Upscale B&B on the Niagara Wine Trail, 30 Mins to Niagara Falls, NY & Canada(14 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Bed And Breakfast
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
B&B at KINSAIL ON THE LAKE, SOUTHERN SHORES OF LAKE ONTARIO, WILSON, WESTERN NY
PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR AN ACCURATE QUOTE FOR YOUR BOOKING
OUR BED AND BREAKFAST ACCOMMODATES UP TO 4 GUESTS IN ONE GROUP
$150 - LOFT BEDROOM - ACCOMMODATES 2 GUESTS - for privacy, the 2nd bedroom remains vacant during your stay - rate for reservations 5/26/17 - 12/29/17,
$ 40 - NIGHTLY, PER GUEST FOR 2ND BEDROOM - ACCOMMODATES 2 ADDITIONAL GUESTS - rate for reservations 5/26/17 - 12/29/17
IF THE BED AND BREAKFAST IS RESERVED FOR 3+ DAYS, THERE IS A NOMINAL CLEANING FEE & REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT.
CHECK IN TIME: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM (flexible)
CHECK OUT TIME: 11:00 AM
PLEASE CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS CONCERNING RATES AND AVAILABLE B&B ROOMS.
Minimum adult age is 25.
Minimum age for children is 16.
Guests do not have kitchen privileges at a Bed and Breakfast.
MINIMUM RESERVATION IS 2 DAYS...MAXIMUM RESERVATION IS 5 DAYS. PLEASE CONTACT DIRECTLY IF YOU WISH TO RESERVE LONGER THAN 5 DAYS.
*The light continental breakfast consists of juices, fresh fruit, yogurts, variety of breads, muffins and coffees and teas. Please let us know if you have allergies to any of the items listed.
This is a Bed and Breakfast and does not include kitchen privileges. The kitchen is open between the hours of 7:30 - 9:00 pm when the continental breakfast is served. If these hours are not convenient for our guests, we are flexible and we'll reschedule based on guest's schedule. Guests do not have kitchen privileges. A propane grill is located at the lake front and is available for our guest's use.
Exceptional, upscale Bed and Breakfast A-frame located on the southern shores of Lake Ontario in the Town of Wilson, Niagara Region of Western New York State, USA. An easy 30 minute drive to scenic Niagara Falls, USA & Canada including Canadian regions and the charming Village of Niagara on the Lake and the Villages of Lewiston & Youngstown, NY. Located in the heart of the Niagara Wine Trail, there are 20 wineries within 10 miles of the Bed and Breakfast which is a perfect location for each winery's wine tasting. Also, located just a short 18 mile drive to Canada's largest wine growing region.
The Bed and Breakfast is situated 186 feet from a 25 foot bluff overlooking the southern shores of Lake Ontario affording fantastic and sweeping views of the northern Canadian shoreline including the City of Toronto skyline. Perfect for vacations and romantic getaways.
To insure complete privacy for our guests, the B&B is only reserved for 1-2 people, family of 4 or a group of 4 friends/couples at one time. Guests will not share this Bed and Breakfast with other guests. The owners reside in the Bed and Breakfast in separate quarters.
The large upstairs Open Loft Bedroom offers an uninterrupted and breathtaking view of Lake Ontario. It includes a large walk in closet, king size bed, and HD TV with cable. There is also available a 2nd upstairs bedroom with a queen size bed. The remodeled bathroom has custom Italian tiled floors, a walk-in Italian tiled shower with full glass doors, custom vanity cabinet with granite countertop and double sinks.
Included in the Bed and Breakfast are two (2) flat screen TVs with cable and Internet. As noted above, one is located in the upstairs Loft Bedroom with the second TV located in the downstairs common lounge area on the bar. You will also enjoy the lake view from the common lounge area on the first floor of the Bed and Breakfast. The common lounge area consists of an open seating area with a fireplace, which is available during the cooler months.
The Bed and Breakfast is set up with free Wi Fi providing coverage to the lake front.
Luxurious sheets, blankets, comforters, pillows, towels, paper products, shampoo & soaps are provided.
Kinsail on the Lake has central air conditioning and gas heat.
During the warmer months, cushioned outdoor furniture with table & umbrella is located on the 2 tiered deck overlooking beautifully manicured grounds and Lake Ontario. A propane gas grill and a fire pit along with seating is conveniently located next to the picnic table on the bank of Lake Ontario.
Gourmet lunches and dinners prepared by the homeowner, who is a retired chef, are available for our guests. Please contact us prior to your arrival date for a menu along with prices.
