A relaxing river home with beautiful views of the Juniata river and 1,200 sq. feet of living space, 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, central heat/air, satellite TV, DVD, a spacious open and covered deck and screened in porch, lazy swings and fire pit ready for cooking hot dogs and smores.
Outdoor Adventures and Local Attractions:
Outside adventures include swimming, canoeing, fishing, tubing, horseback riding and kayaking, bird watching, hunting and much more! The Bedford Springs Resort is just 20 minutes away and offers spa treatments, swimming pools, challenging golf on the Old Course which was rated one of Golfweek’s BEST GOLF COURSES and plenty of fine dining! Quaint downtown Bedford offers antique shopping and fine dining as well.
About the Juniata River:
The Juniata shore lines and waters provide an excellent opportunity to view birds, mammals and fish.
Wood ducks, mallards, mergansers and geese; raccoon, mink and deer; osprey and bald eagles; herons, regrets and king fishers and many more animals all flourish along the river. If you enjoy fishing, the Juniata River offers some of the finest small-mouth bass fishing in the world!
What is Provided at the House:
• 1,200 sq. feet of living space
• Master Suite (king size bed)
• Bedroom #2 - (Full size bed)
• Bedroom #3 - (1 Full and 1 Twin in bunk bed)
• 2 full baths, central air, cable TV in bedroom and living room, DVD
• Fully stocked kitchen
• Sheets, towels
• Dish wifi
• Propane grill, fire pit with pre-cut wood
Note on Wi-Fi: dishNET Satellite High Speed Internet is the only internet option available for our rural location and comes with capacity limitations. dishNet Satellite is great for web browsing and email. It will not support video streaming services such as Netflix or Hulu. Additionally, it will not support online gaming via PlayStation or Xbox Live. To compensate for the video streaming restrictions associated with wifi limitations, the TV service package was upgraded to America's Top 200.
What to do at the River….
• Kayak or Tube. When conditions are favorable you can enjoy a scenic float down the Juniata via kayak or tube. You can rent Kayaks at http://www.fatjimmys.com/
• Riversit. Pull up a beach chair, sit and enjoy the sounds and the scenery.
• Fish. Go for Bass, Rock Bass, Sunfish, Carp or Catfish.
• Bowfish for carp, suckers or catfish.
• Relax. Read a book, do a jigsaw puzzle or make yourself comfortable in the shaded screened in porch, sunny deck or one of the wooden swings.
• Catch Night Crawlers. On a damp night, you’re likely to find plenty. They make great fishing bait.
• Build a Campfire, Roast a Marshmallow; Build a S’more.
• Bird Watch. You’re likely to see Osprey, Herons, Hawks and possibly an Eagle.
• Watch TV. Dish TV with America's top 200 and DVD is provided
What to do in the Area…..
• Dine Out. There are limited dining options in Everett (4 miles). Breezewood (7 miles) offers options typical of a highway interchange. Downtown Bedford (13 miles) offers non-chain unique options with inviting surroundings typical of a small historic town.
• Go for Ice Cream. The Igloo in Everett is wonderful! (4 miles).
• Golf. The Down River Course in Everett is enjoyable and affordable (4 miles). A more prestigious experience is available at Omni Bedford Springs Resort (15 miles).
• Spa. Visit Omni Bedford Springs Resort (15 miles).
• Antiquing/Craft Shopping. Downtown Bedford (13 miles).
• History. Visit Fort Bedford Museum (13 miles) and/or Old Bedford Village in Bedford (17 miles).
• State Parks. Shawnee State Park in Schellsburg (24 miles). Blue Knob All Seasons Resort in Claysburg (38 miles).
• Flight 93 Memorial, Stoystown (36 miles).
• Casino. Rocky Gap, Cumberland, MD (41 miles)
• Fish, Boat, Swim. Raystown Lake in Huntingdon (50 miles).
• Lakemont Amusement Park, Altoona, PA. (48 miles).
• DelGrosso Amusement Park, Tipton, PA. (60 miles).