- english, greek
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This property doesn't have any reviews yet.
Average rating for Pigi Plessa's other properties:5/5
The Giardino Resort complex is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the island, the village of Kipseli or Beloussi as it is called by the locals, built on the eastern part of the island, between the touristic resorts of Alykes and Tsilivi. Kipseli village stands out for its picturesqueness and the fact that is has retained the natural beauty of the landscape, till the beautiful, small bays. The beach of Drosia only 150 meters away from the complx is one of the most famous on the island with crystal sea water and soft sand. Other nearby scenic beaches are the Vardiola a private beach, Amboula and Gaidaros (or Bouka). Covered in small pebbles or sand and with clear, shallow sea water are ideal for endless hours of relaxation and water games. Tsilivi an awarded with a blue flag coast in the distance of 3 km is a long sandy beach with shallow water, perfect for children and adults. Water sports are available there, while there are plenty of beach bars with organized entertainment and access to the sandy beach. All you have to do is choose what you like.
The area of Drosia and the traditional villages, Tragaki and Kipseli, are known for their abundant clear water and natural beauty. Built on the top of two hills, they stand out for their picturesqueness and the two magnificent churches. Among the olive groves, there are orchards with orange and lemon trees which are watered by the plenty spring waters of the region and fields of an exclusive Zakynthian variety of mildly flavored onions, called "wateronions" or "belusiotika". In addition, the area has to demonstrate the famous built in the 16th century Enetician "Vardiola" ( small square-shaped fortress-observatories,from where the inhabitants used to watch the sea for enemy ships) that looks out at the sea next to the picturesque chapel of Agios Charalambos and the small open-air theater. At the village Tragaki with the orange ornaments, the historical monastery of "Panagia dermatoussa" is located in an area full of pine trees and harmonious nature sounds.
Very close to the Giardino Resort, two traditional Zakynthian taverns serve delicious dishes at noon and in the evening. The family tavern "Roulis" is located just 150 meters away from the accommodation, right on the beach, while, the tavern "Vardiola", is only 500 meters away, on a private beach with the same name. Feeling the light breeze of the sea while enjoying a glass of wine, you will taste in both taverns superb flavors, fresh fish and all the goods of the Zakynthian land and sea cooked in the traditional way. At the Amboula beach the tavern "Ladofanaro" is another excellent proposal of delicious local food in a hospitable, summer atmosphere.
In the popular area of Tsilivi (3 km) thay lays along the beach in the direction of the Zakynthos town, there is a wider dining choice as the restaurants and the taverns serve a variety of Greek and international cuisine dishes. As the sun sets, a beautiful, lively atmosphere of nightlife and walk takes place. Still, in Tsilivi there are a lot of shops for gifts, clothes, jewelery and all kinds of accessories.
The food supplies and the general daily shopping can be served by the supermarket and the bakery located on the main street, about 700 meters from the Porto Giardino.
We, as locals recommend:
* Enjoy the summer, bright sun at the beach of Drosia, and cool off in the blue, clear sea water of the Ionian.
* Taste the delicious Zakynthian dishes, especially the fresh fish and sea food, cooked with pure,local ingredients in the taverns of your neighborhood, Roulis and Vardiola.
* Visit the large beach of tsilivi with the soft sand and the shallow, crystal seawater that will be adored by children and adults, having a go on all kinds of water sports like jet skiing or sea paragliding.
* Drink a soft drink or a cool juice and have a bite of a delicious snack in one of the plenty beach bars beneath the sounds of summer happy music making cool dives in the sea.
* Spend a day of play and relax in the Splash Fun Tsilivi Water Park. Our young friends will be especially thrilled with the wonderful water slides there.
* Try out your golf skills and have fun in the especially designed area of the Fantasy Mini Golf in Tsilivi.
* Have fun at night time at one of the wonderful Coctail or music bars in the area of Tsilivi , listen to music and dance while enjoying the Greek summer.
* Try Horse riding in the horse riding school located in Tsilivi or enjoy a special ride in the area, following beautiful paths accompanied by an instructor.
* Visit the "Milano Navy Museum" in Tsilivi, where you can see historical exhibits and learn the great history of the Greek navy throughout the centuries.