Big Blue - Charming 3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath Higgins Lake Lakefront Cottage(17 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bathrooms, Maximum capacity: 8
* PLEASE NOTE* Our summer weeks typically book 1 year to 6 months in advance. At this time, our only available 2017 summer weeks are in June, and the last week in August. We will open our 2018 calendar around Memorial Day.
Our spacious, contemporary, charming blue cottage offers everything necessary for a perfect lakefront vacation. Our property has 50 ft of direct water frontage (NO road between our home and the water). The incredible view, large waterside deck with gas grill, sizable yard, and built in fire pit are just a few of the amenities you'll enjoy! And unlike some rentals, there is no additional cleaning fee for full-week summer (Memorial wknd thru Labor Day wknd) rentals...it is included in the total cost. For "non-summer" rentals, there is a $100 cleaning fee.
Member since: 2013
- 1700 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Contemporary master bedroom (queen) complete with full en suite bathroom, and walk-in closet. Second bedroom on main floor is perfect for children, with bunk beds and an additional twin bed. Third bedroom is upstairs, and is outfitted with a queen bedroom set. Each bedroom has a ceiling fan. In addition to the three bedrooms, there is a large loft area upstairs with a queen sofa sleeper and tv. For your convenience, we also have a pack-n-play portable crib on premise....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Our cottage is situated in a quiet, family-oriented area of nicer cottages/homes on the lake, and is intended for small family gatherings and nice, vacation getaways. It is not to be used for raucous, loud parties. Big Blue will be a place you and your family want to come back to yearly - a place where memories are made! ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
The dining room table has two leaves for expansion, and six matching chairs. There is a highchair and booster seat in the garage should you need them. There is also a card table and 4 chairs....moreless
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
Our rental insurance policy does not include coverage for rental damage from use of the indoor fireplace. We therefore ask that you do not use the fireplace. It is for our family use only. ...moreless
3 separate thermostats keep our home warm. The main thermostat controls heat on the main floor. The control in the master bdrm controls the main floor bdrms. There is also a control upstairs....moreless
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 27 - Sep 2, 2017
7 night min stay
Dec 23 - Dec 30, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Taxes Not included
We provide weekly reservations only. Reservations have a Saturday 3pm check-in time and Saturday 10am check-out time.
Rates are subject to change, and our calendar remains open until dates have been confirmed with the receipt of the non-refundable booking fee.
A $250 non-refundable booking fee (which is applied to the total rental cost) is due along with signed rental agreement to secure your week of choice. The balance is due 45 days prior to the beginning of the rental period.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
About the owner: We have a family-owned cottage on Higgins Lake just around the corner from Big Blue. My husband grew up vacationing at the family-cottage much of his summers, and we are now blessed to have our children experience this as well.
Why the Owner Chose Higgins Lake, MI, USA:
Our property resides in an quiet, family-oriented area of nicer cottages/homes, and is intended for family gatherings and nice, vacation getaways. It is not to be used for raucous, loud parties. Big Blue will be a place you and your family want to come back to yearly - a place where memories are made!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Built in fire pit for nightly s'more roasting
Fully equipped, modern kitchen
Sliding door to deck off master bdrm
Second bedroom on main floor with bunkbeds and extra twin bed
twin bed in kids room on main floor
Sitting area in loft - perfect for morning coffee
full bath upstairs
Sunset from our dock
Master bathroom with full tub/shower
Twin bed has been adapted - railing can be easily removed & secured
Upstairs bedroom - freshly painted, & furnished w/new bedroom set & mattress
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, January 14, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.