Plan a romantic getaway to this 1-bedroom, 1-bath vacation rental cottage in Amherst, Maine. Nestled on 50 acres of beautiful farmland with 1,700 feet of frontage along the Union River, this charming cottage offers ultimate privacy, scenic hiking trails, and a prime location, just minutes from a community forest and the quaint town of Amherst.
Bedroom: Queen Bed
Pure serenity greets you the moment you step foot on the peaceful 50-acre tree farm, nestled off the beaten path. The property overlooks part of the Union River Valley, and the view to the west is a beautiful, wooded ridgeline of mixed forest. Sit back and relax next to the river and enjoy the views while listening to the soothing sound of water tumbling over ‘Captains Rips.’
Relax with your loved one around the fire pit, and watch as the sun sets on the west-facing ridge, giving the farm its name, ‘Sundown Falls.’ Fire up the grill for a cookout under the sparkling stars, and take a seat at the picnic table beside the cottage for an al fresco dining experience.
When the night gets chilly, wander inside the cozy cottage to be welcomed by inviting decor and calming colors. Cuddle up on the couch in the living area and warm up by the propane fireplace.
Make your way to the fully equipped kitchenette to make a tasty dessert, and afterwards, get ready for bed by tossing your clothes in the laundry machines and retreating to the charming bathroom with a walk-in shower. When you’re all cleaned up and ready for bed, rest your head in the queen-sized bed in the colorful bedroom.
This property is truly an outdoor enthusiast’s dream! Walk right out of the cottage’s front door to take scenic trail walks all throughout the property.
When you’re ready to pull yourself away from the privacy and solitude of the property, find even more beautiful wooded hikes in Amherst Mountains Community Forest, just a short drive away. The area also offers canoeing, kayaking, fishing, and miles of ATV/snowmobile trails.
Golfers, be sure to bring your clubs, as this property is just down the road from the 9-hole golf course in Clifton, the next town over.
Find the perfect souvenir in the town of Amherst, home to numerous stores, like the Peruvian Link, a boutique shop that specializes in alpaca fashions imported from South America. If you’re searching for good brews and food, check out Airline Brewing Company, which serves great eats and of course, its own craft beers.
Additionally, this home is just 30 minutes east of Bangor, a city with numerous restaurants, concerts and a casino. The cottage is also just 30 minutes south of Ellsworth, known as ‘The Gateway to Down East Maine,’ where there are many shops, pubs and an abundance of summer activities. Furthermore, Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park are east of Ellsworth, about an hour drive from the cottage.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchenette, free WiFi, propane stove, a canoe with paddles, life jackets, wood-stocked fire pit, gas grill, gas fireplace, washer/dryer, outdoor picnic area, and much more
- Serene Amherst location - Nestled on a 50-acre tree farm with 1,700 feet of frontage on the Union River with picnic areas and hiking trails!
- Minutes from the Amherst Mountains Community Forest, canoeing/kayaking, fishing, miles of ATV/snowmobile trails, and the town of Amherst, and easy access to Bangor, Ellsworth, Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park!
- Airport: Bangor International Airport - 287 Godfrey Blvd, Bangor, ME 04401, (~ 29.0 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly
- Please note that the homeowner lives onsite, in a complete separate unit, and may be present during your stay
- Must be at least 21 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in