|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Lake front home in the heart of Boulder Bay, Big Bear Lake!
With its large stunning 180-degree Lakefront view deck, Spa, BBQ, Fireplace, Billiards table and 11 total beds you will surely not be disappointed.
Tayles Point Lodge consists of 4 Bedrooms and 4.5 Baths with a large upstairs Loft. There are 6 Twin beds, 3 Double Beds, 2 Queen Beds and 1 King Bed.
The Large Master Suite comes complete with a TV, (Private) Fireplace, Jacuzzi Tub, Walk in Shower and his and hers sinks. Across the hall you will find three rooms. One of which is perfect for kids with its two twin beds and 1 Full bathroom. Down the hall you will find two more rooms with a queen bed in one and full bed in the other. The two rooms share an adjoining full bathroom. As you make your way towards the garage you find a stairway that leads to an upstairs loft complete with 3 Double Beds, a bunk bead (twin) and a single twin accompanied by a full bathroom. The twin beds and double beds have a door between them if added privacy is desired.
In the main part of the house you will find the following amenities:
- A private office complete with free wireless Internet connectivity
- Billiards table
- Large Bar
- Fireplace (firewood included)
- Large kitchen and two dining areas
- Game table and board game cabinet
- Entertainment system complete with TV (cable), DVD, CD, MP3 and surround sound (including the outside deck) capabilities
- Laundry room available for use if needed on those longer stays (detergent not provided)
- Kitchen stocked with pots/pans and a limited selection of cooking utensils
Step outside to the back deck and you will find breathtaking views from sunrise to sunset of surrounding Boulder Bay. Lounge chairs and complete outdoor patio furniture, Jacuzzi, BBQ, and outdoor speakers are all available for use year-round. During the cold winter months and the occasional summer night, comfort and warmth can easily be found indoors by the fireplace, watching movies or playing board games.
Whether you’re looking for that large vacation home that can comfortably sleep 14 friends or family members or just looking for a private getaway with room to spread your legs, this place is not to be missed.
Please note the following:
- While the property is lake front, drought conditions are in effect and pictures may not reflect actual conditions. The boat dock is available for use we cannot guarantee that lake conditions at the time of your rental will allow proper access.
- We do not guarantee condiments of any kind will be provided. If you plan to cook it is advised that you bring what you need.
- We do provide a minimum of paper towels, toilet paper, and trash bags. Limited cleaning supplies MAY also be available but not guaranteed
- This is a family owned/operated home, not part of a professionally run management company.
I stayed here with my family for Christmas weekend and we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The house looks much better in person. Nice open space allowed us to always be together in the living room/dining/kitchen/pool table. The owner was quick to respond about an issue we were having (he actually got his heater replaced the next day!). I would recommend this house and also advise you to bring extra toilet paper, towels, shampoo, soap, and trash bags with you. I recommend this house if you're looking for a good place to stay.
1. communications for booking the place spotty and not always responsive from the real estate company. i had to initiate calls and emails to know more about the process, although collecting money was automated and very prompt.
2. arrived at the location with no key in the lock box or any other location. could not get a hold of the agent who rented the property (make sure you get their cell phone number because they dont answer office phones). had to drive into town to an alarm company that had a spare. they would not release the spare because the management did not call in the correct name to pick up the key. over an hour spent driving around town, waiting, to finally get a key to open the door.
3. kitchen is well stocked with pots and pans, utensils and that's it. bring all other items like condiments, etc.
soap, shampoo, toilet paper last a few days which was enough for us but stay longer and will need more
4. three mouse traps were laying in the hallway for the world to see. it was a guys weekend so no kids, but if i had kids this weekend it would have bothered me. we were just waiting to see which guy was going to get the toes snapped in the middle of the night for laughs.
5. house is pretty clean, but not very clean. others' hair was still stuck in the bathtubs, linens, counters. kitchen floor was sticky.
