About the property
- Cabin100 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 5 nights
1 bedroom, 1 bath Plus LARGE loft, Across the street from Donner Lake
The cabin is directly across the street from Donner Lake. We have a peek view of the lake. The property backs to the creek providing a beautiful, quiet back yard with deck, picnic table and BBQ. The cabin has a great room layout with one bedroom (queen bed), a huge loft (with two full size beds and a twin bed). Enjoy a mix of sun and shade at either the front or back decks. The entire cabin is equipped with wifi. The living room has a 'smart' TV with internet capability and cable. There is ample parking and the driveway is plowed all winter. The private beach is within walking distance. World class rock climbing at Donner Summit is just a short drive or bike ride away. Rental includes use of 2 stand-up paddle boards and canoe........
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 14, 2018
About Kathleen Tebb
We dreamed of a vacation home in the Tahoe area since we were children. Finally our dream became a reality. We enjoy our year round cabin for access to a variety of mountain and lake activities, as well has relaxing with family and friends in this peaceful setting.
Why Kathleen Tebb chose Nevada County
We love the mountains and serene setting of Donner Lake. We snow ski in the winter and in the summer enjoy our time rock climbing, swimming, paddle boarding, canoeing, waterskiing and sailing. There are amazing trails for mountain and road bike riding throughout the area. The hiking in the area is truly amazing.
What makes this Cabin unique
This is a really great cabin in a fantastic West End Donner Lake location! It is across the street from Donner Lake. T There is something for everyone to enjoy – hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, paddle boarding, waterskiing, kayaking, canoeing, sailing and more!!!! Beach access is easy to three different beaches including a short walk to the Private Beach. We love dogs and well-behaved dogs are welcomed! While most of the beaches do not allow dogs, you can drive or walk up S. Shore Drive to access a beach that allows dogs. We're happy to share our 'secrets' with you.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Amazing, comfortable, perfect cabin!
Where to begin? This is an absolutely incredible cabin in a fantastic location with truly wonderful owners! I liked everything about this place. Here are just a few of the highlights:
• Kathleen (owner) is an angel. Responsive, accommodating, and happy to help in every way. A true delight!
• The entire cabin is immaculately clean and well-cared for.
• The ambience and decor are lovely; it has a great outdoorsy feel.
• The kitchen is perfect. Clean and well-stocked with everything from coffee filters to champagne glasses.
• The downstairs bedroom is great...good size, very comfortable bed, and plenty of privacy.
• The loft is so cool! Plenty of space for my five kids to stretch out, relax, and enjoy.
• The carpet is so clean and soft that my wife wants to find out where the owner purchased it!
• The backyard is spectacular. Wonderful large deck with a BBQ and gas fire pit. We spent every night of our stay out there!
• There is a creek that runs directly behind the property, and it was probably my kids' favorite part of the whole trip! Not much water when we visited (August), but they still loved climbing on the rocks and looking for wildlife.
• Access to the private beach was quite possibly the highlight of the entire stay. The beach is less than half a mile from the cabin (easily walkable, although there was plenty of parking), and it has something for everyone: designated swimming areas, picnic tables, barbecues, play structures for younger kids, ping pong tables, volleyball courts...it was amazing!
• The owner even keeps an assortment of sand toys in the front closet of the cabin, my younger kids had so much fun building sand castles at the beach.
• The owner also provides you with access to two stand-up paddle boards and a huge canoe, both of which are kept at the private beach. All of the equipment you need (paddles/oars, even a couple of life vests) are in the cabin. I got to watch the sun set over the mountains while paddling with my kids in the canoe...an unforgettable moment.
I could go on and list many other things that make this cabin a must-book, but I will just say that this is one of the nicest, warmest, most inviting properties I have ever stayed, and by far the best overall renting experience. We WILL be back!
Perfect Lake Getaway
My husband and I can't wait to book this cabin again next year--the experience definitely left us wishing we had our own Donner Lake cabin!
First of all, we were so excited that this property allowed us to bring our dogs (please keep that option!) The backyard, while not fenced, was bordered by trees and thick bushes that created a private enclosed space which was perfect for relaxing, cooking, playing board games, and allowed our dogs to relax without any distractions (from walkers, bikers, other dogs on the main road). Also, the traffic on South Shore Drive was much slower and more infrequent than the traffic on Donner Pass Road, so the location had a peaceful feel. A short drive to the end of South Shore Drive (where there was minimal side of the road parking) lead to the back entrance of Donner State Park, where we were able to take our dogs swimming at dog-friendly beaches. They loved this!
Just as other reviewers said, the interior of the cabin was great--it was nice not to worry about needing any kitchen gadgets or cleaning supplies. We used the charcoal grill and fire pit nightly. We also made use of the paddle boards the cabin had to borrow. We had a great time at the private beach paddle boarding each day. One thing to note--the private beach charges $5/person each day even with the guest pass. It was well worth the price, though, as it was less crowded than the public beach.
Thanks for sharing your vacation home with us!!!
My husband and I and our 9 yr old daughter cannot wait to stay there again. To start, the owners were great to work with. Quick responses and very kind. The kitchen had just been updated ( it's fully stocked)along with new carpet in the cabin( felt great on your bare feet). The bed downstairs was very comfy and my daughter said all the beds upstairs were good too( there are 4). There's so much room we're definitely inviting more family to come next time. With the flowing creek in the back it makes for an extremely relaxing time (it was definitely one of my favorite things about this cabin). My daughter and actually played in it. Very refreshing. It comes stocked with everything you need for the beach ie... Chairs, umbrella, bikes, paddle boards and a canoe. Your about a 4 min. Walk and a 1 min. Drive to the private beach. Everyone who works at the beach was extremely kind. Such a great experience. You know it's an amazing vacation when after your week is up it has felt like 2 weeks and you really want to stay longer. I could probably say more but I think I've said enough. A+A+A+A+A+
You honestly can not go wrong with this cabin. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Perfect Place with awesome back yard!
Our family of five stayed here for a last minute vacation. The owners were very responsive and easy to work with for the booking. The cabin is very spacious, the upstairs bunk room was perfect for our three kids and also had lots of fun family games for them to play. The cabin location so close to the beach was ideal, as was the use of the Stand Up Paddle board. We really enjoyed BBQing in the private back yard with a beautiful setting. The owners also had beach chairs, life jackets, and a beach umbrella available for use. Would definitely book again!
This is a really great cabin in a fantastic West End Donner Lake location! It is across the street from Donner Lake. The property backs to the creek for a beautiful, quiet back yard with deck, picnic table and BBQ. There is something for everyone to enjoy – hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, paddle boarding, waterskiing, kayaking, canoeing, sailing and more!!!! Beach access is easy to three different beaches including a short walk to the Private Beach. Well-behaved dogs are welcomed!
Additional information about rental rates
Payment due upon booking (inlc. cleaning & damage). Damage Deposit of $200 is fully refundable. $75 for standard cleaning non-refundable. Cancellation fees apply. Payments accepted thru PayPal with add fee 3% Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.