4-BED, 3 BATH, LARGE KITCHEN, DECK, FIRE PIT, HOT TUB BIG SCREEN AND MORE. close to restaurants or dine on the deck with bb-q, and table with umbrella for relaxing, gas bbq upstairs charcoal weber downstairs. hot tub with fire pit and more seating. Large kitchen with all of the amenities of home. Laundry facilities in house. Another great seating area on the downstairs deck in the shade, because the Banana Belt gets hot, even though you're close to the beach.
- House1300 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
SHORT WALK TO SCENIC ANCHOR BAY BEACH, deeded access with walking trail.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Jul 11, 2018
Why John Webb chose Anchor Bay
RESPITE FROM CITY LIFE, AND THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST, easy access to ocean
What makes this House unique
CLOSE TO AMENITIES, AND WALKING DISTANCE TO OCEAN
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Fantastic house near everything!
We loved our stay in Anchor Bay. The house is so lovely. We were able to drive easily to Ft. Bragg and Mendocino. We saw whales and seals and the tide pools near Sea Ranch were fantastic.
We look forward to staying again. Thank you!
Beautiful place, short walk from the beach!
Mostly well-appointed place, beautiful views, super relaxing. Great kitchen, lots of space, excellent hot tub and fire pit. Awesome deck, you could hear the ocean and sea lions!
We would have liked some better “welcome” communication, I had to send two emails and leave a voicemail before getting a call back with the lockbox code, and since cell service there is spotty, that was nerve-wracking because I got the message after the 3-hour drive to Gualala. Once inside we had to hunt for a messy hand-written “welcome” paper with contact and WiFi info. Just a little more effort of “how to get in” intro/hospitality would have made it less stressful at the beginning, but it all worked out. I would definitely stay again.
Home Away doesn't give the phone number of clients until they book a rental. In this case the renter didn't pay for her booking until it was too late for me. It was
Christmas week and i had another late notice person cancel on me for the whole week. I was in a scramble trying to go back to possible renters who had expressed an interest in renting some of those days, but, I was frustrated when I couldn't get through to them either due to a blockage by Homeaway of the phone number of renters. I hope this will not happen in the future, I have notified Homeaway and they are addressing the problem.
Superb / luxurious / spacious / quiet / redwood-embraced space
From the moment my parents and I realized there were two paella pans in the kitchen, not to mention a juicer and a plethora of useful good condition dishes / pots / great dishwasher, we realized we were in a really great place that totally amazed.
We had several wonderful chill nights and easy warm sunny days. My folks are 60+ and I'm in my early 30's. The house could have easily accommodated 4 more people!
Some tips to appreciate this place:
- there is an easy run if you like hills down to the beach; be sure to take the red lanyard from the kitchen (beach access permit)
- the red lanyard for beach access has been hanging from the kitchen wall (our experience)
- the driveway off of the already steep road is steeper, but manageable for walking or driving. There is room even for two cars up top.
- the beds were sooo comfortable!
- we were able to hook up our laptop to watch netflix from the big screen tv, using the cables provided ;) (not to mention the wifi included)
- we were able to text with ATT phones, once on the wifi with our iPhones, but not make calls.
- there is a house phone that works fine.
- the beach is accessible with the red lanyard (the owners will simply make a visual check of the permit number and name on it and then smile and welcome you to the anchor bay beach campgrounds). To get to the beach simply descend down to highway 1, cross over, and head for the grassy area with a bench on the NW corner of the west side of the road. There is a dirt path down the hill there. It is steep. Alternatively you could drive north on hwy 1 and turn left at the bottom of the hill (1/8th mi, marked sign for beach).
- bring a flashlight / headlamps / blinkers if you plan to be out after 6 pm in the winter months! Or dark, in other words. You will see stars ;) there are no street lights and it's nice that way.
- you CAN hear the soft rumbling surf from the open windows of the house. It's amazing.
- the only road noise we ever heard from highway 1 was downshifting trucks one morning. It worse than a loud bird.
- the shopping area at the base of the hill is well stocked for food!
- there are Mexican and Thai restaurants at the base of the hill (3 min walk)
- uw the wonderful loft space! It's a third bedroom really, also very spacious.
- the kitchen lights are under the south side countertop ;)
SHORT WALK TO THE ANCHOR BAY BEACH, FOR SURF, KAYAK OR DIVING. BEACHCOMBING ETC. WALK TO RESTAURANTS THAI OR MEXICAN, SHORT DRIVE TO TOWN FOR MORE AMENITIES. POINT ARENA IS 12 MILES NORTH, HAS A OLD FASHIONED MOVIE THEATER SHOWING CURRENT HITS. QUAINT FISHING PIER , OUR FAVORITE CHOWDER RESTAURANT, AND INDIAN GAMING CASINO.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
TO SAVE ON THE CLEANUP FEES BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS, FOR KING OR QUEEN BEDS.