Amazing Cottage in a Beautiful Serene Area(37 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Master Suite and Guest Bedroom
Nestled in the Sierra Nevada foothills in the heart of Gold County our lovely newly constructed Cottage is a place you can put your feet up and relax surrounded by beautiful pines, oaks and manzanita. Or take a walk down a winding path surrounded by large rocks and trees to the gazebo. Where you can sit and read or just relax and watch the roaming deer on the property
Our newly constructed Cottage is supplied with beautiful down comforters and lush bedding two large TV’s with satellite for your enjoyment. Wi-Fi is also available. The kitchen is fully equipped for all your needs. After a full day of hiking in Yosemite National Park and visiting our historic town of Mariposa, come back to our cottage to relax in comfort.
One mile from the cottage you will find for your convenience the Triangle Market, restaurant, and gas station.
Mariposa County is known as the 'Mother of all Counties' because at one point in time, Mariposa was the largest County in state, spanning as far as Los Angeles. The communities found within the county lines are wonderful historic places to explore. The legends of how it came to be called 'Mariposa' are many and varied, but following the Gold Rush of 1849 it officially became the name of both the county and the largest town located within its boundaries. On the map we are just a short 30 minute drive from the southern end of Historic State Highway 49, also known as the Golden Chain Highway. Mariposa is the closest gateway to Yosemite Valley, considered to be one of the seven wonders of the world and home of some of the largest waterfalls in the western hemisphere.
1. To Yosemite North Entrance – Go North on Route 49 to reach The Arch Rock Highway 140 entrance that takes you through the historic town of Mariposa and along VALLEY FLOOR of the scenic Merced River Canyon. It is a beautiful drive which will take you about 45 minutes to an hour to reach the park. There are many places along the road to stop and enjoy the wild and scenic river. This area is known for spectacular wild flower viewing. To Yosemite South Entrance – Go South on Route 49 to reach Oakhurst - a larger town with many services, dining and shopping options. In Oakhurst, you will turn off to Highway 41 East to wind your way UP THE Mountain into Yosemite Park through the quaint little village of Fish Camp and Wawona – both places of many interests. Near Wawona is the must see of the Mariposa Grove of giant redwoods. As you drive further toward Yosemite just after the tunnel, be sure to pull off to see the spectacular view of the Yosemite Valley from above. 3. Bass Lake is located fifteen minutes from Oakhurst. It is a hopping place during the warm weather for water sports and just catching some sun and a picnic for the day. Bass Lake offers water sports rentals, shops, casual as well as fine dining options. 'Ducey's on the Lake' is a favorite restaurant.??4. There are 3 local golf courses just minutes away: Sierra Meadows, River Creek and Wawona, the latter is just inside Yosemite. 5. During the winter months you can travel to Badger Pass to enjoy downhill and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.6. Many of the communities have many other activities throughout the year! On local websites you can find events like festivals, the Arts and wineries to explore. Mariposa has a Zip Line and river rafting in the summer, as well as horseback riding on forested trails. 7. Mariposa has its own airport just 10 minutes from town and 20 minutes from the cabin. Car rentals are available at the airport with advance reservations. 8. Fresno Yosemite International Airport is about 1 hour and 15 minutes drive to the cottage.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 780 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Bedroom 2 is a guest room
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Large over sized shower
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 6 - Mar 27, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- cleaning Fee non refundable $100 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 11%
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. All refunds for cancellations or security deposit will be subject to bank charges before the return.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Yosemite has the world's greatest climbing areas,zipline,Gold Panning, hiking, river rafting, biking, spas, fishing, wine tasting
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: About: Jim and Grace retired from the hectic life in Los Angeles seven years ago. Jim retired from the Los Angeles Police Dept after 27 years and went on to work in the Movie Industry and Grace retired after a successful career in the beauty industry. They now enjoy visiting wineries, traveling and meeting new people. We build the cottage on our property to be able to meet people from all over the world. We just love it!!
Why the Owner Chose Mariposa, CA, USA:
After visiting friends in the area and acting as tourists ourselves we decided we where done with the big city (Los Angeles) and would like a change. We love the mountains, rivers, lakes, trees and of course Yosemite. We never tire of taking friends to Yosemite. My wife fell in love with this property because of the unusual rocks formation and the trees.
- Primary: +1 2097426832
- Tertiary: +1 8189686198
Links to more information:
The deer roaming the the yard
Your gazebo where you can sit and relax and watch the deer roaming thru the yard
Deer In Yard
Fall in Mariposa
Red Bud Tree in the spring
Pumkin patch in the fall near the cottage
Bridlewood Falls in Yosemitie
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.