Elegant Beachfront Retreat(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
5 Bedrooms, 5 Baths (all En Suite), 2 Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Twins, Sleeps 8-10
Sea La Vie is not your typical beach rental, with low-grade furnishings and sleeper sofas and bunk beds crammed in every nook and cranny in order to maximize the number of guests per rental.
Our home features hardwood floors throughout and is comfortably furnished in a calming, neutral palette. The layout of our home gives each guest / couple maximum privacy, with each bedroom enjoying an en suite private bath.
The house offers unobstructed 180 degree views of the gulf from most rooms. The living and dining area extend to the HUGE screened porch, with 10 rocking chairs, a large swing and large teak dining table to relax on after a long day on the beach.
The gourmet kitchen has everything you need to have a shrimp boil, shuck fresh oysters and make homemade ice cream for dessert! The home also features a fish cleaning / oyster shucking area as well as an outdoor picnic charcoal grill.
Sea La Vie features a flat screen television with HD satellite TV, Blu-ray, and Netflix and Amazon streaming. The house is also equipped with Wi-Fi and high speed internet service. We recently installed a cell signal booster, allowing you to get a strong cellphone signal throughout our home.
When the day is done, retreat to one of 5 bedrooms, each with an en suite bath. Three of the bedrooms have beachfront porch access as well!
UNFORTUNATELY, WE DO NOT ALLOW PETS DUE TO FAMILY HEALTH LIMITATIONS. WE THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THIS RULE. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THIS MEANS THE HOUSE IS SUPER CLEAN!
2Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Twins
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 3200 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 10
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 4 - May 26, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
May 27 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $275
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Tax Rate 9%
For cancellations made within 30 days of scheduled check-in, we retain $1,000 of the reservation deposit. VRBO offers affordable cancellation insurance to help in these situations.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
This is one of the most breath-taking Gulf front homes on St. George Island. This home sits on a large one acre Gulf-front lot.
Private boardwalk, clubhouse, community pool, community fitness room, outdoor shower, wi-fi, tennis courts, gas grill, outdoor fish cleaning area
Things to do:
- Head to the beach -- it's only steps from the screened in porch!
- Visit local parks - Both the lighthouse park in the center of St. George Island, and the state park at the eastern end of the island provide public access to the beach with restrooms, picnic tables, and other amenities. And, most of the north/south roads on the island provide a public access to the beach.
- Ride a bike - St. George Island has 17 miles of paved bike paths and lots of off-roads for exploring. Ride a bike from one side of the island to the other.
- Watch for birds - birding is a year-round event
- Get in the water - Both kayaks and stand-up paddle boards are available for rental on St. George Island for use in the Gulf or the Apalachicola Bay.
- Learn something - Franklin County, Florida is home to a number of museums. Visit the Apalachicola Estuary Nature Center to learn about local fish, turtles, and more. Visit the Apalachicola Maritime Museum to learn more about the area's celebrated maritime history.
- Catch a live band - Visit Harry A's on St. George Island or The Tap Room at the Owl Cafe in Apalachicola to enjoy live music.
- Take a picture - St. George Island is a photographer's paradise with another stunning shot around every corner. Sunrises, sunsets, landscapes, the surf, wildlife, native and migrating birds, butterflies, your family having fun …
- Shop Apalachicola – Just 20 minutes to the west, Apalachicola is home to quaint downtown area with charming boutiques and a great selection of restaurants, ranging from raw bars to fine dining.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We purchased this property as an escape from our hectic lives in Atlanta, Georgia. We were looking for a place that is remote and relaxing. We love peace and quiet, and simply do not enjoy a beach or restaurants that are packed with people. We have enough stress at work, we don't need it on vacation! Our home is not your typical rental. It will feel very much like you are at home at the beach!
Why the Owner Chose Plantation, St. George Island, FL, USA:
We treat Sea La Vie as our home away from home, not just as a rental property. As such, Sea La Vie features more high end finishes and furnishings than you will typically find in local rental homes.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
* Each bedroom has a private en suite bath. * 3 of 5 bedrooms have beachfront porch access * The Plantation amenities are available to our guests, including pool, tennis, and fitness center.
- Primary: 404-488-3213
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of Sea La Vie from the beach
Close up view of Sea La View from driveway
Entry / Foyer
Bedroom 2 with queen bed
Bedroom 4 with king bed
View from upper level balcony off upstairs bedrooms
Aerial view of Sea La Vie from the street
Unobstructed view of the gulf from the screened porch
Living Room with view into dining area
Bedroom 1 with king bed
Bedroom 3 with 2 twin beds
Bedroom 5 with queen bed
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.