at a rate of 50% of the difference between the reservation deposit and the final rental amount e.g. if the deposit was CHF 1000 and the rental element was CHF 2000, you will receive CHF 500.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Lovely, private chalet set in the heart of the Bernese Oberland, offering all the traditional winter sports and summer activities in some of the most dramatic scenery to be found anywhere in The Alps. All abilities in all activities, are superbly catered for, with varied and interesting routes/locations.
The location is 15 minutes walk from the charming, traffic-free village of Wengen and 2 minutes from the finishing area of the 'classic', longest and often the fastest, World Cup Downhill race, The Lauberhorn.
Stunning views and quiet trails are everywhere, for all activities, next to numerous peaks, including the infamous Eiger mountain and over the valley from the delightful Murren village and Schilthorn peak (made famous by James Bond), these being other easily accessible locations.
Interlaken and Thun are nearby for further activities, shopping treats and dining.
Please note: private cars are left in Lauterbrunnen and a train taken up to Wengen.
Other Activities: Cycling, diving, fishing, wind-surfing, golf, horse riding, sailing, golf
Ski: There are only three grades of piste In this area - blue, red and black. The blues are nice 'cruisy' runs like the green gradings you might find in France and can often be summer roads.
The reds are also quite relaxing with only a few blacks. There is also plenty of off-piste skiing and some lovely tree-lined routes lower down.
A snowpark can be found at Jungfraujoch for the tricksters amongst you.
Generally the area is very easy to navigate with all slopes from Mannlichen and Kleine Scheidegg and the 'First' area heading toward Grindlewald, from where a cable car or train can bring you back up the mountain. Over on the Murren side there is plenty of great skiing and again, navigation is easy, with train or cable cars allowing you to return after the pistes have closed.
It is rare to find a big queue for any lift.
There are also great sledging runs, that require care in some places because they are fast. 10 miles long if you wish to come down from above Grindlewald.
Racers Retreat from other side of valley
Another balcony view
En route to chalet 2
The Eiger, Monch & Jungfrau from Piz Gloria - you can ski from here.
Snowy Wengen from Allmend
The FIS slalom run in autumn
Looking 700m down onto Lauterbrunnen - 30 mins hike from the apartment.
Wengen's fantastic open air pool
Just another summer's day...
Part of 2nd bedroom
Looking down on Lauterbrunnen from hiking viewpoint.
Balcony view (balconies face west, so you get the sun)
The road to the chalet, Feb 16
En route to chalet 1
Why not have your own piste?
The Silberhorn from balcony (zoomed in)
Lauterbrunnen valley in summer
Looking toward Grindlewald from below Mannlichen
North Face of Eiger from Wengenalp
Part of main bedroom
Dining area and fully equipped kitchen
Lauterbrunnen Valley from Ledi Area.
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.