About the property
- Condo800 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 5 nights
Top Floor 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, accomidates 6 w/ Queen Sleeper sofa
Welcome, you’ve arrived at the Gulf Coast of Alabama. Come discover this beautiful, hidden Gulf Shores beach condo community, located on Alabama’s Fort Morgan Peninsula. This affordable, family-friendly complex is a gated, vacation destination resort offering thousands of feet of private white sugar sand beach frontage, 7 swimming pools, including 1 NEW INDOOR, 6 lighted tennis courts, natural sand dunes, and beautiful landscaping. Activities are available at the Gulf Shores Plantation for every age group, and the Plantation is perfect for family getaways. Remember when planning your destination we are located convenient to both Pensacola and Mobile Airports.
This GULF SHORES VACATION CONDO is privately owned, 2BR/2BA split floor plan beach condominium is totally updated for your comfort and enjoyment. The fully appointed kitchen is equipped with all new major appliances, extensive cookware and dinnerware, along with all the extras you require to making dining-in a pleasure. Our condominium is equipped with WIFI and has cable TVs in the Den (42' LED) and master bedroom (32' LED) and twin bedroom (32" LED). DVD players are also provided in the Den and Master bedrooms. Listen to your favorite music and your MP3 device on a Sony Receiver. Enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico and the Mobile Bay from your private top floor balcony.
The building shares a courtyard with Plantation Palms and the area contains three swimming pools (one indoor), a kiddie pool, large hot tub, putting green and tennis court. Coin-operated laundry facilities, a small honor library, exercise room, and saunas are located on the ground floor.
Sorry, this condo does not allow smoking or pets.
IS GOLF YOUR GAME – Play 18 at the nationally ranked Kiva Dunes Golf Course, which is rated as the 58th Best Public Course in the country by Golf Digest Magazine. Kiva Dunes is located adjacent to the property, within walking distance of our condo.
Keywords: plantation dunes, gulf shores plantation, gulf, shores, gulf shores, golf, kiva dunes, plantation, beach, condo, beach condo, beach view, view, resort, private, private beach, renovated, newly renovated, royal gulf beach and racquet club, royal, gulf, racquet, club, royal gulf beach & racquet club, kiva dunes, kiva, dunes, lulu's, lulus, tacky jacks, tacky jack's, wharf, fort morgan, foley, orange beach, orange, beach, dauphin, bay, dauphin bay, dolphin bay, dolphin, secluded, palm trees, palm, trees
Randy & Teresa Mathews
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Awsome place, not directly on beach front, but still a great view. Only complaint I have was the bed in the master bedroom.
The Plantation Dunes is a beach front complex, and the pictures from our balcony offer the best testimony as to beach front/location.
The Master Bedroom, as the twin bedroom mattresses and box springs were recently replaced.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
This Condo on the 8th floor is a wonderful place to relax and listen to the waves crashing in on the beach. Well maintained property all the way around. called about an issue with balcony door and it was fixed that morning. I will definitely refer to all my friends.
Excellent stay and vacation!!!
The unit was exactly as pictured. Great resort and area to stay at. about 10-15 minutes from the rush of Gulf Shores. Great little onsite food truck at Uncle Leo's. Perfect time to go as it felt like we had the beach all to ourselves. it was so quiet and everyone was so nice. It was exactly what we needed and will definitely stay with you again.
Very roomy for our family of three
This was our fourth visit to the Gulf Shores Planation. We very much enjoyed staying in this condo, although there were ups and downs. Here are the positives:
* For us (husband, wife, and teen daughter), the condo was very roomy.
* 8th floor made for great long range views.
* Everything needed was provided.
* Condo decor (wall paintings, interior decorating, etc.) was very nice.
* Plantation is a great family-friendly resort. We used every pool and hot tub and spent many hours on the white sand beach.
* Meyers Realty was super to work with. Hope to use them again in the future.
* Most nights the building was very quiet except for our final weekend. The condo below was very rowdy for two days.
* Garbage disposal in condo and trash chute in building were very convenient.
Here are some of the not-so-positives most of which have been stated in other reviews by previous guests:
* Neither screen leading to the balcony functioned, so we had to call maintenance right away to repair. Basically a bandaid fix. These screens need complete replacements.
