About the property
- House3200 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
5 Bedrooms, 5 Baths (all En Suite), 2 Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Twins, Sleeps 8-10
Come relax at one of the best beachfront homes in the Plantation on St. George Island.
Sea La Vie is not your typical beach rental, with low-grade furnishings and sleeper sofas and bunk beds crammed in every nook and cranny in order to maximize the number of guests per rental.
Our home features hardwood floors throughout and is comfortably furnished in a calming, neutral palette. The layout of our home gives each guest / couple maximum privacy, with each bedroom enjoying an en suite private bath.
The house offers unobstructed 180 degree views of the gulf from most rooms. The living and dining area extend to the HUGE screened porch, with 10 rocking chairs, a large swing and large teak dining table to relax on after a long day on the beach.
The gourmet kitchen has everything you need to have a shrimp boil, shuck fresh oysters and make homemade ice cream for dessert! The home also features a fish cleaning / oyster shucking area as well as an outdoor picnic charcoal grill.
Sea La Vie features a flat screen television with HD satellite TV, Blu-ray, and Netflix and Amazon streaming. The house is also equipped with Wi-Fi and high speed internet service. We recently installed a cell signal booster, allowing you to get a strong cellphone signal throughout our home.
When the day is done, retreat to one of 5 bedrooms, each with an en suite bath. Three of the bedrooms have beachfront porch access as well!
UNFORTUNATELY, WE DO NOT ALLOW PETS DUE TO FAMILY HEALTH LIMITATIONS. WE THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THIS RULE. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THIS MEANS THE HOUSE IS SUPER CLEAN!
2Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Twins
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
We purchased this property as an escape from our hectic lives in Atlanta, Georgia. We were looking for a place that is remote and relaxing. We love peace and quiet, and simply do not enjoy a beach or restaurants that are packed with people. We have enough stress at work, we don't need it on vacation! Our home is not your typical rental. It will feel very much like you are at home at the beach!
Lori purchased this House in 2012
Why Lori chose Plantation
We treat Sea La Vie as our home away from home, not just as a rental property. As such, Sea La Vie features more high end finishes and furnishings than you will typically find in local rental homes.
What makes this House unique
* Each bedroom has a private en suite bath. * 3 of 5 bedrooms have beachfront porch access * The Plantation amenities are available to our guests, including pool, tennis, and fitness center.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Family favorite ❤️
We love this house! So comfortable and privacy for all. Hammock, porch swings and rockers galore. Beach is always beautiful and plenty of sea shells.
Beautiful home; perfect location
We had a wonderful family vacation here: grandmother, daughters and grandchildren. The home has everything you need for a great beach vacation: beach towels, beach toys and all the household items you require. Right on the beautiful St. George Island beach. We definitely hope to go back for another visit at Sea la Vie!
Sea La Vie was absolutely the best!!
What a lovely and comfortable home! We truly enjoyed staying here and all the amenities from the elevator to the abundance of beach equipment. This is such a well appointed house with everything and anything you could need or want. The kitchen was well equipped and living space large and accommodating. Such a beautiful home, we will definitely be back!
Sea La Vie is the perfect Family Vacation Home!
We had a wonderful vacation at Sea La Vie. The house was perfect for our family of 8 (six kids ranging from pre-teen to early 20s). We love the decor. The stocked kitchen was the best I have experienced in 12+ years of annual beach trips. Plus, the furnished beach towels were a very nice touch. The owner was delightful to work with. We plan to return here again. St. George Island is our favorite vacation spot and we now have a favorite house.
We loved this house!
We had a fantastic vacation at Sea la Vie. The house is in a perfect location with easy access to the beach.The beach is great for walking and for finding wonderful shells. There are lots of waves, and on calmer days we saw lots of dolphins.The house itself is great. It is clean with comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, and wonderful porches. I can't believe I did not know about St. George Island sooner. It is nothing like the crowded touristy areas further west on the panhandle. I have never seen so many stars! We fell in love with the island and the house. And Apalachicola is a neat town close enough to get to easily for lots of shopping and great eating! There is good food to be found on St. George Island also, though not as many choices. We ate at 7 different restaurants and did not have a bad meal.
We are a group of retired teachers who have traveled together for years, and we all agree this is one of our favorite places. God willing we will be back to this island and this house.
Our favorite vacation house!
This was the 2nd time my family stayed at Sea La Vie. It's the perfect house for a relaxing beach vacation. Comfy furnishings, a great and very large screen porch for dinner and cocktails, and an amazing view of the gulf from every bedroom. Lori, the owner is very accommodating and made sure all was well during our stay. We love this house and will come back for years to come!
This is one of the most breath-taking Gulf front homes on St. George Island. This home sits on a large one acre Gulf-front lot.
Private boardwalk, clubhouse, community pool, community fitness room, outdoor shower, wi-fi, tennis courts, gas grill, outdoor fish cleaning area
Things to do:
- Head to the beach -- it's only steps from the screened in porch!
- Visit local parks - Both the lighthouse park in the center of St. George Island, and the state park at the eastern end of the island provide public access to the beach with restrooms, picnic tables, and other amenities. And, most of the north/south roads on the island provide a public access to the beach.
- Ride a bike - St. George Island has 17 miles of paved bike paths and lots of off-roads for exploring. Ride a bike from one side of the island to the other.
- Watch for birds - birding is a year-round event
- Get in the water - Both kayaks and stand-up paddle boards are available for rental on St. George Island for use in the Gulf or the Apalachicola Bay.
- Learn something - Franklin County, Florida is home to a number of museums. Visit the Apalachicola Estuary Nature Center to learn about local fish, turtles, and more. Visit the Apalachicola Maritime Museum to learn more about the area's celebrated maritime history.
- Catch a live band - Visit Harry A's on St. George Island or The Tap Room at the Owl Cafe in Apalachicola to enjoy live music.
- Take a picture - St. George Island is a photographer's paradise with another stunning shot around every corner. Sunrises, sunsets, landscapes, the surf, wildlife, native and migrating birds, butterflies, your family having fun …
- Shop Apalachicola – Just 20 minutes to the west, Apalachicola is home to quaint downtown area with charming boutiques and a great selection of restaurants, ranging from raw bars to fine dining.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
For cancellations made within 30 days of scheduled check-in, we retain $1,000 of the reservation deposit. VRBO offers affordable cancellation insurance to help in these situations.