See what sets our condo. apart from so many others: Our view, interior, and the fact that our condo. can sleep 10 comfortably! Also, enjoy so many wonderful amenities located in and around Portofino Island Resort, detailed in description below!
For the Amazing View, there is no peeking around other buildings to view the magnificent 8 mile stretch of protected Gulf Islands National Seashore, enjoyed from the 65' long wrap-around balcony and the floor to ceiling windows inside. The sun rises over the National Seashore, and you can also see part of the Gulf of Mexico from this side of the balcony, as well as from the master bedroom windows. From the middle and other end of the long balcony, you can enjoy views of the Santa Rosa Sound and all the Adventure Cove activities taking place there, as well as the main pools and the gorgeous nightly sunset over the Sound.
About our Condo:
• Open floor plan with many floor to ceiling windows (and full-length drapes when desired). You will feel far from home and away from all the cares of the world in our professionally decorated, upscale West Indies style condo.
• Fully equipped, upgraded kitchen (stained cherry cabinets, built in appliances and granite counters). Everything you need to cook, bake, grill and entertain. (See below for specific appliances). Grill built in on the balcony.
• Master bedroom - comfortable King-size bed, large walk-in closet (with built-in safe that your key card activates), large flat screen TV with DVD player in armoire, private door to balcony.
• Master bathroom - Jacuzzi style tub, separate glassed in shower, water closet/toilet with privacy door, and double vanity with many drawers and cabinet space available.
• Other Bedrooms/Sleeping Accommodations: Guest Bedroom #1 has two queen beds with a closet, full bathroom, flat screen TV and DVD player
• Guest Bedroom #2 has one queen bed, a small walk-in closet, flat screen TV, and a full bathroom
• Living room has a queen-size sofa sleeper bed, 50' flat screen TV, and DVD player
• Other rooms: Laundry room with full-size washer and dryer
• Living Room/Foyer area has half-bath room
• Two designated parking spaces that are near the Tower 2 elevator
What you have to enjoy at Portofino Island Resort and the Surrounding Area:
Portofino Island Resort is an upscale, world-class resort and family vacation destination that offers you choices of relaxation, adventure, and fitness activities within the resort.
• For Relaxation - Relax on a beach chair with umbrella at the beach (Gulf) or the beach along the Sound (often serenaded by live music coming from the main pool). Rent a 'floating island' and enjoy the tranquility of the Gulf water. Enjoy the Portofino Spa for massages, facials, body treatments, manicures/pedicures, and more, many available in privacy along the Sound, in your residence, or in the Spa. Enjoy the Spa's whirlpool hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Relax in the hot tubs located at the main pool (at the Lifestyle Center) or at each tower's swimming pool. Enjoy a Sunset Cruise aboard Portofino's 63-foot catamaran. Often live music at the pool. Enjoy a cocktail at the bar by the pool. Enjoy a movie from the main pool on selected evenings.
• For Adventure - Rent kayaks, paddleboards, surfboards, boogie boards, sailboats, jet skis and even bicycles (all sizes and including pull-behind trailers for small children). Splash and bounce at the Adventure Cove Water Park (water trampolines, huge water slides, and more). Surf or boogie board in the Gulf of Mexico. In the Sound, rent jet-ski wave-runners, Hobie Cat sailboats (14' or 16'), stand-up paddleboards, and kayaks. Bring your poles and fishing gear and fish along the Santa Rosa Sound. Also, sign up for a charter fishing trip through Portofino's Adventure Depot. Rent scooters and go explore! Take a Dolphin Cruise on Portofino's 63' catamaran. Teens, enjoy a Teen Cruise on the catamaran on selected evenings (reserve in advance for cruises).
• For Fitness - Enjoy the state-of-art fitness center with Cybex and True equipment. In addition, Pilates, yoga, and spin classes, which look out from the second floor fitness center over the two infinity edge main pools and Santa Rosa Sound. Also, play on the five lighted, hydro-clay tennis courts, set along the backdrop of the Santa Rosa Sound and Gulf of Mexico. Led by USPTA-pro tennis director Arthur Anastopoula, participate in group and private lessons, clinics, socials, match play as well as team get-away packages. Jog, walk or bike along the paved path along the Gulf Islands National Seashore that go for many miles past Portofino. Enjoy golfing at one of the beautiful, local golf courses.
For the Kids:
• Swimming pools at the Lifestyle Center and each tower
• Boogie boards and surfboards at the Gulf of Mexico beach; kayaks and stand-up paddleboards at the Gulf and sound beaches
• Adventure Cove Water Park until October!
• See all the other fun activities listed above!!
• During the long summer season at Portofino, check out the Kids' Camp days, activities, craft-times, scavenger hunts, Kids' Nights Out from 5:30 - 9 PM on selected evenings, dive-in movies on selected evenings, fireworks show each Tuesday evening at 9 PM over the Sound!! So much fun to have!!!
Last, but not least, the Food and Drinks:
When looking for an option outside of eating in our condo, look no further than the food offered at the restaurants onsite (at the Spa and Lifestyle Center) or take the Portofino catamaran to the local Boardwalk to enjoy lunch or dinner at one of the fabulous restaurants there!
• At the Lifestyle center, visit the casual, yet elegant, sit-down restaurant and lounge of Terracotta. Excellent food and wines!
• Eat out by the pool at Terrazzo, a casual dining and bar open 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• Enjoy mouth-watering stone oven pizza made out by the pool. Order at Terrazzo and enjoy at the tables there or by the pool, or call the extension from the condo to have it delivered to you!
• Many servers are available around the main pools and along the beaches to bring you food and drinks from the Terrazzo menu
• Starbucks coffee and coffee drinks, and fresh smoothie bar, on the second floor of the Lifestyle Center next to the Fitness Center