Sculptor's Retreat Villa @ Dorado Beach Resort, a Ritz Carlton Reserve
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Owned by renowned local sculptor Luis Torruella, this beautiful 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom villa has a spectacular location second to none next to the famous West Course of Dorado Beach Resort in Dorado, Puerto Rico. Enjoy the privacy of its huge covered terrace with unobstructed views of the West Course fairways. In 2013, it was fully remodeled with the artist’s personal touches.
The villa’s casual elegant décor and its natural surroundings will set the mood for the perfect vacation. Whether you want to relax in the 800 square foot covered terrace feeling the smooth trade winds while listening to the birds or take advantage of the numerous activities this resort home has to offer you will not find a better vacation spot. Great for families with kids!
And remember, Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, with no passport, no customs and no currency exchange required. You enjoy the convenience of the U.S. and the luxury of a legendary Caribbean Resort.
Reserve today and start living your Caribbean dream!
Dorado Beach Resort Club includes:
• The Watermill River Park
• 3 golf courses at Plantation (50% reduced rate of $70 for the Pineapple and Sugarcane Courses and $125 for the East Course)
• El Encanto Beach Club, which has beautiful beach and pool and shower facilities, a restaurant and the center beach, Barlovento Water Sports facilities and restaurant, the Fitness and Wellness Center, as well as a Tennis Center.
• Barlovento Watersport Club (kite boarding, paddle boarding, hobbie cat and kayak)
Also includes Dorado Beach Ritz Carlton Reserve Facilities available to members:
• Su Casa Restaurant by Jose Andres
• Positivo Sand Bar
• Hotel Shops
• Botanical Spa
The Dorado Beach membership will provide you with an ID cards and charging privileges.
A membership is not required for the following:
• East and West beach (accessible by golf cart, bike or by walking in the property)
• tennis courts
• Main pool (community pool)
• Zafra Restaurant at Plantation golf Club
• Golf is also available at nonmember rates of $145 for Sugarcane and Pineapple Courses, and $250 at the PGA East Course.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- All bathrooms have shower towers with numerous jets.
- You have the option of purchasing a one-week temporary membership for a group of four (fee of $75 each per week to add up to six more) for $525 plus 7% tax for the resort club, which includes: • The Watermill River Park • 3 golf courses at Plantation (50% reduced rate of $70 for the Pineapple and Sugarcane Courses and $125 for the East Course) • El Encanto Beach Club, which has beautiful beach and pool and shower facilities, a restaurant and the center beach, Barlovento Water Sports facilities and restaurant, the Fitness and Wellness Center, as well as a Tennis Center. • Barlovento Watersport Club (kite boarding, paddle boarding, hobbie cat and kayak) Also includes Dorado Beach Ritz Carlton Reserve Facilities available to members: • Su Casa Restaurant by Jose Andres • Positivo Sand Bar • Hotel Shops • Botanical Spa ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Golf Course Front:
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 21 - Dec 15, 2016
3 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 8, 2017
7 night min stay
High Season 2017
Jan 9 - Apr 20, 2017
3 night min stay
Summer season 2017
Apr 21 - Aug 31, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee $200
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 7%
There are no hidden charges for this listing nor "processing fees". Use of the golf cart is included.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Three Robert Trent Jones Sr. Championship Golf Courses
The Ritz Carlton Reserve Spa
Access Encanto Beach Club, Spa Botánico and Mi Casa, by José Andrés Restaurant at the new Dorado Beach, a Ritz Carlton Reserve.
Spectacular dining at Zafra and La Hacienda Bar and Terrace located at the Clubhouse.
Exclusive Watermill Aquatic Adventure Park
Barlovento bar and grill at East Beach
Wind & Waves Center offering sailing, paddle boards and kite surfing lessons and other watersports.
Access state-of-the art Fitness & Wellness Center
Local Villas private swimming pool & tennis court
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Luis Torruella collaborates with architects, developers, and art institutions for the development of art. His work is displayed in several museums, inside and outside of Puerto Rico. He has shown his work in the United States, Europe, and the Orient At the moment, he offers conferences in the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico, participates in international art fairs, and continues evolving his style and technique to set an innovative pace in the international sculpture scene. Work can be viewed at website.
Why the Owner Chose Dorado Beach Resort & Club, Dorado, Dorado, Puerto Rico:
We purchased this property because Dorado Beach Resort has a unique set of qualities found nowhere else in Puerto Rico. Also, the world class golf, the beach, the tennis facilities, and the amazing view from its perfect terrace makes this property the perfect setting for a vacation.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Features: • Prime location with unobstructed views of the West Course fairways and lake. This is truly one of the best locations within the entire resort. • 800 square foot covered terrace: includes sitting area, large dining table, BBQ area and hammock • Private 4 seat golf cart with its own golf cart garage • 6 bicycles • Tennis court and swimming pool • 2 parking spaces for the unit’s exclusive use • Close to the beach, a 10-minute walk, or a 5- minute bike ride or stroll in the golf cart • The Ritz Carlton Reserve Spa, Three Robert Trent Jones Sr. Championship Golf Courses, various restaurants, a themed water park, state of the art fitness center, beach club and water sports are all available.
- Primary: 7873840026
- Secondary: +1 7873841222
Kitchen-Stainless steel appliances, teak countertops, breakfast bar
Third bedroom, King size bed
Four seat golf cart is included
Another perfect beach for swimming also a short walk
Pool at the Beach Club
Barlovento and Goodwinds water sports
View from the terrace
Living area: open plan
Master suite: King bed
Second Bedroom; 2 full beds; 2 twin trundles. Open to interior patio.
Hallway; owner's artworks
One of three golf courses
Beach perfect for swimming and snorkeling, just a short walk away
Explore the Reserve's Rockefeller nature trails in one of our six beach cruisers
The 3,000 square foot villa is on the first floor
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM