Plan your next getaway to ‘Whitetail Cottage,’ a secluded 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom vacation rental cabin in Derby, Indiana. With the capacity to comfortably accommodate up to 4 guests, this cabin is the perfect home-away-from-home offering a spacious deck, outdoor grill, and access to a private pond. Be sure to check out area attractions including Falls of the Ohio State Park, Atlantis Water Park, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Marengo Cave US National Landmark and more during your visit!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Full Bed
This secluded property offers peace and tranquility for the perfect setting to sip your morning coffee from the spacious deck overlooking the private pond. Watch the sunrise with the soothing sounds of nature and wildlife surrounding you.
Quietly return back inside to the warmth of the cabin, heated by the wood-burning stove, and begin preparing a hearty breakfast for your sleeping companions in the well-equipped kitchen.
After the group has woken up and had their fill, claim a spot on the comfy furniture in the living room and curl up with a good book, or head outside to walk the grounds or paddle boat on the pond.
Sip a refreshing beverage from the Adirondack chairs while the grill master fires up the gas grill for a cookout! Savor your meal at the 4-person outdoor table for an al fresco dining experience, or retreat back inside to eat at the 4-person kitchen table.
As the day comes to an end, and eyelids begin to droop, call it a night and crawl under the cozy covers of the queen bed in the master bedroom or in the full bed of the second bedroom.
With the mighty Ohio River nearby, as well as your own private pond to paddle boat on, you’ll easily be able to stay entertained, but be sure to venture out further to discover all the other attractions Southern Indiana has to offer!
Discover 390-million-year-old fossil beds, the largest naturally exposed Devonian fossil beds in the world, when you visit the Falls of the Ohio State park. Other activities you may enjoy in the park include hiking, bird watching or picnicking.
For some exciting entertainment, spend the day at Atlantis Water Park or Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari where world-class rides, wave pools, water slides and more await!
Explore the Marengo Cave US National Landmark consisting of 5 miles of drier upper level passages and 2 parallel underground rivers. In 1984, the caves were designated as a National Natural Landmark being the most highly decorated cavern in the Interior Lowlands of the U.S.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, furnished deck with pond views, gas grill, wood-burning stove, flat-screen TV with DVD player, air conditioning, central heating, ample parking, and much more!
- Fantastic Derby location overlooking the Ohio River! Easy access to skiing at Paoli Peaks, Holiday World Theme Park, French Lick casinos, and much more!
- Airport: Louisville International Airport - 600 Terminal Dr, Louisville, KY 40209, (~ 78 miles away)
- No smoking
- Dog friendly with $25 per pet, per night fee
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in