|Space||2,000 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Our home is very comfortably furnished. The main living level has one bedroom, bathroom, living room/ dining room with gas log fireplace. Three sliding glass door provide you with a stunning view and give you access to the deck.This level is partially covered and has furniture and an out door cooking area facing the lake ( we provide a griddle, crock pot and Grill). TV, with surround sound, ipod docking station with inside and out speakers.
The upstairs level has the Master suit King bed with a jacuzzi tub and a private deck with view of the lake. There is another Queen bedroom on this level with bathroom and shower.
The ground floor level is basically one large room with TV, a Queen sleep-sofa, a double futon, and a double/ twin bunk set.The laundry room, 1/2 bath is also on this level. There are three sliding glass doors with a beautiful view of the Lake. A large concrete patio out side of those doors is a great recreation area (for corn hole).
My husband grew up in North Wilkesboro. We have three grown children and six grand children We both fell in love with this piece of property and enjoy sharing it with our family, friends and all of you.
Donna Minton purchased this house in 2007
We chose to purchase this property for many reasons. The first is that we love to be near water. The home where we live is a twenty five min. drive so, it is easy for us to maintain two homes. We love sharing the property with friends and family. Cooking, listening to music on the deck, swimming and boating in the lake it is always an incredible experience.
The View from each floor in all seasons is stunning!
I don't like writing negative reviews. I really don't. But I think it's important for people to know the good and the bad.
The good: the location is beautiful. The house has an amazing back porch with a grill. There's also a dock down the hill that you can use and swim. The air conditioning worked well and there was ample parking. It was a very quiet spot close to many great things on the lake.
The bad: the house smelled extremely musty and was very dusty or full of mold. About half of the guests were overcome with allergies while staying in the house. If you are sensitive to the environment, and don't want everything smelling weird, this isn't the place for you. Also things to note: the homeowner doesn't provide any paper products including toilet paper so make sure to pick some up. The towels were very small and old. The beds won't be made when you get there, which isn't a huge deal, but could be annoying if you get in really late.
Basically, if you're go-with-the-flow and don't mind the potential for allergies, you will be perfectly happy in this spot. We made do, and we weren't spending a ton of time in the house because we were all there for a wedding.
We had a great time in spite of a few issues with the place. Probably the most disappointing would be the lake access. If you are going in the winter to enjoy the mountains I'd give it 4 stars with the tiny kitchen being the only down side. But for summer and the lake use the long walk down is a problem. (see cover picture as that is how far the house is from the water). Get to lake and realize you forgot something and you're walking up the 50' incline again and back with not steps, gravel or concrete. To call the kids for dinner you'll need to walk down and back or call use a cell as it's too far to talk. No carrying a large cooler down that hill so pack a small cooler or bring it over by water. Once you're at the water the view is beautiful and the dock is awesome. Deck is A+ and very large.
- Private location with beautiful lake and mountain views.
- Quiet & Peaceful setting
- Nice aluminum pier with a covered boat slip.
- Lots of room at home for renters and guests.
- Beautiful Deck with a covered portion to avoid rain or sun on a hot day
- Good Wifi reception (not at pier)
- Just a few miles to kayak, pontoon and tub rentals & excursions
- Grill works but has issues so start early as it is slow. chick took an hour, burgers 1/2 hr
- Very steep grade to pier, no steps so you choose wet slippery grass or mud, fun times carrying, kayak, paddle board or cooler. Probably better off bringing those over by water. Fine for kids and adults that don't injure easily with a slip.
- Only two adults and we were all over each other in the odd tiny kitchen. About 8 ft wide and long but there's an island eating up a lot of that space. You'll continually be exiting the kitchen and re-entering to get around it.
- Front glass door lock not functioning properly. Fire hazard if you have small children as they won't be able to force it open. Takes a shoulder to the wooden part to get it open. We propped it open to eliminate the hassle.
- No working bulbs in any lights on the front of the house making a late evening arrival very difficult and requiring flashlights.
- Do not give access to the upstairs bedroom to small children. The deck has an open area approx. 2 foot wide next to house with no railing to prevent a 9 foot fall to deck below.
- Overly complicated TV / Audio setup make using Kindle Fire Stick / Roku / HDMI setup impossible on main TV.
- Significant cleaning fee but you still need to wash dishes and bag up your linens
This house is located in such a good place and it has an amazing view. Loved it!
The home was the perfect weekend getaway, with everything we needed to cook full meals and to enjoy our time on the water. Will definitely be back!
A beautiful home with a very helpful, friendly hosts. We would love to come back for another visit!
Our beautiful Lake house has an incredible sunset view over Kerr Scott Lake from three different decks. It is located 3 miles from Merle Fest in April and 5 Miles from the Big Apple Festival in North Wilkesboro in October. Also, a 30 minute scenic drive up hwy 421 and you will be in Boone. The fall colors from our deck over the lake are incredible.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$200|
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
The Event Rate for Merle Fest includes a cleaning fee and a $200. Deposit.