Newly Renovated Cottage in Old Grayton(74 Reviews)
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 Bedrm,1 Full Bath Cottage in Old Grayton, Outdoor shower w/hot water, Sleeps 6
The vaulted ceilings of the spacious great room lend an open feel to the cottage. This space includes the newly renovated kitchen, dining and living areas. The dining table can easily accommodate 6-8. The original artwork hung throughout the great room continues down the hall and into the 3 bedrooms. There is a large master bedroom with a king size bed. The middle bedroom has a queen size bed and a full size washer/dryer closet. The bunk room has twin beds. All linens, including 100% linen pillow cases, bath towels and beach towels are provided. The bathroom's marble vanity has 2 sinks and a combination tub/shower. There is a fully enclosed outdoor shower with hot and cold water just outside the side porch entrance.
Member since: 2013
- 1060 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Lake View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Late Spring 2017
Apr 22 - May 26, 2017
3 night min stay
May 27 - Aug 4, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Late Summer 2017
Aug 5 - Aug 18, 2017
6 night min stay
Early Fall 2017
Aug 19 - Sep 29, 2017
3 night min stay
Late Fall 2017
Sep 30 - Nov 21, 2017
3 night min stay
Nov 22 - Nov 25, 2017
4 night min stay
Early Winter 2017
Nov 26 - Dec 22, 2017
1 night min stay
Winter Holiday 2017
Dec 23 - Jan 2, 2018
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $125 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- handling fee $60 + tax
- Tax Rate 11%
House Rules and Cancellation Policy
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10 A.M. CST.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING house. Violation of this rule will result in eviction and loss of security deposit.
3. PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED in the house or on the property under any conditions. Violation of this rule will result in eviction and loss of security deposit.
4. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY: No refunds will be given. Hurricane season is June 1 – November 30.
5. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- Max number of guests is limited to six (6) persons.
6. Minimum Age of Renter: 25 years old 7. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the “sub total" (rental rate + cleaning fee + tax) is required within seven (7) days of booking the reservation. 8. DAMAGE/SECURITY DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of $200 is required.
9. CANCELLATIONS – Cancellations that are made more than forty-five (45) days prior to the arrival date will result in a refund of all advance payments and deposits, minus a book-keeping fee of $75. Cancellations, or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 45 days of the arrival date forfeit the full advance payment which is equal to 1/2 of the total + any vrbo fees. In the event of a late cancellation, the Owner will make every effort to re-rent the home. If the home is re-rented, a refund shall be given in the amount equal to 90% of the original rental. If a renter is concerned about a potential need to cancel the rental, the renter is advised to purchase travel insurance separately.
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE
11. PARKING – Goodnight Moon has parking for 2 vehicles only.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Car: Not Necessary
Grayton Beach is an historic seaside town surrounded on 3 sides by state parks. It is one of the oldest beach communities on Florida's gulf coast c.1890. It is located between the diverse coastal system of Grayton Beach State Park and Western Lake. The lake serves as a gateway to the gulf and the sugar sand beaches of Grayton.
The beach, restaurants, general store, massage service and shops are all available within walking distance from the cottage. Sport fishing excursions leave right from the beach in Grayton. Stand up paddle boards and kayaks are available for rent including delivery and pick-up. You may enjoy a bike ride along the 20 mile bike/jogging path that links the coastal communities of Blue Mountain, Watercolor, Seaside and Rosemary Beach. Goodnight Moon is located approximately 3 blocks or 528 yards to the nearest beach access.
Grayton is located between 2 airports. The new Panama City airport to the east is serviced by Delta and Southwest while the Ft Walton airport to the west is serviced by Delta, American Eagle and US Airways.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: The owners, who also manage the cottage, live close by on Western Lake and will be available to answer questions or help with arrangements during your stay.
Why the Owner Chose Grayton Beach, FL, USA:
My husband's family has had a cottage in the historic Old Grayton community since 1936. Our girls spent many summers in Grayton alongside their grandparents and cousins. After raising our family in Mobile, Al, we retired to our permanent home on Western Lake overlooking Old Grayton. The quirky village of Grayton has always been a huge part of our family life. We took great care and pride in our renovation of Goodnight Moon cottage. We consider Grayton our home and we hope you will enjoy it, as we have.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Goodnight Moon is located in historic 'Old Grayton' just 3 blocks or 3 tenths of a mile from the beach in Grayton. With queen and king bedrooms Goodnight Moon is a perfect retreat for a couples' weekend, a small family or a girls' getaway. The bunk room is well-suited for kids and adults, as well.
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Goodnight Moon Cottage in Historic Grayton Beach at #2 Magnolia St.
The great room includes living, kitchen and dining areas.
Flat screen, high def cable TV, Blue Ray DVD player & wireless internet service
Fully equipped, completely renovated kitchen
Dining for 6
Newly renovated bathroom includes double vanity & combo tub/shower
Spacious master with king bed
Queen bedroom + laundry closet
Our 3 daughters' childhood doll houses serve as shelving in bunk room
View from bedrooms out to screened porch
Goodnight Moon in Grayton
A retro turquoise fridge welcomes guests
The spacious great room has a vaulted ceiling.
Original artwork throughout the cottage
Great room includes living, kitchen and dining areas
My splurge - the "Big Chill"
"Old Florida" vintage style decor
Fully enclosed outdoor shower with hot & cold water is located on the side porch
All bed linens provided
Bunk room with twin beds
Screened porch with seating for 4
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.