Charming 2-story cape-cod style house with matching decors. This home is professionally managed to provide the comforts of your own home, and to higher hospitality standards. Truly a rare find in the small college town in the northern Adirondacks, it is located at the historical Village of Potsdam. Park your cars at the spacious driveway, you can easily walk to the colleges, downtown & the Racquette River. College visitors, scholars, parents and professionals are especially welcome to stay.
• Don't compromise your vacation stays! Choose this two-story 3-bedroom Cape-cod house in the Potsdam Village. You enter the house via a porch and foyer. Hang your coats in the closet and slip in our cozy guest slippers. Enjoy the complimentary chilled guest beverages and our welcome note / package.
• Light-filled DINING ROOM has a large table that sits up to six. It is perfect to plan a family dinner or a small gathering. Well-equipped KITCHEN has everything you needed for a gourmet meal, or simple take-outs.
• Formal LIVING ROOM is to your left, decorated to a nautical scheme. It is furnished with comfortable seating for six guests around a large oriental wool rug and a fire place. You may entertain with large flat screen TV, capable of streaming video, game, TV or movei through our premium wifi network. You may also choose to read a book, play the piano, or a chess.
• Newly renovated SUN ROOM provide additional seating for casual gathering. As its name suggested, the room is drenched with sunlight over its eco-friendly bamboo floor. It will be your favorite room to sip a cup of good tea or a glass of aged wine.
• Three proper and private BEDROOMS are all upstairs. Each guest or couple will have their own private spaces. Nothing is compromised. Each bedroom has a elevated, large, comfortable bed, completed with high thread cotton sheets, four supportive pillows per bed, winter comforter and summer quilt. Bedrooms are furnished with night stands, lamps, alarm clock, guest dresser, mirror, small desk with chair, coat hooks and suit hangers.
• The airy & sunny BATHROOM has a spacious show tub with a good supply of warm water to ensure satisfying showers. To allow you travel light, bathrooms are fully stocked with quality shampoo / conditioner, body wash, hand soap, lotion, even toothpaste and Q-tips. Tissues, first-aid kit, iron & board, hair dryer and hand towels are available. Most importantly, each guest is provided with plush hotel-style bath & wash towels.
• Business Travel? Home office in the common area has a computer desk, seating, 19" HD external display, office supplies, charging station, premium Wifi. Daily cleaning and grocery service are available upon request.
• Tea Tasting: Slow down and taste our selection of ten some different tea that I personally selected from tea growing regions of China and Taiwan. Detail tea information and brewing suggestion are included as a guide.
• KITCHEN has quality Wood-mode cabinetry that allows many guest food storage; Professional Frigedaire 5-burner gas Range and Oven; New Frigedaire stainless steel quiet Dishwasher; InSinkErator Waste Disposal; Large refrigerator and freezer. Chef-quality stainless steel cooking pot & pans, baking dishes and cooking gadgets for you to show off your culinary talents. The kitchen is well stocked with cooking basics (oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and selected seasonings).
• Drinking water, coffee & tea are provided: Fair-trade regional coffee and Twinings English breakfast, Earl Grey & herbal tea are for you to select. Your daily brew starts from our filter drinking water tap sourced from the Adirondacks. Coffee grinder exudes the aroma of freshly roasted beans. Stainless steel water kettle on the stove makes the hot water ready for tea in the Japanese porcelain tea set, or coffee over the Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker. Nothing touches plastic or paper. There are plenty of mugs to share your brew.
• Extra guests? Firm & elevated Queen-size Airbed can be set up in the common area with same quality of cotton sheets and complete bedding. Shoji screens are provided for privacy and good nights' rest.
• Pedestrian friendly neighborhood invites you to take walks around the village: enjoy the vibe of the college town and wildness of the Racquette River. Ives Park and Munter Trail along the Racquette River are guests' favorite fitness trail. It is 3-mile round trip walking / jogging route starting from front door to the Bayside Cemetery.
• Large paved driveway can comfortably park 3-4 medium size cars. Leave your car at the house, and walk to downtown cafes, bars and restaurants. You can enjoy the beautiful river walk by the way.
• Outdoors: Enjoy the year-round outdoor opportunities of the northern Adirondacks & St Lawrence River valley! Racquette River is the 3rd longest river that is entirely in New York State. It originates from the lakes in Adirondacks and runs 146 miles north to the St. Lawrence River. Canoe is the classical way to explore Adirondack rivers and lakes. Along the river there are abundant of opportunities for walking, jogging, picnicking, and wild life viewing. Beaver, Bald Eagle, Blue Heron and various migrating ducks are frequently sighted along the river. Winter ice skating, ski and snow shoeing along the Racquette River are rare and memorable experiences.
RECENT GUEST REVIEWS:
“Ning was a great host, excellent communication with immediate responses. The house is charming, clean, and felt like a home away from home. “ Sean, July 21- 22, 2018
“房子住起来很舒适，尤其是厨房内的用具非常齐全。很适合短期居中。” 鸿乾., Jul 22 - Aug 19, 2018
“Wonderful house located within a half mile walk to a number of restaurants, shops, and activities in downtown Potsdam. The house is clean, was perfect for my family of 5, and I would stay there again. “ Peter, Jun 22 - Jun 24, 2018
“Easy walking access to town, well appointed and clean, very responsive and helpful host. Perfect spot for our family weekend in Potsdam!” Patty, Jun 8 - Jun 10, 2018
“This is a great spot and Ning is a wonderful host! The house is charming and close to town. I'd recommend trying the selection of teas that are provided. There's detailed information about each one and directions on how to prepare. It's not something you see or do everyday. I would certainly stay here again, it worked out great for us.” Karen, May 18 - May 20, 2018
“My family and I attended a graduation at Clarkson University. The house was the perfect spot for us to unwind after the graduation-- close to campus and walking distance to downtown. All of us were comfortable in the spacious home. Highly recommend!” Ashley, May 5 - May 6, 2018
“The location was terrific and the house cozy and comfortable . Ning was super easy to communicate with and very helpful. Wonderful supply of teas!” Margaret, Apr 27 - Apr 29, 2018
“Ning was a great host! She answered any questions we had very quickly. The house is very quaint and clean. The locations is very close to downtown! Would defiantly say again!!” Megan, Apr 13 - Apr 15, 2018
“This house is perfect distance from town and offers a lovely walk through the park! Ning makes you feel so welcome and and the house is perfect! I love Potsdam and loved living there while in college, being in this house was a reminder of the beauty of the town.” Courtney, Apr 20 - Apr 22, 2018
“Wonderful location, walking distance to downtown, fantastic host, very quick to respond. Thank you, Ning for everything. Wonderful!” Lee Ann, Jan 14 - Mar 23, 2018