The Rappahannock Sunset Cottage is located in Lancaster County in the Northern Neck region of Virginia. A unique waterfront vacation retreat, this dog friendly property offers guests modern amenities and convenience and a spectacular view of the water. With a completely remodeled interior this 3 bedroom/2 bath beach house boasts heartwood pine floors and original 50's bead-board plank paneling. The new kitchen and laundry rooms are fitted with new appliances for a worry free and convenient vacation. This is a boater and fisherman’s paradise with 100ft of beach on the Rappahannock River.
Bring your boat and take advantage of the new dock. There is great fishing and boating on the river or crabbing and shelling along the beach. Full service Greenvale Creek Marina is minutes away by boat or car for access to boat ramp, ships store, bait etc.
In cool weather, cozy up to the fireplace in the living room after a day of sailing, fishing or hunting. The Sunset Cottage is about an hour and a half from Richmond and a little more than two hours from DC. It's close enough for a romantic getaway or a family summer vacation.
• accommodations for up to six (6) guests
• private 60 ft. Dock (4 ft. MLW)
• master suite with spectacular water view
• wood burning fireplace
• HD satellite televisions
• 100 ft. of riverfront beach
• outdoor seating and picnic area
• new kitchen
• gas grill & outdoor crab cooker
Activities and attractions
• merry point ferry
• antique shops in Irvington, Kilmarnock, and Lively
• Tides Inn and local restaurants
• Christ Church, Lee family's Stratford Hall, Washington's birthplace, Belle Isle State Park
• day trips to Williamsburg, Jamestown and Richmond area battlefields, as well as Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens for the kids.
• golf, hike, sail, paddle, fish, crab, swim?…..