Plumeria has been fully repaired after Hurricane Irma, and returned to vacation rentals on July 5th, 2018. New amenities include a pool table on the rebuilt view porch, together with a table tennis top, and a front projection system in the great room, with a 100" motorized screen, a recliner, extensive Blu-ray film library, and subwoofer.
Plumeria is located atop Gifft Hill, and features panoramic ocean views of up to twenty islands and cays, as well as spectacular sunsets, among the finest on St. John. Its layout provides the ultimate in Caribbean indoor/outdoor living, with large French doors in every room opening onto the interior courtyard, sundeck, and pool. Outdoor living spaces include the enclosed courtyard, a very comfortable outdoor living room facing the view, a central pool, interior gardens, covered walkways, the main sundeck, the new lower deck with its large built-in spa, the shaded dining gazebo, and a granite outdoor kitchen. Plumeria's hilltop location, with adjacent green space, ensures complete privacy and gentle tropical breezes, as well as a single-level floor plan, with a flat driveway that has room for several cars.
Plumeria's expansive decks offer complete privacy while sunning by the pool, or enjoying a romantic evening in the outdoor living room. Have cocktails and enjoy the stunning sunsets over the Caribbean. As night falls, watch as cruise ships leave for their next port of call, and dine in the outdoor dining gazebo, with the lights of St. Thomas twinkling in the distance. Guests have often commented that dining in the gazebo at Plumeria is the 'table with the best view on St. John'. During the full moon the reflection over the waters of Pillsbury Sound is unmatched. The night sky is full of stars for star gazing, and we provide a high-end telescope and binoculars for guests to use.
The pool is solar heated, ensuring comfortable 80+ degree swimming all year round, and at night, LED pool lights slowly change colors, illuminating the courtyard. The gardens surrounding Plumeria were created for your enjoyment. Orchids abound in the trees, and over 200 different plants and flowers, many with botanical plant labels, attract hummingbirds and bananaquits. Flowering plumeria trees, also called frangipani, add a delightful fragrance to the tropical breezes. In summer, guests can enjoy delicious mangoes, picked fresh from the tree.
You can be dining at one of the many fine restaurants in Cruz Bay less than 10 minutes after leaving your private villa. Plumeria has been furnished for your ultimate comfort, with large upholstered custom furnishings in the great room, and similarly immersive furnishings in the outdoor living room. Indoor fine dining for six is easily accessible from the gourmet kitchen. The kitchen is fully stocked for 'cooking in', with all the gear needed to prepare gourmet meals, including a full set of thirty Penseys' spices. In addition to its large indoor kitchen, Plumeria features a granite outdoor kitchen adjacent to the dining gazebo. The outdoor kitchen features a large built-in gas grill with rotisserie, a teppanyaki cooktop, a mini-fridge, hot and cold water sink, and all of the necessary utensils and tableware. Across the pool from the great room are the bedrooms, with a king bed in the master bedroom, and a queen bed in the guest bedroom. Both lower bedrooms include en-suite baths, with twin vanities and a new tiled shower off the master bedroom. The spacious loft above the great room has both a queen bed and two twin beds, and is accessed by a spiral stairway. All three bedrooms feature whisper-quiet split air conditioning. A smaller day bed in the great room brings Plumeria's total sleeping accommodations up to nine.
Plumeria shares ownership with the adjacent villa on Gifft Hill, Coconuts vrbo 472849, and the two villas can be rented together, accommodating larger groups with up to sixteen guests. Lush tropical landscaping provides complete privacy between the two villas, which each have their own half acre lot. For joint villa rentals, a gate in the fence between their lots is unlocked, allowing guests to walk freely between the grounds.
St John's gorgeous, undeveloped North Shore beaches, among the finest in the Caribbean, are only 15 to 20 minutes away. You can choose a relaxing day at the beach with our beach chairs, coolers, towels, and floats, or browse thru the many interesting shops to be found in nearby Cruz Bay.
You will be so completely relaxed and refreshed by your stay at Plumeria .... you won't want to leave.
We can accept reservations for stays of less than seven nights; see our note at the bottom of this description.
VILLA HIGHLIGHTS AND AMENITIES:
- Private, flat, hilltop location with panoramic ocean views and spectacular sunsets
- Indoor/outdoor living: great room, kitchen, and bedroom buildings centered around a pool, with covered walkways, courtyard gardens, extensive decks, gazebo, porch, and lawns with tropical fruit trees
-Whisper-quiet split air conditioning systems for all three bedrooms.
- The pool is solar heated, ensuring comfortable, 80+ swimming all year round
- LED pool lighting lets guests select among five fixed colors, and seven color programs
- A granite outdoor kitchen, with a built-in gas grill, teppanyaki cooktop, mini-fridge, hot and cold water sink, and all necessary utensils and tableware
- Outdoor living spaces include a shaded gazebo with dining table, and a porch with a very comfortable couch, chair, two chaise lounge chairs, and an outdoor sound system
- All rooms feature flat-screen TV's, premium cable w/ HBO, iPod-ready sound systems, and very high speed (18 Mbps) fiber-optic internet, with strong, villa-wide wifi access
- The deluxe massage table can be set up indoors or on the deck, for a massage with a view
- Villa-wide, UV sterilized and activated charcoal water purification system
- Additional amenities include a high-end telescope and binoculars for daytime use and/or sky gazing, and a complete set of Pensey's spices for cooking
- Plumeria has a large, yet out of sight solar electric power system, providing a green, carbon neutral stay for our guests.
- Cordless phones with free unlimited calling to the US mainland
- Roku 3, Netflix, and Pandora One for free unlimited video and music streaming
NOTES: Plumeria has proven to be a very popular villa, so advance planning may be needed to secure a reservation for your chosen dates.
Plumeria is exceptionally well documented. Feel free to contact us and ask for a copy of 'Welcome to Plumeria', which has lots of detailed information about both Plumeria, and the island of St. John.
We will accept stays of less than seven nights. For these shorter stays, we charge a premium over the pro-rated daily rate of 10% for each day less than seven. For example, a five day stay would be the weekly rate * 5/7 * 1.20, where the 1.20 is the 20% premium for a stay two days less than a week. This is to cover fixed villa turnaround expenses such as housecleaning, laundering, and pool and spa maintenance. This less than seven night premium is waived for gap openings, where the villa is already rented contiguously before and after your stay. VRBO's rental charge calculator is not set up to process stays shorter than one week; contact us if you are interested in a shorter stay.