About the property
- Bungalow968 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Remodeled 2 Bedroom 1 Bath Home Near the Convention Center and Downtown Tucson
Less than a mile from central downtown Tucson is our vintage two bedroom one bath bungalow. It is a detached single family home of approximately 900 sq ft. The walls of the original home are mud adobe. The floors are wood and concrete. The windows are vintage wooden sash, some with original glass. The recent remodel added concrete floors, a modern kitchen, washer and dryer, and a modern bath. It is centrally heated and air conditioned. Each bedroom has a king size bed. Both front and back yards are fenced. In front is a covered porch. In the back is a covered patio overlooking the garden.
Within a mile you will find libraries, restaurants, theaters, museums and Tucson's Convention Center. Buses stop at the corner and go directly to the Ronstadt Transit Center in central downtown. The new Sunlink Streetcar can be caught by walking three blocks North to Cushing Street, then left down the hill to Granada. Running and biking paths are also nearby, including The Loop, a 130 mile loop of paths looping Tucson: http://webcms.pima.gov/government/the_loop/ .
Golf, casinos, national parks, the University of Arizona, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, hiking and mountain biking are a short drive away.
About an hour by car is Arizona's wine country in Sonoita and Elgin, the Mt Lemmon Ski Valley, Kartchner Caverns or Nogales, Mexico (be sure to bring your passport).
A bit further by car you can visit Tombstone, the Town Too Tough to Die, and Bisbee. Both are old mining towns.
Mary Lynne Benhase
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
About Mary Lynne Benhase
I was raised and live in Southern Arizona and love it's unique weather and landscape.
Mary Lynne Benhase purchased this Bungalow in 2013
Why Mary Lynne Benhase chose Barrio Viejo
For me this property is just right. It's small and central, but spacious enough for a small family. I love that its historical. Food and entertainment are a short walk away.
What makes this Bungalow unique
Close proximity to downtown Tucson is a plus. Please be aware that the Post Office does not deliver mail to this address.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:30 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Well stocked bungalow in a safe, central location
Loved the Barrio Viejo neighbourhood -- so many interesting old homes and so close to downtown breweries, theatres, restaurants. So glad we didn't rent in the hills!
Stayed for a month and loved it -- what else can I say!
Walking distance to everywhere
I have been back for three consecutive years.
The cottage is lovely, in the kitchen there is everything you could need.
The bed is comfortable.
The location is quiet, and is located in the heart of Tucson.
Always a great stay, thank you Mary for the improvements. It makes a difference.
I will be back next year.
Comfy little house
We enjoyed our stay, Im glad we opted out of a hotel and went with this home. It was so much easier with the kids and much more comfortable. We were so close to the convention center which was so convenient. We will be back again!
Amazing stay! We'll definitely be back
Neat cottage, close to everything. Owners quick to respond. Highly reccommend
Cute comfy bungalow
Near downtown but in quiet neighborhood. Stayed here so we could walk to all Folk Festival events as we live in suburban Tucson. The place had everything, even select spices if you are preparing your own meals. Enjoyed the fenced private backyard with its lovely trees and massive mint plants. Great restaurants in the area, El Minuto Cafe for Mexican food, 5 Points Market for breakfast and Cushing Street Bar or Augustin Kitchen for dinner. A bit longer hike to downtown but even more great spots to eat and drink.
On the Gem and Mineral Show routes.
From our Bungalow it's short walk to the convention center, museums, theaters, and restaurants in downtown Tucson.
Check out the neighborhood. Its registered historic, so many of the outside of the buildings have been left much as they were a century ago.
- A walk in the neighborhood behind the house takes you into Barrio El Hoyo (Hole Neighborhood). It's not hard to imagine that it was once the lake in of Elysian Groves / Carrillo Gardens.
- A walk in the neighborhood in front of the house and North is Barrio Viejo/Barrio Libra where many of Tucson's Mexican families once lived. Be sure to check out El Tiradito Wishing Shrine - the only shrine in the US dedicated to a sinner buried in unconsecrated ground. It's said that if your candle stays lite through the night you will get your wish.
- Walk East to Meyer, then South to view unique homes in the historic Santa Rosa neighborhood. Through the park, near the school you will find a branch library.
It's a short drive to:
- San Xavier del Bac mission founded in 1692 by Padre Eusebio Kino on the Tohono O'odam indian reservation
- Mount Lemmon Ski Valley, the southernmost ski slope in the US, offers seasonal skiing.
- Biosphere 2, where you can tour the largest closed Earth system ever created.
- Local golf courses and casinos.
- Hiking and biking locations.
About an hour away is
- Missions and museum at Tumacacori established in 1691 (current mission was built around 1750).
- Nogales Arizona / Mexico (bring passport for Mexico).
- Kartchner Caverns outside of Benson.
- Sonoita / Elgin Wine Tasting.
- Historical Tombstone, the town too tough to die, of shootout at the OK Corral fame.
- The art and history in the old mining town of Bisbee.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates subject to change until reservation is confirmed.