About the property
- House2212 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
4 Bedroom, 3 1/2 Bath, Sleeps 10 In Charming Seacrest, Near the Beach & Pool
**Hi there, this is Aimee - Beyond the Sea is my home (and one of my favorite places!) if you have any questions after reading about it (or before!) feel free to reach out - I consider my guests friends and I want you to have a great time! **
Picking a vacation rental is exhausting isn’t it? It wasn't so long ago that I was in your shoes and my head was spinning … after a while all the numbers of bedrooms and glowing adjectives ran together and became a blur.
At Beyond the Sea, we do things a little differently, this included – I hope it helps you out!
So why should you stay at Beyond the Sea? Let me give you a list of the highlights:
* Beyond the Sea sleeps 10, all in beds – 2 kings, 1 queen and 4 twins. No one is sleeping on a couch or a futon or a sleeper sofa in a common space at Beyond the Sea. Four real bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms mean that your whole group is comfortable day and night – and if there are two couples, no one has to fight over one King.
* The kitchen is stocked. I mean that. I like to cook when I’m at Beyond the Sea and I bought tools & gadgets & knives & pots & small appliances that I would want to use. The pots are large – so you can actually cook for a big group. The knives are sharp. And if you want a slow morning over a big breakfast, we have an electric griddle for pancakes and TWO waffle irons. The kitchen won’t let you down (there are even cookbooks!) – but if all you want to do is eat out, the fridge holds leftovers well.
* Beyond the Sea is furnished the way we’d want to find a rental. It doesn’t look like a condo furniture company dropped off a kit, and it doesn’t have the same style as everyone else. Think a little Hawaiian, a little Southeast Asian, a little 'fancy beach hotel' and you’ve got us. We believe in Egyptian cotton sheets, Pottery Barn and Ralph Lauren bedding, solid furniture and interesting art on the walls. We believe in a setting that makes you feel relaxed, and on vacation. We believe in fast internet. We also believe in extras, like games and books to read to your kids, like DVDs and beanbags and whole house speakers, like umbrellas and baby equipment and robes in the master suite. We like extras – and we think you will too! We even like to add extras to our extras - so we've bought 4 Electra Townies for the house in spiffy beach cruiser white, complete with baskets.
* Beyond the Sea is spacious. I know that word gets tossed around willy nilly, but I mean it. We are on a wide lot for Seacrest and the house uses it well. We have So Much Space in the living/sitting/dining room area – it swallows up our family of three. Ours is a house built for a group who wants to spend time together but not on top of each other.
* The outdoor spaces at Beyond the Sea are abundant. The front porch is the entire width of the house, and it is deep. There is a matching balcony above it, with plenty of seating behind the privacy of palm fronds. At the back of the house the screened porch with a dining table is perfect for late summer evening dinners and the private deck off the master bedroom is perfect for escaping to! Not all houses offer you so many comfortable ways to enjoy the outdoors.
* Location, Location, Location. Beyond the Sea is a very short walk to the pool (I timed it at 2 minutes) and a quick tram ride to the beach – but the walk isn’t bad either. My pre-schooler used do it without complaining (now, at 7, she thinks it is short!
For your non-water & sun time, a brief and pleasant stroll takes you to Alys Beach for lunch at George’s or a coffee while your kids play on the amazing playground next to Fonville Press. An even shorter walk will have you in the heart of Rosemary Beach for coffee at Amavida, lots of shopping, the childhood delight of the Sugar Shak and plenty of good food. A margarita from La Cocina, multiple treats and the shops of the Village of South Walton are even closer. Beyond the Sea feels like it is in the heart of the neighborhood (you can't see the edges), but sits in just the right place to make your walk to town a breeze.
If you must leave, the attractions of Panama City Beach are about a 15 minute drive, and if Destin calls, 30 minutes. And when you come home, there are two private parking places waiting for you.
Did that help? I hope so. We love it at Beyond the Sea, and we hope you will too. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us – we like to talk about our beach home. It is a wonderful escape from the real world for us, and we want to share it. Our fondest hope is that, like us...
Happy You’ll Be at Beyond the Sea!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
About Aimee Aver
We are a pair of Californians who moved - by choice - to the Nashville, Tennessee area ten years ago. Our daughter is a Southerner by birth (she's seven) and we really love living on this side of the Mississippi.
Aimee Aver purchased this House in 2013
Why Aimee Aver chose West Panama City Beach
We vacationed in Seacrest with friends five years ago and we were hooked. Growing up in Southern California we had beaches - but nothing like this! We love the clear warm water, the sugar sand ... and the amazing Seacrest pool! The 'step back in time' atmosphere of the neighborhood and the quick walk to the restaurants and shops of Rosemary Beach charmed us, and we knew this was where we wanted to make memories with our daughter, family and friends.
