Experience the beauty of Homosassa when you stay at this 3-bed, 2-bath vacation rental cabin. Nestled along the shores of Mason Creek, this hidden gem boasts a prime waterfront location, sleeping for 6 and all the essential comforts of home. Spend your stay relaxing in the backyard or fishing off the dock, and your evenings soaking in the hot tub! Your stay isn't complete without seeing the manatees!
*From Oct 15 - April 15 one traveler per booking is eligible for a free swim with the manatees!*
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds
Step inside and you’ll immediately be taken aback by the cathedral ceilings and rustic log walls that mark the open living area. Kick off your shoes and unwind on the plush sofa while you watch your favorite show on the flat-screen Smart TV or start up a game of checkers on the game table.
Pull up a stool to the live edge breakfast bar and watch the chef in your group cook up a delectable meal in the fully equipped kitchen. In the morning you can wake up with complementary coffee, tea or hot cider from the Keurig machine. Recently updated, the kitchen features all new stainless steel appliances and sleek white cabinetry. Light the candles or start a fire in the stone wood-burning fireplace and gather around the wood table set for 8 to enjoy dinner with the whole family.
The backyard is primed for entertaining, featuring an 8-person hot tub with Tiki torches, lounge chairs, gas grill, a fire pit and a dock. Lay out under the sun during the day, and at night, settle into the adirondack chairs set around the fire pit for s’mores. When the fickle Florida weather rolls in, retreat to the screened-in porch, where you’ll find unique rocking chairs and porch dining for your group to spread out.
When night falls, rest your head in one of 3 spacious bedrooms. All 3 rooms are tastefully decorated with eclectic wall art and charming furnishings. The master bedroom boasts a queen-sized bed and private en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower. In the second bedroom, you’ll find another queen bed, while the third bedroom includes 2 twin beds and a flat-screen TV.
Homosassa, known as “Florida’s Nature Coast,” is an outdoor enthusiast's paradise with plenty of opportunities to experience the beauty of nature. Kayaking with wild manatees in the waterways behind the property is a must, along with snorkeling for scallops during scallop season.
For an even closer encounter with the manatees, head to the Homosassa Springs, the only place in the U.S. where it’s legal to swim with these majestic sea creatures. Mingle with these gentle giants while you splash around in the crystal clear waters that maintain 70 degree temperatures year-round!
From Oct 15th- April 15th, one traveler per reservation can have a free swim with the manatees tour. They will need to contact Captain Donny at Airtank Divers. Only one free tour per group, so get ready to draw straws!
Check out the native wildlife when you visit Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, which is also home to Lu, a hippopotamus that has called the park home for the last 57 years. The facility also offers educational programs and an underwater viewing fishbowl.
Let off some steam at the end of your day of fishing for the 'silver king fish' by stopping by local tiki bars, which include The Shed, The Freezer, Seagrass and the Monkey Bar. You can also do a little shopping in town at some of our artisan shops and snag a souvenir to show friends and family when you get home.
Be sure to stop by the Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins, a 5,100-acre sugar plantation that offers a unique look into the area’s rich history.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, flat-screen Smart TV, in-unit laundry machines, screened-in porch, hot tub, wood-burning fireplace, fire pit, outdoor furniture, private boat dock with fresh water and electric and a fish and scallop cleaning station, 2 single kayaks, 1 tandem kayaks, boat ramp 75 feet away and enough parking for two trucks with boat trailers, 4 additional cars, and much more!
- Unparalleled Homosassa location - Waterfront property on Mason Creek. Close to Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park, Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins and Crystal River. Numerous activities nearby including kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, fly fishing, hiking, dining, shopping and more. Bring your golf cart to get around this golf cart friendly community!
- From Oct 15th - April 15th, one traveler per reservation can have a free swim with the manatees tour. They will need to contact Captain Donny at Airtank Divers. Only one free tour per group, the rest will need to purchase their tours
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Tampa International Airport, 4100 George J Bean Pkwy, Tampa, FL 33607, (~72.1 miles away from the property)
- No smoking. There will be a minimum $250 fine if there is any evidence of smoking at the property
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- No guns or fireworks permitted on the property
- The home is not toddler proof
- In your reservation, please disclose the correct number of guests so the homeowner can make the necessary accommodations
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in