About the property
- House1200 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay5 nights
3 bedroom 1 bath with 2 bedroom guest house/with bath
Gorgeous fenced in garden surrounds this air conditioned A frame house. The cooks kitchen opens up to living area and back deck with outdoor shower and a hot tub.
The guest house has a king sized bed and room for a crib if privacy from the rest of the house is needed.
An easy walk to either Seaview or Ocean Beach ferry terminals and the Seaview Market.
Weekly rentals or longer only please
Bikes are provided for your riding pleaure
Seaview Association dues paid in full.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 3, 2018
Why Michael Greenblatt chose Seaview
It was the perfect placement between Ocean Beach and Seaview Market and ferry. The large deck in back provides privacy and quiet.
What makes this House unique
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Perfect, welcoming home
The property is in an excellent location in Seaview, quieter area, but steps away from the town of Ocean beach. It had everything we needed, looking forward to going back.
Lovely beach house in a fabulous area on Fire Island
A great house for true Fire Island lovers. Very well located on a lovely walk in Seaview, right near the bay for sunset viewing and a short walk to town when you want ice cream or a bit of people watching. But if you opt for quiet, this house, with its private back deck provided us with quiet too. It's a comfortable, casual and low-key house. My family of 3 had plenty of room for ourselves plus our guests with 5 bedrooms. A no-fuss house, we could lounge leisurely and entertain with an open kitchen and ample outdoor space. We had a great time! Our weekends consist of exercise, beach walks, BBQ cooking, good friends, good food, reading and we felt at home to relax and do as we pleased. The owners are lovely and casual. All houses... especially houses that take a beating in beach communities... have quirks and their own personalities. Being long time Fire Island renters, we are familiar with these beach homes and loved this one! It's a comfortable and happy home. We can make it an annual tradition.
Perfect fireisland rental
Hadn't been in fireisland in 30 years last min trip owner was wonderful to work with
Great house for families or just about anyone pet friendly close to both oceanbeach and seaview ferries amazing vegetable garden owner will let you pick ripe vegetables !!
Highly Reccomended this property !
great location and comfortably casual
Our family had a wonderful stay here. The location is close to Ocean Beach and Seaview, the beach is not crowded and just three blocks away, the kitchen is well-equipped and the home is very comfortable. It's a nice, very private beach house with a great deck, an outdoor shower and a detached cottage with its own bathroom. A real plus: the owner has created a beautiful garden of flowers that greet you when you enter. I would not hesitate to return.
Nice Family Vacation, but Would Not Rent Again
Enjoyed a nice family vacation 3 wks June/July 2014 (5 adults, 5 kids, ages 2-86). The house is close to the bay, 5-min walk to "town" of OB or SV shop/ferry, 10-min walk to beach. Four nice-sized BRs + one tiny BR (no ventilation & no AC in small BR).
Sadly: WOULD NOT RENT AGAIN.
Issues could easily be addressed by owner.
(1) In weeks immediately before rental, was difficult to get in touch w/ owner (keys/access/etc).
(2) After owner received full payment, informed us of additional rules - deposit would be withheld if flowers on deck died or if plants in garden were eaten by deer/etc. Of course, we were happy to water/etc, but the “threat” was off-putting.
Please: Policies re deposit/etc should be shared before money is exchanged.
(3) Owner wanted to come tend the garden on a Saturday during our rental (our family vacation!). Spent two days crafting sensitive e-mail refusing.
Please: Owner must figure what he wants; Either family/friends-only, w/ full control over garden/etc, or high-rate rental property; Not both ways.
(4) After arrival, owner told us the hot tub “leaks a little” & to check regularly & fill. Tub lost half its water (or more) every night; We re-filled every morning; Tub couldn’t heat the volume, so was rarely warm enough to use.
Please: Repair or replace tub, or remove as amenity on listing.
(5) One attraction to renting in Seaview is the Seaview Community Park (lg playground, pool, lifeguard bay-swimming, bathrooms, etc); Park Rep told us our owner was behind in dues, so we wouldn’t be able to use park. Had to craft 2nd sensitive e-mail (Ugh! Not what I want to do on vacation!). Owner suggested we use another owner’s name when going to the park. We were not comfortable lying, plus park employees already knew where we rented; Owner then worked something out.
Please: Pay dues or indicate that use of Seaview Community Park is not included.
(6) Cleaners did poor job – many dirty dishes & pots; Cigarette butt on floor.
(7) Only TV is in the tiny BR (approx 8X6 ft). Futon bed-sofa, no chairs. We watch very little TV on vacation, but there are rainy days. Plus this is a high-rate rental property
Please: Get a TV in a common room
[working DVD & VHS w/ great selection of films, though!]
(8) Not a single wooden spoon or stirring utensil in the kitchen; Weird.
(9) Wagon falling apart; splinters along the bottom; Worst wagon I’ve seen on Fire Island.
Please: Get a new wagon!
I realize with the renting season on us again, that I needed to respond to the "complaints" in this review:
The main response is that this house is our home except for 4 weeks of the year. It has some quicks and some things that make it uniquely us. We are beach people who are not afraid to have sand in the house so sometimes there is sand in the wash. If that is a problem, then a stricter house may be better for you. We have little rules other than to enjoy the house and the garden and to keep the gate closed to keep the deer out.
1. I admit that I typically send out instructions to the house the week before the rental begins. Fire Island is a very low key mellow place and in the weeks before this first rental, my days are filled with getting the house ready. I apologize for not getting back sooner, but I did get all the information to the tenant before they arrived at the Ferry dock in Seaview.
2. We have put into the lease a clause concerning the garden. It is my wife's pride and joy and the period they rented (early July) is a critical time for the flowers. We have had too many in the past that have ignored our strong request to ensure the gates are closed to keep the deers away so we tried a punitive measure last year.
3. There will be a clause in the lease that states that owner or representative can have access to the property to check on things like the flowers, the hot tub, etc. If a caretaker is needed than I will have to raise the rent to accomodate that cost. I asked and respected their request, but if I had a chance to inspect the hot tub, I could have had the plumber work on the problem.
4. The cleaners do the best they can and I can only say that I asked if they would want the cleaner to come back and they refused.
5. The TV is in a smaller room. This is a beach house and it is our family house for the summer. I never wanted my kids to hang inside watching TV, so we put it in the guest bedroom in the guest house. If you want to go on vacation and watch TV, I would recommend staying at a different house. I have had renters move the TV themselves into the main house. I did not have a problem with that.
6. Wooden Spoons? If she had told me, I could have dropped some off when I could have checked the hot tub.
7. Wagon - If you look at the wagons at Seaview, I don't think it is the "worse" one.
Lastly - I did not charge for all the sidewalk chalk marks on deck that still have not come out.
The house was exactly what we expected and the owner was very friendly, responsive, and easy to work with. I would highly recommend a stay here.
Guest house with private bath, 5 bedrooms in total. 3 bedrooms - main house. * Dish TV and FIOS wireless Internet * Screened in porch, chefs kitchen, * Park like gardens * Outdoor shower * Bikes and wagon included
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Cleaning is responsibility of renter. Cost for cleaning is $150 Damage deposit is 10 percent of total rental fee