What makes this House unique
Beyond the Sea felt like home to us the first time we walked through the doors. We love the open spaces, the screened porch for leisurely dinners and the big kitchen for cooking them. The front porch and steps are a perfect place to sit and blow bubbles and watch the world go by.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great family vacation!
Enjoyed our second stay at Beyond the Sea. This time we found the nature trail and did more biking with the kids. Loved the house, it had everything we needed.
Oh, I'm glad you found the nature trail, Charlotte loves it. We always make time for a walk when we are here. We were glad to have you back, and I'm tickled that your shoes obviously didn't want to go home. I hope they've made it back to you by now, but they (and you) are welcome to come back to Beyond the Sea any time. Thanks! Aimee
Wonderful as usual!
We love “our” place at Seacrest!
And we love that you guys consider it "yours" :-) It was so good to have you back, and we hope to have you again! ~Aimee
We’ve stayed here twice and it has been excellent both stays!
The property is very well kept with beautiful decorations throughout. My favorite part is how well they keep it stocked with spices, coffee, laundry detergent, trash bags, etc..
The location is excellent as well!
And you've been great guests both times :-) We love to have people return. I'm also so pleased that you found our spice drawer.... I want you to be able to cook and feel at home. I really do try and keep the house as well stocked as I can and I love it when our guests notice that. Please come see us again! ~ Aimee
I vote Best Hostess Best House!
Well, I was sure hoping for a a good ending, because I've heard too many "stayed at the beach, had a place but the kitchen was bare" stories! Ah, but THIS PLACE (Beyond the Sea) was a DREAM in .....(1) having an overly well-stocked kitchen! (2) being roomy and yet homey! My son, a builder, said, "Wow, high ceilings upstairs too?!" Yes, on want-to-be quiet days, I could hang in the master bedroom suite for many hours, with the little attached private balcony, and the soaking tub with jets! (3) having even beach accessories for our use! chairs, umbrellas, sand toys, floats, and even a boogie board or two! I mean, wow! (4) private community tram to get to the beachfront at our beck n call.... special folks! Esp if your chauffer was James, who passes out windmill cookies to the grandchildren. Fun! ( we tipped him our thanks....). (5) and a well stocked GAME cabinet!! and toys! high chair, booster, and play pen??? Is there any other house on VRBO so well furnished?? I gotta brag....I'm just hoping I can still find a place to squeeze in our future reservations when the accomodation calendar starts getting full full full as this good word spreads ....cuz I can't believe what a wonderful home and hostess we found. Thank you Aimee!!!! You can be sure, we hope to stay again, and again.....
Thank you!!! I would love to accept your title of best hostess and house :-) I really do believe that the little things are what make a vacation and I am very serious (as you know) about keeping Beyond the Sea stocked with all the goodies. I'm so glad you enjoyed them, and our home and neighborhood. Come see us again! ~Aimee
A must to consider!
Location, Location, Location. If you are looking for a wonderful home, located in a quiet community, just minutes to the pool and 10-15 minute stroll to the beautiful, pristine beach, look no further than ‘Beyond The Sea’. Everything that is stated on the VRBO website is accurate to a tee. The owners are responsive to your every inquiry and leave no question unanswered. Their pre-arrival instructions are very detailed and should be your traveling companion.
Over the years, we have stayed in a number of rentals between Destin and Panama City, but this was one of the best decisions we have made. We hope to return again next year. Thanks Aimee and Mike.
Mark & Patti
Thank YOU, Mark & Patti, for your kind words - we would love to have you back. I am so glad you found the pre-arrival information helpful, and I am guessing that you also liked the binder at the house ... I am a firm believer in lots of information! I'm so glad you enjoyed our home and our beautiful area, do come back! ~Aimee
Loved our visit. Great time together. Kitchen was completely stocked. Amazing! The only thing that I would add would be the 2 bedrooms that didn't have tvs in them. My family likes to relax at the end of the night with the tv. Fantastic place! We will return !!!
So glad you enjoyed your stay and the kitchen! I do love to cook and I stocked it the way I wanted it! Thanks for the TV feedback - we've actually done surveys of past guests, and many say they wouldn't watch a TV even if we had them, but I will certainly take your feedback into account as well :) We'd love to have you return! ~Aimee
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rentals more than 60 days in advance may lock in their rate and dates for $500 and pay half the remaining balance at 60 and 30 days out respectively. Reservations are not fully confirmed until the rental contract is signed. No smoking, no pets, must be 25+ to rent. If the rates quoted seem wrong, please email for a confirmed rate.