|Space||3,500 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||6 nights|
Enjoy everything Traverse City has to offer while relaxing in this beautiful 3500 square foot log home on four acres with a private beach on Cedar Lake. Spend your days shopping in beautiful downtown Traverse City just four miles away or take a short walk down to the lake and enjoy the many amenities available to guests such as kayaks, a swim raft, gazebo with glide swing and 88' fishing dock. Also enjoy the brand new screened-in porch with comfy seating and a daybed for lazy summer afternoons.
Spend an day exploring some of the two-dozen wineries the Leelanau Peninsula has to offer, most within a 20 minute drive. Tours are also available. Or enjoy the National Cherry Festival, the Traverse City Film Festival, the Microbrew & Music Festival, Horse Shows By The Bay or any of the many other events going on in the region during the summer months. Also just two miles from the house is the TART Trail which provides over 10 miles of paved surfaces for biking, running and walking.
When you're ready to return home for the evening you'll find a beautifully appointed house with three bedrooms (plus additional bed in basement office), 2.5 bathrooms, and a sleeper-sofa that accommodates up to 12 guests. High-speed Internet with WiFi, cable, and a flatscreen TV (plus additional TVs throughout the house) are available as well as a fireplace, laundry facilities and game room including an air hockey table. Window air conditioning units are available in the master and two upstairs bedrooms.
• Living room with stone fireplace, high-vaulted ceiling, stereo and standard TV.
• Master bedroom suite with king-size bed, walk-in closet, window A/C, TV and french doors leading to porch. Master bath includes walk-in shower with two shower heads, jacuzzi tub and dual sinks.
• Laundry room with front-load washer and dryer off master bedroom.
• New remodeled kitchen with stainless steel appliances including double-oven and 6-burner gas stove. Includes all typical small appliances and dinnerware (toaster, coffeemaker, etc.). Kitchen/dinning area offers french-door access to front porch with grill and back-door access to rear deck with patio furniture, fire pit with log benches, beautiful flower gardens and an outdoor shower.
• Sunroom offers a panoramic view from 10 large picture windows, plasma TV with surround sound and DVD player, mini-fridge and knotty pine floors. Sleeper sofa can sleep two.
• Half-bath off living room area.
• Guest bedroom with queen-size bed made of rustic cedar logs, TV and window A/C.
• Bunk room with four bunk beds made of rustic cedar logs and window A/C.
• Full bathroom with tub/shower combo.
• Office space with queen bed and small TV.
• Game room with TV with surround sound and DVD player, kids toys and air hockey table.
• House is located on four acres with private frontage/beach on Cedar Lake just a short walk away (800 feet) with picnic tables, beach chairs, umbrellas, Weber grill, fire pit (wood provided), gazebo with glider swing, and 35' lounge deck with stereo overlooking the lake. You can also drive your car the short distance to the beach if you prefer.
• Include use of: two kayaks, 15' canoe, swim raft, 88' fishing dock, and five-person fiberglass paddlewheel boat.
• Please limit beach area to 20 people and 5 cars.
Family vacation in Northern Michigan to experience living in a house on a lake and enjoy the greater Traverse City area. Location and house exceeded our expectations. This was a family vacation, which included kids and elderly family member. We had 10 people in our party. We could have comfortably fit at least two more, if desired.
The house is first class in appearance and amenities. It was very cool to have your own personal lake front location on Cedar Lake - tons of things to do for kids and adults. Meanwhile the Grand Traverse Bay is very nearby. Greater Traverse City is 4 miles away - with access to classic downtown area with shops and restaurants. Beyond that, Northern Michigan is beautiful with National Parks, Golf, shopping and breweries nearby. Overall, this was a memorable experience. The owners enhanced the experience - making it feel like a first class experience.
We choose this property based on the photographs, and the prompt and friendly correspondence with the owner. It exceeded our expectations. The home is fully and tastefully furnished with well equipped. Every detail is thought through and well kept.
We felt as though we were staying with friends - who happened to be gone for a week! Owners came by to see that we were satisfied and answer any questions. Cedar lake is ideal. We often felt we were on our private lake. Beach front is lovely, includes a fridge, grill, water toys --- just perfect.
Great proximity to Traverse City, and all that the area offers. We slept 7-9 adults comfortably and everyone enjoyed the property.
Special thanks to the owner's for their warm hospitality, and prompt responses. A real pleasure. Can recommend without reservation.
My girlfriends and I (11 of us) chose this house based on previous reviews....we were NOT disappointed! The house is large and has everything you could possibly want. You can see Lake Michigan through the trees in front and, after a short walk or drive, you have the most beautiful, private beach area in the back. We expected to explore Traverse City and surrounding towns, Sleeping Bear Dunes and wine tours, but after seeing the beauty of the beach and lake, we decided to spend the majority of the time right at home. The owners couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. They live on property and stopped by to welcome us, however, we didn't see them again except when we asked them to join us for a cocktail. The house was better than expected with large rooms and amenities. I was lucky enough to get the Master BR and it was beautiful. The bathroom and shower was exceptional. Bonus was the outdoor shower! I can't wait to go back and bring my family.
Beautiful, well-appointed and clean home. Close in to Traverse City, yet a feeling of being away. Lake Michigan out the front...and lovely Cedar Lake with charming sandy beach out the back and down the path. Owners are very special people - available to help make the trip enjoyable.
Stayed at the home with a group of girlfriends. Slept 12 comfortably. So much beautiful space both outdoor and indoor to hang out. Enjoyed the secluded beach area including the kayaks and paddle boat. Multiple fire pits. Kitchen with all the amenities. Wonderful and communicative owners throughout this process! Would highly recommend to anyone and can't wait to return!
We were in Traverse City with our adult children for a wedding. The home was great, we would highly recommend it. We were able to enjoy the beach, the canoe and kayak, and fire pit during our stay. Great amenities.
Within a 45 minute drive of the property are the following attractions: Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park; two casinos; Leland historic fishing town; charter fishing; numerous wineries on Leelanau Peninsula and the Old Mission Peninsula; the Grand Traverse Resort featuring The Bear golf course; Horse Shows by the Bay Equestrian Festival; the National Cherry Festival; the Traverse City Film Festival; Interlochen Center for the Arts.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
|Damage Protection Fee||$99|
A reservation deposit of $1000.00 is due within fourteen (14) days of booking with the balance of Total Fees (as indicated above) due thirty (30) days prior to arrival. The reservation deposit is fully refundable if the reservation is canceled prior to thirty (30) days of arrival date.