Welcome to Sugar Leaf Lodge, your little getaway tucked among the trees within Sugar Mountain Resort. It serves as a great base camp for a summer mountain vacation!
We have plenty to do right here at our resort including hiking and biking trails, golf, tennis courts all within walking distance from where you will be staying. In addition you will be just a short drive from numerous attractions including the Blue Ridge Parkway with all of its beautiful scenery. And don't forget about just sitting on the deck enjoying those cool mountain air nights, it really is rejuvenating.
So what's the place like?
Your retreat is a fully furnished 3 bedroom, 2 bath unit at Briarcliff Condominiums. Features include a wood-burning fireplace, spacious deck offering a woodsy view, fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, cable TV, wireless internet AND a small loft with TV/VCR/GameCube that the kiddies will love!
Catch up on some zzzz's.
There is a queen size bed in the master, a queen size bed in the guest room and two twins in the third bedroom. In addition, the loft has two foldout cushion chairs great for small children.
Some of our favorite summer activities along with drive time from your base camp:
• Swimming and canoeing at Wildcat Lake (http://tinyurl.com/nwf55e4) (10 min)
• Driving, picnicking & hiking along the Blue Ridge Parkway (http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/) (15 min)
• Listening to live music at Banner Elk park on Thursday nights (http://www.townofbannerelk.org/) (10 min)
• Relaxing at Valle Crucis Park (http://www.vallecrucispark.com/) (20 min)
• Having a glass of wine at beautiful Banner Elk Winery (http://www.bannerelkwinery.com/winery) (10 min)
• Seeing the bears at Grandfather Mountain (http://www.grandfather.com/) (15 min)
• Stroll through the shops in Blowing Rock (http://www.blowingrock.com/) (30 min)
○ After shopping, get some ice cream at Kilwin's in Blowing Rock
• Renting a boat for a day on Lake Watauga (http://www.lakeshore-resort.com/) (40 min)
• Visiting Asheville & the Biltmore Estate (https://www.biltmore.com/) (1.5 hour)
• Riding bikes on the Virginia Creeper Trail (http://www.vacreepertrail.com/) (1 hour)
• Zip Lining at Hawksnest (http://www.hawksnestzipline.com/) (15 min)
So what are you waiting for? Plan YOUR getaway today. We would love to have you as our guest.
Looking for a beach escape? Checkout our Hilton Head property Summer-Salt: http://slopesidetoseaside.com/summer-salt-villa.