Lovely home in South Lake Tahoe (Tahoe Paradise) available for short and long term rental. 5 minutes from Heavenly Valley, 40 minutes to Squaw Valley and Kirkwood, in a peaceful residential neighborhood. 10 minute drive to the lake and beaches and 10 minutes to the casinos.
The house borders national forest land with 400 miles of hiking, biking and snowmobile tails… You could even stop out the back door and walk all the way to Los Angles through this forest without ever seeing a city!)
This spacious, peaceful, and well appointed 5,800 sq. ft. home is spread out over 3 floors and can accommodate up to 14.
The house has 5 bedrooms - one bedroom with a great office area as well, 5 full baths, 3 living rooms, lounge room, 2 fireplaces, large kitchen with dining table, granite counters, dishwasher, expansive decks and outdoor area, formal dining room, large sauna and large steam room (both with view to the back yard), Swedish shower, Hot Tub, laundry room with washer and dryer, and 2 car heated garage--all set on a 1 acre lot with a huge lawn, view of the forest--and a great tree house to boot.
This house offers privacy, green, green vistas, tons of natural light, and the comforts of a spa in house. Floors are a mix of hardwood and carpet, and all have radiant/floor heat. The house comes with Wi-Fi and cable TV on any of the 5 40” flat screen TVs. It is a great place to vacation, to relax, and simply to be.
**While most houses in Tahoe don't have them, here the bedrooms have high quality black-out roller curtains, for those who like to sleep in!
Beds in Bedrooms are as follows:
Bedroom #1= 1 King & 1 Queen
Bedroom #2= 1 Double
Bedroom #3= 1 Queen with a twin bunk above
Bedroom #4= 1 Queen & 1 Twin
Bedroom #5= 1 Queen
There is a reason they call this area "Tahoe Paradise". (This house, with its amenities and location, just may be it!)
*To see virtual tours, please look for link by scrolling down to the 'WEB LINKS' section, which is just after MANAGER INFO at the bottom.
**If you are looking for Medium or Long term rates, please inquire.
*This home has a County Vacation Rental Permit --#1972
* We generally have a 3 night minimum, but if needed will approve 2 night rentals on a case to case basis with an additional "short-stay" surcharge. Also certain Holiday weekends may have minimums.
*We love pets, but I am sorry to say that after a couple of bad experiences we can no longer accept them as guests.
*Check-in is at 4pm, and check-out is at noon--but let us know your ideal time and we'll accommodate it if we can.
-A few of the 'Dont's' and 'No's': No smoking. And no parties or events in this rental, as the house is in a residential neighborhood where people really value the quiet of the woods and their homes. But this rule is a win-win: Good for the peace of our neighbors and good for renters too!
The county, the sherifs department and the neighbors in Tahoe are all vigilant regarding three things:
1. PARKNG 2. NOISE 3. GARBAGE
Renters must respect the laws regarding these issues, or citations will be issued directly to them, and also (potentially) to the property owner. Please know and respect the following:
1. PARKING: No street parking is allowed during snow removal conditions or between Nov. 1 and May 1. When street parking is allowed, it is only allowed directly in front of the curb closet to the house. The house has a garage that can house 2 cars and space for 4 medium size cars in the drive way. Parking is limited to 5 cars in total.
2. DISPOSAL OF GARBAGE: All garbage must be properly disposed of in the property's locked 'bear boxs' and no food or food items are to be left in the yard, on decks, or in vehicles. It's really dangerous for the people and bad for the bears!
3. NOISE: Renters must keep noise to a level that does not intrude on the peace of neighbors. Or as the county likes to say,renters 'must not create unreasonable noise or disturbances, engage in disorderly conduct, or violate provisions of, the El Dorado County Code or any State law pertaining to noise or disorderly conduct.' (Please help all enjoy this special place!)
--Cost to repair any damage to the house (repairs or cleaning) caused by any pets (or people) brought to or staying in the house are (of course) the responsibility of the renter.
--A signed rental contract is required for all rentals, as is a security deposit.
--PHotos have not yet been updated to show the added beds