Tangerine Terrace is a spacious and quiet vacation rental located off the road behind our other property (vrbo#19396 & vrbo#106980) where we have been proudly serving guests since 2003. Our guests return again and again to enjoy our clean, quiet, safe and comfortable accommodations in a great location that is just 1/2 mile to Nokomis Beach. You can get there via a 10 minute walk on the sidewalk or you can take your car to the beach parking lot which is always free and rarely crowded.
Put the address into Google Maps or Mapquest to see the exact location of this property: 401 Shore Road, Nokomis, FL 34275. Please scroll down to see all our photos and information.
Please note: rates below do not include $75 per stay cleaning fee or 12% local lodging taxes.
This spacious and quiet villa, located in our Tangerine Terrace duplex, is thoughtfully outfitted for your maximum vacation enjoyment. Your home away from home is tastefully appointed, approximately 1100 square feet with an additional 300 square foot lanai, recently remodeled, non-smoking, and has three bedrooms, two baths, living room, eat in kitchen, and a spacious, 300 square foot screened lanai.
In addition to the fabulous location in a beach neighborhood just a 10 minute walk by sidewalk from your villa to Nokomis Beach, we offer excellent amenities:
- Free High Speed Internet via wireless Wi-Fi connection.
- Linens, towels, dishes, pots, pans & utensils provided. Everything you need.
- Luxurious high flow Speakman shower heads with LOTS of water pressure and plenty of hot water.
- 46' Samsung LED HD flat screen TV in the living room.
- 27' TV in the master bedroom.
- The master bedroom and 2nd Bedroom have a queen bed in each. The 3rd Bedroom has two twin beds.
- Your own washer and dryer in the unit.
- Modern state of the art central air and heat.
Fully-equipped with all amenities: dishwasher, smooth top range, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, cordless phone, answering machine, stainless steel pots & pans, dinnerware, etc.
UNIQUE AND FUN THINGS TO DO IN THIS TROPICAL VACATION PARADISE:
We provide a great guest binder in the villa with information about activities and with menus from the great local restaurants.
- Visit the world famous Venice Audubon Rookery where herons, egrets and other birds nest. 8 miles away, free. Peak Season is Winter/Spring. Google 'Venice Audubon Rookery'
- Scuba Dive off of Venice Beach for fossil sharks' teeth including huge Megalodon teeth and other fossils. You can go right in from the shore. 4 miles away. Or go out on a Florida West Scuba School charter boat that will put you right on the best spots. You can also get quickly certified and do your training dives right from the beach where the sharks' teeth are. Visibility is best in April, May & June but divers go year round. Google 'Florida West Scuba School'
-- Enjoy the drum circles at Nokomis Beach every Wednesday and Saturday 1 hour before Sunset. 1/2 mile away. Google 'Nokomis Beach Drum Circle'
-- Go Kayaking with any of several local outfitters. Take a tour, a class, rent a kayak or go to a free kayak demonstration day to try paddling many models for free. You can also rent Kayaks and Canoes at Myakka River State Park and canoes at Oscar Scherer State Park mentioned below. Google 'economy tackle kayak' or 'grande tours placida'
-- Visit Myakka River State Park and walk thru the tree tops on one of the world's few canopy walks. They also have tours on the world's largest airboat for up close views of alligators and other wildlife (airboat tour is $10) 20 miles away. Admission to the State Park is $5 per carload. Google 'Myakka River State Park'
-- Ride a bicycle or walk along our newly completed trails: the Venetian Waterway Park in Venice (10 miles of paved trail along both sides of the intercoastal waterway) and the 12 Mile Legacy Trial from Venice to Sarasota. A trailhead is less than 2 miles away. Google 'Sarasota Legacy Trail' and 'Venetian Waterway Park'
-- Great Fishing and Golfing is plentiful and well known to those who enjoy those sports. The Venice Jetty Fish Camp (1.5 miles away) sells live bait shrimp before dawn to those wishing to fish early.
-- See the threatened Florida Scrub Jay in the wild at Oscar Scherer State Park, just 3 1/2 miles away. You are virtually guaranteed to see them if you go on the ranger led nature walk at 8:30am Sundays January thru March. Other walks are at 8am Thursdays, 8:30am Fridays and there are guided canoe tours Wednesdays at 8:30am. Google 'Oscar Scherer State Park'
-- Eat Grouper sandwiches and other great local seafood at Pelican Alley, Pop's Sunset Grill, Captain Eddie's and Briandi's, all less than 3 miles from your front door.
-- Visit Mote Marine Aquarium in Sarasota and learn about the sea turtles that nest on Nokomis Beach and other area beaches from May to October. 20 miles away. Google 'Mote Marine'
-- Enjoy a cheap thrill at the Greyhound track. 21 miles away. Google 'Sarasota Kennel Club'
-- Explore the area beaches in addition to the one down the street. You can find fossil shark's teeth on the beach at Caspersen in Venice and see the spectacular and famous white sand of Siesta Beach in Sarasota. Google 'Sarasota County Beaches'