|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
JANUARY NOTES: Again we're reminded of how wonderful and variable the riverside view is. Each day the resident Blue Heron stands patiently at the edge of an ice floe. With patience of your own, you'll spot his successful feed. In between is Caras Park, featuring Bald Eagles on a convenient perch. Perhaps best of all is the drama of changing ice and water channels as temperatures dip below freezing. Nature lovers: it's a great time to book and you'll stay toasty from your perch in 501.
Part art gallery; part modern big city-loft; part trip back to the Deco era of Edna Wilma’s reign in her namesake, the historic Wilma Theatre.
Old walls came down in our recent remodel of this river view condo at the Wilma. What has emerged in their place is open space, Deco angles and plenty of artful detail: yacht-like mahogany cabinetry, venetian plaster, restored original terrazzo floors, Deco crown-moulding and authentic ceiling papers, Red-Dragon granite, 1930’s light fixtures and more. Historic restoration is juxtaposed with modern convenience: WIFI, satellite radio, surround sound and HDTV, air conditioning.
THE LIVINGROOM invites connection and conversation with its comfortable leather furniture, electric fireplace, and full-length window seat above the park and river. Designer lightening offers many options for creating a mood or for highlighting art. The well-appointed kitchen sits at center, reminiscent of a theatre entrance and marquee. As Alice Waters suggests: “Good food begins with good ingredients” and as our guest, you’re steps from Missoula’s Farmer’s Market and fresh, local produce.
THE BEDROOM: Serene, plush, elegant. The comfortable bed is dressed with fine linens. Your bedside view includes: Deco papers, theatre curtains, original 1930’s art and floor-to-ceiling display shelves of artifacts. Infinite space is created by a mirrored vanity room to the side, featuring a floating reverse-painted glass counter, and a surprising double view of Mount Sentinel.
THE BATHROOM: Is restored to offer modern convenience and comfort. The highlight is the walk in shower with two heads, one overhead and one on the wall.
THE ART: Rare and original art is provided by Eccentric Books and Images for your pleasure. Descriptions of the pieces and their historical significance are provided. Some pieces are available for sale upon request.
THE SETTING: The historic Wilma theatre building sits at the center of Missoula’s downtown. Our town is well known for its diverse cultural and outdoor experiences, as well as its natural beauty. Much of this is within walking distance from the condo. And view is best summarized by a recent guest: “More extravagant than I expected!”
**Please check out our other two listings: #341660 an 8th floor river view condo in the Wilma and #184692 a three bedroom home on the great trout fishery Rock Creek; (about 90 miles from Missoula).
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Wilma. It was well maintained and stocked. No doubt, we'll reserve it again.
This is a centrally located and beautifully appointed apartment. But what makes it really special are the owners. We didn't meet Petra but George was clearly interested in making our stay in Missoula memorable and it was. Can't thank him enough!
My wife and I visited Missoula in early August and the apartment was perfect for the two of us. We loved the central location and walked almost everywhere. Loved having Scotty's Table downstairs. The owners were super helpful with suggestions for restaurants and other things during our stay. Excellent experience!
First, the pros:
* Location is central in downtown to the waterfront, restaurants, hotels, shopping, etc.
* Parking space provided is closeby and very convenient
* The building is an historic landmark that has visible signs of re-investment and upkeep everywhere you look
* The unit itself is bright, spacious, nicely decorated and clean
* The corner location offers superb north and west views of the surrounding city and mountains
* Toiletry items, dishware, wifi, Satellite TV, coffee & tea, etc.
* The bedroom closet is tiny --- hanging anything longer than a sport coat will drag on top of the drawers
* The hangers provided are sleek stainless steel ---- our clothes kept falling off of them
* There is no door to the bedroom --- it has been removed from the hinges --- seriously impedes privacy, sound, and light blocking during sleep
* The window blinds are translucent, not opaque --- when that bright early morning mountain sun rises, so do you
* Could not figure out how to hook up an iPod to the stereo system --- I travel with my own cords but couldn't find a port
* There is a keypad on the unit door, a key code for the elevator, AND AN ACTUL LOCKSET KEY FOR TO ENTER THE BUILDING ITSELF. My wife and I accidentally left our key inside the unit one evening, and upon our return that night were locked outside the building for ~2 hours. The number provided by the owners went un-answered and just as we gave up hope and started to prepare to sleep in our car, thankfully a resident from another unit walked past and let us in around 2am
THIS IS A MAJOR FLAW THAT ALMOST RUINED OUR STAY --- the building entrance doors need keypads as well!!!
We never heard back from the owners regarding our multiple messages ( we were getting pretty distressed when we were leaving them ) and I wonder if the number provided was even valid --- it just kept going straight to a voice mail box....
My husband, son and I stayed two nights in this beautiful Wilma condo. The views are fantastic and the location is truly in the heart of Missoula - walking distance to restaurants, live music, movies, shops, the University District, and the Clark Fork River. We were there in January and had everything we needed to cook and enjoy watching the snow fall. The owner dropped by to help make up the couch for our son to sleep on, drop off extra towels and later to inform us of a live concert in town. He is so helpful and available. The condo itself is elegant. The owners have spared no expense and attended to every detail of lighting, furnishings, art, and décor. I do not recommend young children given there are antiques. This condo is best suited for a couple who loves to be pampered and surrounded by beauty - you'll find it here!
We just had a most fabulous winter vacation stationed at the historic and artful Wilma building in downtown Missoula. This particular unit is absolutely wonderful and the owners are very responsive to all your needs. Anything we asked for in terms of little things that came up for us got immediately resolved. The art and original building materials as well as the keeping of the unit both in-line with the period but with all the modern convenience made is giddy in our home away from home for 10 days. We are at Scotty's Table and enjoyed the fare and also used the spa - which is within the building. Stephanie at the spa is fabulous and very knowledgable on skin and nails. We enjoyed all the best neighborhood food at Plonk, Liquid Planet, The Good Food Store, and Iza. The views are stunning and we WILL be back!!
skate park; municipal pool, baseball and football stadiums; many downtown venues for music concerts
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
Please call for quotes on longer stays.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.