Luxuriously Pre Revolution Breton Manor Beside the River Blavet + Pool
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Breton Farm Manoir built 1769, rescued 2000.
* Sympathetically restored, retaining carved granite fireplaces, beams & stonework + wood burner.
* Very spacious accommodation throughout for 10 people plus 2 cots.
* 5 bedrooms (2 doubles, 3 twins), 2 bathrooms.
* Superbly equipped farmhouse kitchen with large farmhouse table (d/washer, w/machine, m/wave.)
* UK TV, DVD, and CD player.
* Large lounge + small private 'hideaway' lounge.
* Bikes, linen, towels, cots & high chairs provided.
* Fenced heated private pool in large childproof garden.
* Ideal location for tourist attractions, historic sites & beaches.
* Situated in an idyllic location besides the beautiful river Blavet.
* Cycling, boating, golf courses, fishing, walking, horse riding nearby.
The magnificent Breton farm manoir constructed in 1769, lies in the rural riverside hamlet of Treblavet, together with a mill, Breton Longere and Lock keepers cottage. It was built by the Nedelec family, who still farm the surrounding lands over 200 years later. Less than 10 minutes drive from the busy Breton market town of Baud, and the picturesque riverside villages of St Nicolas de Eaux and St Adrian offering a multitude of restaurants and shops.
The Manoir is situated just outside the village of St. Barthelemy with it’s picturesque square, with Church, local bakery, café and excellent value restaurant as well as a small supermarket. The larger town of Baud 5 minutes drive away has 2 larger supermarkets, shops and a multitude of bars and restaurants. Food lovers will enjoy the wonderful restaurants, local seafood and Breton specialities of galettes and crepes. Taste wine from all over France in the local wine cellars – and stock up for the return to the UK.
The surrounding area has many beautiful places to visit, from the medieval walled towns of Hennebont, Vannes and Josselin, to the ancient port town of Auray – St Goustan. The superb variety of beaches from Quiberon to Carnac and the Gulf of Morbihan, with its hundreds of islands, are all within 30 to 45 minutes. Ferries offer trips to various islands, and around the Gulf. Prehistoric sites are numerous in the area, including the standing stone at Carnac.
Choose to venture away from the poolside, and the local area offers many activities. The river Blavet not 100 meters from the door, is a mecca for salmon fishing, cyclists and walkers wishing to take advantage of the tow paths running from Pontivy in the North, to the sea.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Chateau / Country House
- 197 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
- All bedrooms are large and are equally comfortable for adults or children. Bedding and towels are supplied. All bedrooms have ample storage space. Bedrooms have views either over the fields behind Le manoir or overlooking the gardens to the front of the house. 1 double, 2 twin, bathroom and mezzanine lounge area on the 1st floor. 1 double, 1 twin and bathroom on second floor....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Le Manoir de Treblavet is furnished to an excellent standard with all modern facilities. It has been sympathetically restored, retaining character features such as beautiful carved fireplaces, carved wooden beams and exposed granite stone. A very spacious property, easily capable of accommodating multiply families or generations - without getting on top of each other. An idyllic, peaceful location besides the river Blavet - yet within easy reach of all modern conveniences, historic sites, tourist attractions, beaches, golf courses and many other activities....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
Exceptional well equipped kitchen - which can actually be used to cook 'proper meals' in, with all required cooking utensils and equipment. Cooker, large fridge, dishwasher, washing machine. ...moreless
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Large Cooler
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Included
Changeover day is a Saturday. Will consider short breaks in May and September 20% deposit on booking, balance payable 8 weeks prior to departure. £50 additional charge towards a full clean before and after your stay. Includes heating, hot water, electricity, wood, bedding and towels.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 5 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Luxuriously restored pre revolutionary Breton Manor house set against the backdrop of the beautiful river Blavet with private heated pool. Sleeps 10 + 2 cots. Now with Free WiFi
The magnificent Breton farm manoir constructed in 1769, lies in the rural riverside hamlet of Treblavet, together with a mill, Breton Longere and Lock keepers cottage. It was built by the Nedelec family, who still farm the surrounding lands over 200 years later. A short distance from the quaint village of St Barthelemy with bakery, restaurants, bars and local shop. Less than 10 minutes drive from the busy Breton market town of Baud, and the picturesque riverside villages of St Nicolas de Eaux and St Adrian offering a multitude of restaurants and shops.
Well located for tourist attractions and a variety of beaches. Highlights include Vannes, St Goustain, Hennebont, Port Louis, Auray, Poul fetan, Carnac Plage, Trinite sur mere.
Golf: 6 golf courses are within 30 minutes drive, notably Rimaison (10 minutes), a challenging and mature 9 hole par 36, set in the grounds of a derelict château. 5 other courses all located with an easy drive.
Cycling: Free adult bikes provided. Cycle path runs beside the river Blavet that runs beside the house (over 100km available!). Great cycle rides to local villages (including St Nicholas Deux). Beautiful scenery.
Watersports: Canoeing available at St Nicholas Deux. Great sailing from Canac and around. Windsurfing and surfboarding from local beaches as well.
High wire ropes course, climbing wall and zipline adventure activities locally.
Year Purchased: 1999
Why the Owner Chose Saint-Barthélemy, Morbihan, France:
We bought Le Manoir de Treblavet because we fell in love with a beautiful ruined old Manoir. Located at the end of a country road, beside the amazing river Blavet, it had been forgotten. Within a few years it would have been a pile of stones. We felt that we were Le Manoir's last chance of survival. We lovingly restored the house - keen to maintain it's original charm. In 2002 we got married at the house - a fantastic party with 60 guests from the UK, and just as many French friends, that had helped us over the years. We've had many happy family holidays ourselves in the house. Guests often comment about how well it is furnished - with every possible item available. We think this is because we actually live and use the house ourselves - so we know what we need in the house to create a great holiday. It's not just a holiday let for us - it's a home. Le Manoir has a great 'feel' about it - it's a happy house. We like to think it's because the house was desperate to be rescued, and to be rebuilt into somewhere where people could again fill the rooms with chat and laughter................
- Primary: +44 07900938705
- Secondary: +44 1477500102
Le Manoir de Treablavet
Sun Dial on Le Manoir chimney
Le Manoir bread oven
Cycle path (River Blavet) next to Le Manoir
Port St Goustan, Auray
Golf de Morbihan
Private heated swimming pool
Date carving on Le Manoir
Cycle path next to Le Manoir
Cycle to the chapel built into the cliffs
Vannes city walls
Camor Forest TreeTop Trek
- Property typeChateau / Country House
- Response time Within a few days
- Response rate 44%
- Calendar last updated 05/16/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.