* In room wifi was terribly slow, many times unusable. So often we logged in to other condos wifi as all of them are unsecured.
* Dishwasher was not mounted to the cabinet, so when loading, it came tipping out. Had to call maintenance to come and secure it.
* Shower handle still coming off.
* Bedroom stayed hot.
* Hot tub chemicals caused terrible burning in eyes.
* Carpet was stained and some furniture was pretty worn.
* Building administrators were all but useless. Here are two examples.
1) On day 1, I didn't properly remember my entrance code and after multiple times trying (my last number was off), I walked down the hall to the 8th floor admin office to ask if they could let me in. I was told I would have to call my rental agency who would have to call them with verification of who I was in order for them to let me in. My phone was in my condo! I walked back to the beach to use my wife's phone to call Meyers who immediately gave me the entrance code. No need for what admin demanded.
2) On another occasion, multiple laundry room washers were taking money from guests and not working. Went to administration on 1st and 8th floors and both said they could not help as washers/dryers were contracted out. Called that company, but they refused to refund any of the guests' money. One guest was charged $5 for a $2 wash.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. With a few changes, things would have been perfect.
Property was poorly maintained.
Laundry room was always off line for credit cards, no change machine available. Very low water pressure. The balcony is very small and if it rained anything left out there got soaked. Our visit to the hot tub was unpleasant, chemicals were apparently off because it caused burning of eyes and difficulty breathing. Our sliding door made a terrible screeching noise when opened and screen was never replaced. Shower handle kept falling off in main bathroom. No music allowed at pool. Pools were nice and neatly maintained. Beds were comfortable. Kitchen was well stocked as far as dishes. Just not what we expected. Thanks for the opportunity. It served its purpose as a different location this year but could have been more enjoyable.
Sorry you found our property “poorly maintained”, but let us review your response.
The laundry room is “new, state of the art”, and you could have received "change" from the Security Office, but perhaps the addition of change machines would be good.
Our balcony is accessible through the Master bedroom's and Den's sliding doors and our balcony is anything but small as most quest are impressed with the size, and yes, it is outside and if it rains with any wind, things will and do get wet.
You say, “The sliding door made a terrible screeching noise” and “the bath handle kept falling off”. As you were informed at check in, a simple call to Meyers 24/7 would have had these minor issues corrected within an hour. We certainly cannot fix and correct issues that are unknown to us. These minor items have already been addressed and corrected.
In regards to the pools, music is allowed, JUST NOT LOUD MUSIC that disturbs the other guest.
It is unfortunate you were not pleased, and this is very uncommon as reflected by our other guests reviews. We feel your review is somewhat unfair to us as the majority of your issues were related to the complex, not to our unit. Sorry, we were “not what you expected”.
Randy & Teresa
Very clean location! Location and view of the beach was great! Downside was no hair dryer was available and no dish soap. Luckily I brought my own coffee filters too. Air did not seem to work in guest bedroom. Overall we were very happy!! Thank you!
We are glad you enjoyed your time and was happy with your stay. Air dryers are usually not provided as this is more of a "hotel" amenity rather than a condo, and I do not know why Meyers did not provide any bar soap, but thanks for letting us know. We have never had any issues with the air conditioning, but thanks, we will have this checked out ASAP.
Please come again.
Randy & Teresa
Plantation Dunes is a 9-story high rise offering panoramic views of the beach and gulf. The building shares a courtyard with Plantation Palms and the area contains three swimming pools (one indoor), a kiddie pool, large hot tub, putting green and tennis court. Coin-operated laundry facilities, a small honor library, exercise room, and saunas are located on the ground floor together with Connections, our wireless cafe.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Book 6 nights and receive 7th night FREE. (Please Email this Owner for the best rates including very accommodating discounts)
•Initial Reservation Payment is 30% of base rent. Note: If the grand total is less than $500.00, payment in full is due at time of reservation. •Initial Reservation Payment is payable via MasterCard, VISA, Discover or American Express at reservation time. Payment in full at time of reservation is required if arrival occurs occurs within 30 days. 30 days minimum notice for cancellations.