4 Star Spacious Self Catering Georgian Style Home in Walled Gardens(12 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 bedroom house to sleep 2-6 persons close to Bath City centre. Garage
Newly renovated Georgian style house built in 1957 for a local builder, with bright spacious accommodation spread over two floors. There are three large double bedrooms,with clock radios, hair-dryers and heat pads. 2 bedrooms have basins. A bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle with choice of two showers. Separate WC. Lovely sitting room with six windows overlooking the walled gardens and patio areas. Digital TV, VCR, DVD and radio. Broadband, books, games and tourist information.
Dining room with seating for six persons and second TV. Fully fitted kitchen,with larder fridge and ceramic hob, electric oven, microwave, kettle and toaster. Utility room with fridge freezer, dish washer, washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron. Conservatory with rocking chair and garden chairs leading to patio with picnic table and barbecue. Cloakroom with WC and basin. Peaceful garden with trees, shrubs and lawns, yet close to good bus service. Good sized garage, 16ft 6" long and 7ft 6" wide with up and over door.Free on street parking 8 minutes walk away.
Member since: 2010
- 1763 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered:
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- 1 Cedar Villas has three large bedrooms, with radiators. Each has a clock radio, and hairdryer and plenty of hangers in the wardrobes. There are electric heat pads for each bed in addition to the duvets and blankets provided. Each bedroom has cream bedside reading lamps in addition to the ceiling lights. The 2 front bedrooms have matching twin single divan beds and the white bedroom has a washbasin, and built in white matching wardrobe, units and bedside cabinets. The cream twin bedroom has a rocking chair in the bay window and a Stagg Minstrel mahogany wardrobe and matching chest of drawers and bedside cabinets. Both rooms look over the garden towards Lower Oldfield Park. There are good City views from the white bedroom. The rear cream bedroom has a deep sprung double divan, a wash basin,fitted mirrored wardrobe and pine chests. It has wall lights in addition to the bedside lamps and the light over the bed has a dimmer facility. Both windows overlook the garden and the Magnolia tree....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The spacious bathroom has a full size white bath and a separate shower cubicle with a choice of two showers. There is a matching white wash basin with an adjacent towel holder and a heated towel rail. The window opens over the back yard and has a pull down blackout blind. There is a double radiator and glass shelves for toiletries, a waste bin and a plant in a china planter. The bathroom is tiled in warm pink patterned tiles and soft cream wall paint.It has vinyl flooring to match the tiles, and bath mats in pink, cream or white. There is a mirror fronted cream bathroom cabinet over the radiator and over the wash basin there is a large mirror with three white glass ball lamps. The separate WC is next to the bathroom and there is a cloakroom on the ground floor with WC and basin, a mosaic tiled floor, radiator, mirror towel holder and pedal bin. The window opens over the front garden....moreless
- 1 Cedar Villas can accommodate just a couple, groups of friends or family up to 6 persons. A travel cot is available if required. Although situated close to Lower Oldfield Park which has a regular bus service, 1, Cedar Villas is a very quiet peaceful house, set in walled gardens with a good selection of shrubs and flowers around the lawns. There are two patio areas and a picnic bench table is outside the double glazed patio door. The roof, built in the Georgian style has a glass light above the parapet and the builder has incorporated a glass ceiling over the stairs and landing. All the doors downstairs have bevelled glass panels to match the sash windows and as a consequence the house is full of light. The sitting room has six windows overlooking the garden, the cream bedroom has five windows and the other bedrooms have two windows each.The large hall has a pine floor and the kitchen has a quarry tiled floor. The utility, cloakroom and conservatory floors are tiled in mosaic tiles....moreless
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Child's Highchair
The dining room has Stagg Minstrel solid mahogany furniture which will seat 6 persons. There is a dresser for glasses, place mats, table cloth and napkins and 2 files with house information . ...moreless
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
16ft 6' long and 7ft 6' wide with up and over door. The garage has a green door with a large white 1 on it and is third in the row on the left of Cedar Way as you drive up. It is best to back in....moreless
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Maps
- Paper Towels
- Parking On Street
- Security System
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Tumble Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Kitchen, with floor and wall units, ceramic hob, electric oven, extractor hood, fridge, microwave, Brabantia waste bin. There is an espresso machine, a cafetiere, electric kettle, toaster and radio....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Screen Porch / Veranda
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $25.15
- OfflineRDD $94.31
- Taxes Not included
A cash key/damage deposit of £75 will be taken on arrival and will be returned on leaving when the house is checked OK and the keys are returned.
Weekly rent for five/six persons using 3 bedrooms is £1,000 -£1,100.00
3 nights, £700 4, £850, 5, £950, 6, 975.
Two bedroom weekly tariff is £850
Short stays,3 nights £550, 4, £650, 5, £750, 6, £850
2 dogs welcomed. A charge of £20 is made per stay.
Holidaymakers pay 1/3rd on booking. Balance should be paid one month before arrival. Pay Pal, Bank transfer , Banker's draft or cheque can be used. For last minute bookings all payments need to be in cash on arrival in pounds sterling
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
1 Cedar Villas is adjacent the Hayesfield School playing fields, in Lower Oldfield Park and is on a regular bus route to Bath University.
It takes just 10 minutes to walk to Bath City centre, with the new shopping malls Thermal baths, and the bus and railway stations. Bath is famous for its beautiful Georgian architecture, the Royal Crescent and the Circus, Pulteney Bridge and the Roman Baths. There are museums, art galleries, antique shops, theatres, cinemas, restaurants, award winning parks and National Trust properties to visit. The river Avon and Kennet and Avon canal are close by and the sports centre, Bath Rugby and cricket draw many visitors to the City.
There is a Sainsbury's supermarket and Pub/Restaurant within 5 mins' walk, and Moorland Road with its independent shops is just 8 to10 minutes' walk away.
Bath is ideally located for the exploration of the West Country. Among nearby attractions you will find Bristol, Longleat, Cheddar, Wells and Glastonbury to name but a few.
Other Activities: Dancing
About the owner: I moved to Bath in 1957 and I live within 12/15 minutes of Cedar Villas. I am married and have two dogs. I have been in the hospitality business for 51 years and have met so many lovely people, some of whom have re visited my holiday property from USA 18 times and are returning this year for the 19th visit.. So many have become personal friends now and feel more like family. I am fortunate in having a wonderful team of helpers who maintain and run my properties so that every visitor comes into a clean, well decorated and welcoming home from home. Our aim is to make your stay a happy and memorable one. We try to provide everything that you would have at home to make life a bit easier whilst you are away. If you don't see it and need it we shall do our best to get it for you.
Why the Owner Chose Bath, UK:
Cedar Villa is a lovely light and spacious house. It is in an ideal spot for walking into the City, and has garden on 3 sides. It also has a garage. Cedar Villas was built by a builder for himself but after he left and it had several new owners it badly needed TLC. The garden took one month to clear, and it was re wired, new gas C/H replacement roof and double glazing were put in. Total redecoration and new units and carpets made all the difference. it is a friendly house with a lovely friendly atmosphere.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The house is full of light, having a glass roof over the landing and many windows. There are 6 double glazed windows overlooking the garden and the magnolia tree.The location is brilliant. Close to a bus route, close to the shops, nice garden to sit in, and peace and quiet inside despite the many windows.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
1 Cedar Villas from side garden
Reading area of sitting room
Cream bedroom with twin divans
new TV in dining room
bay to sitting room door showing new settee
Sitting room to new TV
TV area of sitting room
White bedroom with twin divans
Cream bedroom with double bed
Dining room to hall
sitting room to road showing extra settee
sitting room to fireplace
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.