Escape from your everyday stress to the 'Low Water Cabin,' a remote 2-bedroom, 2-bath vacation rental house in Southeast Missouri. Located near the Ozark Trail, this quaint house in Ironton offers up to 6 guests all of the home essentials, an electric fireplace, a spacious front porch, and an expansive back deck overlooking Stouts Creek! Try your hand at horseback riding, watch for local Great Blue and Green Heron, and venture to Missouri's highest point at Taum Sauk Mountain!
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: Queen Sleeper Sofa
Nestled on a 250-acre working cattle farm, this cozy country home is the perfect place to get away and experience the outdoors! Enjoy sunset dinners on the expansive wooden deck and gaze out at the peaceful Stouts Creek running alongside the property.
Start your morning off with a horseback ride around the farm grounds or cast a fishing line in the creek. With frequent local bird sightings including seasonal Bald Eagles, a visit to the 'Low Country Cabin' is all about immersing yourself in the natural beauty surrounding the home! Afterward, enjoy a hot cup of coffee on the comfortable 3-person couch in the living room and discuss plans with your travel companions.
Prepare your meals in the fully equipped kitchen complete with all of the cooking essentials including a range, garbage disposal, dishwasher, pots and pans, dishes, and silverware. The interior of the cabin features an open-concept layout where no one is left out of the conversation.
When you're not cooking in the kitchen, prepare a feast on the charcoal grill on the deck and dine al fresco! If you're lucky, you may even see a mother doe and her two fawns pass the house!
Finish the night by watching a movie on the flat-screen satellite TV in the entertainment center while the electric fireplace heats up the living room! When it's time for bed, retreat to one of the 2 comfortably furnished bedrooms to drift to rest up for the next day's activities.
This house is located on the Arcadia Valley Cattle Farm and has access to a multitude of rugged and fun amenities. Walk to the historic Ozark trail, fish in Stouts Creek, or take a 17-minute drive to the highest point in Missouri, the top of Taum Sauk Mountain.
The Mark Twain National Forest is 23 minutes from the house and offers plenty of natural sights for you to enjoy! Another exploration option is the Millstream Gardens Conservation area located 13 minutes away. Enjoy a scenic walk next to the St. Francis River until you find the perfect place for a picnic!
Spend the afternoon exploring Ironton, just 2.5 miles away from the house. Find a souvenir in the local shops along the main street or explore the historic Iron County Courthouse.
Golfers love practicing their game on the 9-hole course at the Arcadia Valley Golf Club or driving 33 minutes to the Crown Pointe Golf Club in Farmington!
Any wine enthusiasts should follow the local Route du Vin and taste the local varietals in the area. Chaumette Vineyards & Winery is just under 40 miles away and offers the ultimate French experience with delicious food and top-notch wines. Some other local options include Cave Winery, Charleville Vineyards, Crown Valley Winery, and Vance Vineyards.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, furnished back deck, front porch, electric fireplace, 1 flat-screen satellite TV with a DVD player, in-unit laundry machines, free WiFi, 2-car driveway parking, and much more
- Enjoy access to rustic community amenities including horse stables, Stouts Creek fishing, access to the Ozark Trail and much more.
- Fantastic Ironton location - 2.5 miles from Main Street, 17 minutes from Taum Sauk Mountain, 23 minutes from the Mark Twain National Forest, just under 40 miles from the Chaumette Vineyards, and close to a variety of local restaurants, state parks, and vineyards!
- Closest Commercial Airport: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport - 10701 Lambert International Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63145, ( ~105 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $15 per night fee (1 pet maximum)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Note that 4 guests can sleep comfortably in the bedrooms and 2 guests can sleep comfortably on the queen-sized sleeper sofa, bringing the maximum occupancy to a total of 6
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in