Immerse yourself in the Alaskan wilderness at this 2-bed, 1.5-bath four season home in Hope. This cabin is ideal for exploring all the quaint and historic town of Hope has to offer. Perfect for Alaskan residents and visitors alike, you’ll have ample opportunities for skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, fishing, hiking, boating. Whether you’re whitewater rafting or exploring Kenjai Fords National Park, this cabin is the optimal retreat for 6 adventurers or a couple looking for a romantic getaway.
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin-over-Twin Bunk Beds | Loft: Queen Bed
Upon arriving at this Alaskan cabin, you’ll be greeted by the fully covered porch, which you’ll soon find to be the perfect spot for relaxing while enjoying the sights and sounds of this beautiful forest getaway. Grab one of the many books about Alaska and learn more about your home-away-from-home!
Inside, the living space has an abundance of windows that provide a "cabin in the woods" feel. The windows let the outdoors in, showing off the spruce, hemlock, and birch trees surrounding the property. This serene space is complete with solid hardwood floors, a plush couch, and flat-screen Smart TV.
Adjacent to the cozy living room is the modern, fully equipped kitchen that makes cooking easy with all of the amenities of home. For mealtime, head to the large, rustic dining room table that easily enables conversation among family and friends.
The upper master bedroom has a custom log, queen-sized bed and boasts earthy French doors that allow more light to pour in, providing an airy and breezy ambiance. The second bedroom has tailor-made, twin-sized bunks that can sleep kids or adults in total comfort. Both bedrooms have room-darkening shades that provide restful slumbers under the midnight sun. Additional sleeping can be found on the comfy queen bed in the loft.
When you're in need of fresh air, make your way to the outdoor fire pit, which will quickly become your favorite gathering place to enjoy the great outdoors during your visit to the ‘Moonshine Cabin.'
If you're looking for gourmet, Alaskan cuisine, head to Titos Discovery Cafe or Bowmans Bear Creek Lodge. Afterwards, stroll around the town to the shops which have unique Alaskan artwork, handicrafts, and other gifts to purchase as a reminder of your special visit.
When you're not strolling around the scenic downtown of Hope, Alaska, head over to Chugach Outdoor Center just 15 minutes down the road from the cabin for all of your paddling needs! Go whitewater rafting down Six Mile Creek, sea kayaking, or adventuring around on jet skis! Most of Alaska is only accessible by boats or planes, so if you truly want to see the Alaskan wilderness, hop on any one of these tours for a bird's eye view!
"Moonshine Cabin" is just a little over an hour from Seward, "the port to adventure." Here, you will find picturesque views of the water, mountains, and forest that surround this town! Along with the outdoor activities, you’ll also love exploring the delicious dining options, shopping, and nightlife!
Kenjai Fords National Park is sure to bewitch you with its majestic Harding Ice Field, featuring numerous glaciers pouring down to create fjords. The park’s #1 tourist attraction is Exit Glacier and is accessible by road!
*Please note that starting in the middle of September there are limited services and some restaurants close for the winter*
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, books about Alaska, free Wifi, flat-screen Smart TV, several board games, laundry room (usable with owner's permission), furnished front porch, outdoor fire pit and much more
- The homeowner is a lifelong Alaskan who knows the area extremely well and he is happy to provide recommendations and help plan activities for your stay
- Be sure to search for 'Moonshine Cabin Hope Alaska' on Facebook!
- Great Hope location - Just minutes from the ocean, a short drive from beautiful state parks, down the road from whitewater rafting adventures, a short walk from the historic downtown, and more!
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Note that wood can be purchased for $7 a bundle
- Also note that laundry machines are only for use with homeowner’s permission
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in