1. house is huge. can fit many people comfortably. plenty of rooms and beds.
2. house is well situated. we were fishing right from the back yard.
3. pool table, games, hot tub.
4. house has a nice layout so people sleeping are not bothered by the ruckus in the playroom area.
5. great potential.
for the price paid on one of the most expensive properties in big bear i was expecting above average service and cleanliness. these two fell to below average, and i was disappointed in this. it felt as if no one really cared how the process went, how clean the house was, what it was stocked with, etc. this could be a great value and experience if someone took charge to give a little more TLC for the property and in the process of renting it out. i may be back, but will look for better options first.
This was an amazing cabin that sits right on the Lake. A large group of us went to Big Bear for the weekend to celebrate the start of our last year in law school. The house was massive and extremely comfortable. There were more than enough towels, blankets, dishes, etc. for everyone. Plus, there was a washer and dryer, which was convenient. When we first arrived we had a couple of questions about how to work things so we called the gentleman that takes care of the house and he stopped by within the next hour. He was extremely personable and helped us with anything we needed.
The house has an open floor plan for the common living spaces which was perfect. The hot tub was amazing and the owners made sure the gas grill had a nearly full tank of propane. There is a dock that connects to the house, but you need to bring your own water gear. There is also a massive fire place, which we were given firewood for.
There are only 3 things that I would recommend as a change or something to be aware of. First, you may need to bring more toilet paper and paper towels depending on the size of your group and how long you are staying. Second, bring any spices that you want to cook with. The kitchen had salt and pepper, but that was all. Third, although there is a large radio system, not all of the speakers work and it was very confusing to use. We tried for several hours and then just gave up and dealt with the 1-2 speakers that worked. Plus, the speakers on the deck did not work; although, if you turned the music up loud enough and opened the doors you could hear it on the deck.
Overall a great time! We are looking forward to going there again. Thanks for everything!
First the Pros: Great home for a large group. There were 12 of us and plenty of room for everyone. Perfect location right on the lake in beautiful Boulder Bay. The deck was very popular from sunrise to sundown. The jacuzzi was great as was the bar and pool table. There was plenty of dishes, silverware, pots, pans, glassware etc.
Now for the Cons: The group who stayed before us were inconsiderate by leaving the trash can full (signs everywhere tell you to take it to the public trash receptacles). They also left a pot with some very foul smelling food in the planter out front. We took the lid off to see what it was and almost passed out from the smell. There was an annoying chirping smoke detector which the handyman fixed. We could never get the stereo system to work. The propane tank for the bar-b-que was empty but again the handyman came to our rescue. I wish the kitchen had come equipped with some basic seasonings (someone had kindly left some salt and pepper packets behind which was much appreciated). I will remember to ask about that in the future. Also, we could not regulate the temperature in the loft. Very hot and stuffy up there.
And finally, this is more of an observation than a complaint but I would be remiss if I didn't mention the beds. Our entire group found the beds to be way too firm. If you don't mind firm beds, this is the place for you. If you are like us and want a little give, I would suggest you bring a mattress topper.
Overall, a very nice place. We had a very enjoyable time.
My Son is in the US Military and is due to deploy mid January. We decided that we should do something special for the Holidays. We looked at several properties but this one really stood out. There were 12 adults and 4 children. Plenty of room for everyone. The kids, both young and old are still talking about how much Family fun we had. The house is beautiful and has everything you need. This was a great trip and we cant wait to come back! Thanks Tricia for everything!!!!
The house is really super for a large group. We were 14.....and all the rooms extra comfortable. There were some issues with lack of heat in parts of the house but the Handyman tried his best to remedy them.....even at 1 a.m.! Also, a number of lamps lacked working light bulbs. But on major points, the house was great and everyone enjoyed the games, billiards, fires, etc. All in all....a 5 star vacation!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$250 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
Rates are subject to change at owner discretion. Premiums rates will be charged on all Major Holiday weekends.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.