Previous guests repeatedly tell us that there is nothing similar offered to WNY vacationers in the entire area on the southern section of Lake Ontario.
The property sits on a 25 foot bluff overlooking Lake Ontario. There is not direct access to the lake from the bluff. Beaches and Marinas are located 2.5 miles east and west of the Bed and Breakfast.
Based on the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, we can accommodate up to 4 guests per reservation.
Short Term Rental Agreement including House Rules is available on this site.
Non-paying guests are not allowed on the property.
Events are not allowed. This includes weddings, bridal & baby showers, family reunions, etc.
Sleeping on couches, carry all beds and sleeping bags is not allowed.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay at Kinsail on the Lake more comfortable.
The property is a manageable, if long, day's drive from Chicago, the Eastern Seaboard, Virginia, central North Carolina and most of Eastern Canada. If one is flying, the property is about 40 minutes from the Buffalo-Niagara Falls International Airport with its rental car counters about 100 yards from baggage claim. It's one of the easiest airports in America to get in and out of.
Local Attractions: There is an incredible number of things to do in the area, from cultural and historical to sports and recreation. Here are just a few, all within a half-hour drive:
* Niagara Falls - One of the seven natural wonders of the world, Niagara Falls is just 30 miles away. If you've never seen it, you must. It is incredible and there are plenty of things to do there, foremost among them the "Maid of the Mist" boat ride that takes you to the very mouth of the Falls. Also lots of hiking trails in the gorge.
* Artpark - A wonderful park and arts facility just 3 miles away. All summer long they host concerts by rock and pop artists and daytime arts activities for families. There are hiking trails, fishing docks and picnic sites.
* Old Fort Niagara - More than 300 years old, Old Fort Niagara figured prominently in the colonial wars and the War of 1812. It's a wonderful place to visit, even for adults, and there are several live re-enactments during the summer.
* Casinos - There are two large nearby casinos, both in Niagara Falls; the Seneca Niagara Casino on the U.S. side and the Fallsview Casino across the border. In addition to gambling and restaurants they showcase big-name entertainment on a regular basis.
* Villages of Lewiston and Youngstown - Offers inviting shops and restaurants. We are located approximately 12 miles from Youngstown and an additional 3 miles to Lewiston. Lewiston is the larger of the two and was voted one of the top 10 small towns in America in an on-line poll by USA Today and Rand McNally. Charming and historical, it sports a large supermarket, several good restaurants and has two big festivals in August -- the Art Festival (2nd weekend in August) and the Lewiston Jazz Festival (last weekend in August), along with weekly concerts in the Gazebo on its main steet. Lewiston was the final stop on the Underground Railroad.] for more information. Smaller, Youngstown also has a market and a couple of restaurants, as well as a great farm market and its own weekly outdoor concert.
* Jet Boat Ride - This is one of the top 5 adventure rides in America, shooting through the Niagara River's class 5 rapids. A must-do attraction with departures from both Lewiston and Youngstown.
* Niagara-on-the-Lake - Across the border (and right across the river) is the beautiful town of Niagara on the Lake, the prettiest town in the Province of Ontario. Lots of good restaurants and cute shops, it is also home to the Shaw Festival, a major Canadian theatre festival and the 2nd largest repertory theatre company in North America.
* Southern Ontario Wineries - Surrounding Niagara on the Lake are numerous estate wineries. Southern Ontario has a particular micro-climate making it a prime wine-growing region. Many of the wineries have tours, tastings and great restaurants.
* Buffalo - has many restaurants, festivals and points of interest too numerous to list here...check it out on Google.com
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2013
- Bed And Breakfast
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Pets Not Allowed
- Bed & Breakfast
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Private Chef
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- BED AND BREKFAST RENTAL: We offer a daily Light Continental Breakfast to our Bed and Breakfast guests from 7:30 am until 9:00 am. We will accommodate our guests schedules if these times are not convenient. Optional retired gourmet chef available upon request...menu provided with choice of entrees. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Duty Free Shops
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Free Wifi
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 26 - Dec 29, 2017
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $100
- Cleaning Fee $75
BED & BREAKFAST IS AVAILABLE ALL YEAR:
MINIMUM RESERVATION IS 2 DAYS...MAXIMUM RESERVATION IS 5 DAYS. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY IF YOUR STAY IS LONGER THAN 5 DAYS.
