The River House is a secluded cabin on a private 1.7 acre lot with view. It has 3 bedrooms, game room, bunkroom and 2.5 bathrooms, 2300 square foot, central air conditioning and heating, high speed internet, WIFI, well stocked kitchen, ceiling fans, wood burning fireplace, HDTVs with satellite, Netflix/blu-ray/DVD and WII, washer, dryer and iron/ironing board. Beds for 10 and sleeps 13 with queen sofa bed in game room and double futon in bunkroom. The outside has a private, wrap around upstairs deck with high end spa, swing and propane BBQ, downstairs deck, all with spectacular views, tetherball and solar panels for generating electrical.
During the day you will have plenty of birds, squirrels, knarly oaks, pines, manzanitas and you may spot deer, bobcats, bear, coyote, mountain lions and rabbits. The treehouse includes a child’s swing. The usually year around East Fork of the Chowchilla River that run through the property has turtles and frogs, along with places to pan for gold. During the night you can star gaze and watch the Milky Way from the spa.
The cabin is located in Mariposa County, California, and is 30 miles from Yosemite National Park's south entrance, and 42 miles from Yosemite National Park's Arch Rock entrance.
We are pet friendly for house friendly pets. The house and decks are wheelchair accessible.
We offer weekday, weekly, additional nights, children, active military (verification required) and other discounts. Email us for current deals and discounts.
The upstairs has a king bed in the master bedroom, a queen bed in the queen bedroom, and a king bed in the king bedroom. Downstairs there is a basement with two sets of bunk beds (4 twin mattresses) and a double size futon. There is a queen sleeper sofa in the game room on the lower level. Additional air mattresses are available on request.
The upstairs master bathroom has shower, sink and toilet, and the second bathroom has a shower/tub combo, sink and toilet. The bottom floor has a half bath, sink and toilet only.
The kitchen is stocked with dish, glass and flatware sets of 12. There is stoneware set and a plastic ware set (for outside use). There are pots and pans for cooking, along with a rice cooker/steamer, microwave oven, blender, hand mixer, toaster, waffle maker, coffee maker and coffee bean grinder. The refrigerator is equipped with ice and cold-water dispensers.
The dining room seats 10 at the dining table, and has 6 barstools at the kitchen counter. The outside dining seats 12 on the upper deck, and 4 on the bottom deck. The living room has a wood burning fireplace.
We provide clean linens and towels. We stock paper products, soap and shampoo. We also provide several useful items for use during your stay including:
• Central air conditioning and heating
• Fully equipped kitchen, including stove, oven, dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator with ice maker and water dispenser
• Paper products, soap and shampoo
• 40 inch High Def TV in upstairs living room, with Blu-ray/DVD/Netflix player and satellite
• 31 inch High Def TV in downstairs kids game room, with WII, satellite, Blu-ray/DVD and mini-fridge
• High speed WIFI and one hard wired internet cable
• Four gold pans
• Board games, Wii games, DVDs and Books
• Fussball table
• BBQ (propane fueled) and full spare tank
• 64 oz growlers to take fresh beer home to enjoy from our local Yosemite Ale Werks microbrewery
• 220 V RV hookup in garage, driveway big enough for 30 ft RV doing a 7-point turn around
• A 2-quart and a 60-quart ice chest
• A good supply of spa/beach towels
• A new energy efficient washer and dryer in the garage
• An iron and ironing board (if you really want them)
• Two outside dining tables on upper deck
• Picnic table above river
• Outdoor swing on deck (adult relaxing type, not kid type)
• Firewood for during non fire season as determined by CalFire