**Hi there, this is Aimee - Beyond the Sea is my home (and one of my favorite places!) if you have any questions after reading about it (or before!) feel free to reach out - I consider my guests friends and I want you to have a great time! **
Picking a vacation rental is exhausting isn’t it? It wasn't so long ago that I was in your shoes and my head was spinning … after a while all the numbers of bedrooms and glowing adjectives ran together and became a blur.
At Beyond the Sea, we do things a little differently, this included – I hope it helps you out!
So why should you stay at Beyond the Sea? Let me give you a list of the highlights:
* Beyond the Sea sleeps 10, all in beds – 2 kings, 1 queen and 4 twins. No one is sleeping on a couch or a futon or a sleeper sofa in a common space at Beyond the Sea. Four real bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms mean that your whole group is comfortable day and night – and if there are two couples, no one has to fight over one King.
* The kitchen is stocked. I mean that. I like to cook when I’m at Beyond the Sea and I bought tools & gadgets & knives & pots & small appliances that I would want to use. The pots are large – so you can actually cook for a big group. The knives are sharp. And if you want a slow morning over a big breakfast, we have an electric griddle for pancakes and TWO waffle irons. The kitchen won’t let you down (there are even cookbooks!) – but if all you want to do is eat out, the fridge holds leftovers well.
* Beyond the Sea is furnished the way we’d want to find a rental. It doesn’t look like a condo furniture company dropped off a kit, and it doesn’t have the same style as everyone else. Think a little Hawaiian, a little Southeast Asian, a little 'fancy beach hotel' and you’ve got us. We believe in Egyptian cotton sheets, Pottery Barn and Ralph Lauren bedding, solid furniture and interesting art on the walls. We believe in a setting that makes you feel relaxed, and on vacation. We believe in fast internet. We also believe in extras, like games and books to read to your kids, like DVDs and beanbags and whole house speakers, like umbrellas and baby equipment and robes in the master suite. We like extras – and we think you will too! We even like to add extras to our extras - so we've bought 4 Electra Townies for the house in spiffy beach cruiser white, complete with baskets.
* Beyond the Sea is spacious. I know that word gets tossed around willy nilly, but I mean it. We are on a wide lot for Seacrest and the house uses it well. We have So Much Space in the living/sitting/dining room area – it swallows up our family of three. Ours is a house built for a group who wants to spend time together but not on top of each other.
* The outdoor spaces at Beyond the Sea are abundant. The front porch is the entire width of the house, and it is deep. There is a matching balcony above it, with plenty of seating behind the privacy of palm fronds. At the back of the house the screened porch with a dining table is perfect for late summer evening dinners and the private deck off the master bedroom is perfect for escaping to! Not all houses offer you so many comfortable ways to enjoy the outdoors.
* Location, Location, Location. Beyond the Sea is a very short walk to the pool (I timed it at 2 minutes) and a quick tram ride to the beach – but the walk isn’t bad either. My pre-schooler used do it without complaining (now, at 7, she thinks it is short!
For your non-water & sun time, a brief and pleasant stroll takes you to Alys Beach for lunch at George’s or a coffee while your kids play on the amazing playground next to Fonville Press. An even shorter walk will have you in the heart of Rosemary Beach for coffee at Amavida, lots of shopping, the childhood delight of the Sugar Shak and plenty of good food. A margarita from La Cocina, multiple treats and the shops of the Village of South Walton are even closer. Beyond the Sea feels like it is in the heart of the neighborhood (you can't see the edges), but sits in just the right place to make your walk to town a breeze.
If you must leave, the attractions of Panama City Beach are about a 15 minute drive, and if Destin calls, 30 minutes. And when you come home, there are two private parking places waiting for you.
Did that help? I hope so. We love it at Beyond the Sea, and we hope you will too. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us – we like to talk about our beach home. It is a wonderful escape from the real world for us, and we want to share it. Our fondest hope is that, like us...
Happy You’ll Be at Beyond the Sea!