FOR STAYS 3+ DAYS, THERE IS A NOMINAL CLEANING FEE & REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT - PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR FEES
MINIMUM ADULT AGE IS 25
MINIMUM CHILDREN'S AGE IS 16
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Located on the historic Seaway Trail in the Town of Wilson, NY, USA
Niagara Falls, NY, USA,
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada,
Albright-Knox Art Gallery,
Allegany State Park,
Aquarium of Niagara Falls,
Buffalo Botanical Gardens,
Canoe & Kayak Rentals, Wilson, NY,
Cave of the Winds,
Darien Lake Theme Park,
Devil's Hole State Park,
Erie Canal Museum,
Erie Barge Canal...Boat Rides,
Fashion Outlets, Niagara Falls, USA,
Fort Niagara State Park,
Historic Lewiston Shops & Restaurants,
Horse Back Riding,
Jet Boat rides on Niagara River,
Joseph Davis State Park,
Lakeview Village Shoppes, Olcott, NY,
Letchworth State Park,
Lewiston Art Park...Concerts,
Lockport Cave Tours
Maid of the Mist, Niagara Falls, NY,
Niagara Falls State Park,
Niagara Frontier Trail,
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada,
Niagara Wine Tours (12 wineries with 10 miles,)
Olcott Beach Carousel-Vintage Kiddie Park,
Olcott Beach Shops,
Olcott Harbor & Marina,
Olcott Beach Krull Park,
Olcott Beach Ultimate Fishing Town,
Seneca Casino, Niagara Falls, NY,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Whirlpool State Park,
Bootlegger's Wilson Harbor & Marina,
Wilson-Tuscarora State Park
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: Please contact us for information.
Why the Owner Chose Burt, NY, USA:
We book the BED & BREAKFAST to one group at a time to insure total privacy for our guests. You can either occupy one or two bedrooms for your group. When we decided to return back home to the Niagara region, our one main goal was to find the perfect home located on the southern shore of Lake Ontario. Our A-frame home is the answer to those dreams. We are located close to many attractions including the American & Canadian Niagara Falls, festivals, parks and recreation, water sports including boating, wine country, antique shopping, great restaurants and local shops.
The Unique Benefits at this Bed And Breakfast:
Lake Ontario view from the two tiered deck and from the A-frame windows in the living room, upstairs master loft bedroom and lounge with dining area are ever changing and breathtaking. We are available on the property to make your stay enjoyable. If you have special requests, please let us know in advance and we will accommodate your wants and needs. Location to attractions in the immediate area (20 to 60 minutes): Niagara Falls (30 minutes away) --- Brown's berry patch --- Seneca Niagara casino --- the Niagara wine trail and Golden Hill State Park - with it's famous lighthouse. In August each year the Wilson Community Enhancement Charity (WCEC) hosts a free outdoor movie series in Clark's Park in the Village of Wilson (5 minutes away). Movies for 2017 are every Thursday at dusk weather permitting. Future Amenities Erie Barge Canal & Locks ---Frank Lloyd Wright homes --- Lockport caves and canal tours --- Historic Lewiston NY shops and restaurants --- Historic Fort Niagara ---- Darien Lake theme park --- Buffalo Zoo --- Bills and Sabers games --- Naval park and museum --- Buffalo waterfront --- Letchworth State Park for scenic views, hiking & walking, all types of music and ethnic festivals Niagara County is known as the fruit belt, cherry, apple, peach tree farms available for your family to gather fruit. Close by Canadian attractions : Toronto --- marine land theme park --- botanical gardens --- butterfly museum --- casinos --- Niagara on the Lake shops, wineries & restaurants --- african lion safari --- imax movies --- wax museums --- local festivals...parks with trails for hiking and walking, attractions of all kinds
- Primary: +1 7167512177
- Secondary: +1 7162801471
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front View of Kinsail on the Lake from the southern shores of Lake Ontario
View of Lake Ontario from Kinsail on the Lake
Living room setting during the Winter with an uninterrupted view of Lake Ontari
Light Continental Breakfast served daily
Loft Bedroom with view of Lake Ontario
2nd Bedroom with queen size bed
Bathroom custom cabinetry with granite countertop & double sinks & heated floors
Italian Tiled Walk In Shower in B&B bathroom
View of the USA & Canadian Niagara Falls
Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, CANADA short drive from the B&B
Wintertime view of the B&B from the road with Lake Ontario in the background
View from front yard of a Sunset over City of Toronto, Canadian northern shore
View of yard & lake through A-frame windows in the living area
Fireplace area setting during the Winter Season
Loft Bedroom with King Size Bed and walk in closet
View from Open Loft Bedroom looking into the Lounge, deck & Lake Ontario
2nd Upstairs Queen Bedroom
B & B bathroom
Niagara Falls and Maid of the Mist
Niagara River & Rapids
Fireplace setting during the Holidays
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.