5 Star Rated by Our Guests! Less Truly the Center of Paris on the Isle St. Louis
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:6-7 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Paris is best seen by foot - from this apartment you can walk everywhere....the Left Bank: Latin Quarter/Sorbonne, St Germain-dés-Près; or the Right Bank: the Marais District, the Louvre.
This spacious apartment is perfect for 2 couples , a couple with teens or 4 ladies who want a large, spacious and comfortable place to kick off their shoes after a long day of monuments and museums.
The owner has specifically chosen every antique piece and every work of art adorning this beautiful space. The crisp white entrance leads to the double salon with a dining table on one side & a sitting area on the other side. Just across the hall is the den which has a sofa bed, television, telephone & free wifi. If you want to create a gourmet meal, the kitchen is stocked with utensils and appliances ready to prepare even the toughest french recipe.
The hall leads to the spacious master bedroom which has a king size bed and plenty of closet space to unpack. The bathroom with tub & shower is just off the hallway, with a separate room for the toilet & sink. (see the pictures)
Step down 1 level where there is a 2nd cozy bedroom with an ensuite room with a shower & toilet. This bed can separate into 2 singles.
The owner's attention to fine details is evident everywhere you look. There is a complete manual in the apartment with tips on where to eat and what to do in the amazing city of light.
Please see our pictures and let us know if you have any questions.
'Lots of tourists swarm the island in Paris, home of Notre Dame Cathedral. But far too many overlook its adorable little sister, the quaint Isle Saint-Louis just a few steps away.
This small island (Isle Saint-Louis) is like an oasis from the rush of the city. It's almost as if someone dropped a small French village into the center of Paris, as it features markets, bakeries, fromagéries and cafés. While much of Paris has modernized over the years, the isle remains romantically frozen in the 17th century. It is remarkably the same as it was centuries ago. It is lined with adorable boutiques, is home to its own unique ice cream and features historic attractions.
Isle Saint-Louis will appeal to:
those who like more of a small-town feel,
those who appreciate historic neighborhoods and old towns,
those who appreciate a fine meal at a sidewalk café,
those who prefer to be in the center of it all,
tourists who prefer to live like locals,
anyone who loves to shop but abhors chain stores.'
Read more here: http://gofrance.about.com/od/paris/a/ilesaintlouis.htm
From this apartment you can easily walk everywhere....Notre Dame, La Chapelle, pont neuf; On the Left Bank: Latin Quarter/Sorbonne, St. Michel, Cluny museum, St. Germain-dés-Près; Open markets in the 5th district; and you can walk to the Right Bank: the Marais District & all its museums, the Pompidou Center, the Hotel de Ville, the Louvre, the Opera, & outdoor markets in the 1,2,3,4th districts.
Member since: 2010
- On floor 3
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- See the pictures for descriptions of the bedrooms. Both are nearly identical, one level above the other. The lower bedroom is accessed by stairs from the hallway. It has an ensuite shower & toilet & is large by French standards. This bed splits into 2 single beds. All linens are sanitized by the local cleaners....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- The lower level has a 3/4 bathroom (shower & toilet/no bathtub) and is next to the bedroom. The main bathroom is next to the master bedroom accessed by the hallway. There is a bathtub with shower head on the wall, a large sink, the washer/dryer and 2 drawers. The separate 3rd. bathroom (toilet & sink) is also accessible off the hallway....moreless
- GREAT O P T I O N S for your stay: Choose our Gold PACKAGE: the top in luxury extras: airport transfer, fresh flowers & champagne upon your arrival. You will have a private guide to take you on a walking tour of the area and you will get a carnet of Metro tickets (10) plus a street map of Paris. One special evening during your stay our private chef will prepare a fabulous dinner for you including wine with each course. Choose our Silver PACKAGE: for these extras: airport transfer, fresh flowers & champagne upon your arrival. You will have a private guide to take you on a walking tour of the area and you will get a carnet of Metro tickets (10) plus a street map of Paris. Concierge services available ...moreless
- Tourist Attractions
- Duty Free Shops
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 21 - Jan 4, 2017
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
6 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE/ RATE is in US DOLLARS***$3000 per week low season/$3300 in high season
check in hours are between 9 am and 6 pm. Outside these hours, there is an additional fee
Manager's cancellation policy:
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Car: Not Necessary
Truly the center of Paris, the island of Saint Louis is just next to the island where the Notre Dame is located. You can't get any more central! From here its easy to walk to the Left Bank (Latin Quarter, St. Germain-dés-Près) or to the Right Bank (Marais district, Louvre, Opera district)
Good local restaurants abound on the island where the famous Bertillon ice cream is served in limitless flavors. Metro & bus are easily accessible.
Year Purchased: 2013
About: We love Paris & enjoy sharing our home.
Why Notre Dame, Paris, France:
Since Paris is a walking city, we decided to stay right in the center so we could explore any direction.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Bright & spacious living area with windows that open onto the street
Crisp & bright foyer with antique pieces chosen by the owner
Just next to the living area is the dining table with 6 chairs
The kitchen is ideal for preparing appetizers & desserts, or just morning coffee
Nice gas stove & oven
First bedroom is located at the end of the hallway & faces the courtyard
Both bedrooms have fluffy pillows and decorator sheets for a good nights rest
The florist on the island creates fabulous arrangements for our apartment
Bathroom on the main level with tub, sink & washer/dryer
The bedroom on the lower level is cozy with fluffy pillows & decorator sheets
The beds in the 2nd bedroom separate into 2 singles
View of the one way street looking towards the Notre Dame
Elegant entrance to the building
Living area is bright & comfortable
The den is just off the entrance hall with sofabed, TV, free wifi and telephone
Try your hand at the delicious tarte tatin!
The owner added nice serving ware and glasses
First bedroom has french king bed/unpack & store your things in the closet
Wake up & open the large French windows facing the calm & quiet courtyard
Bathroom on the main level with tub, sink & washer/dryer
Located off the hall near the kitchen is the separate toilet & sink
There are 2 windows facing the courtyard from the 2nd bedroom
A view of the bedroom on the lower level from the staircase
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.