Magnificent, Duck Lake Log Home on 5 Privately Wooded Acres
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
A heavily wooded, secluded driveway leads you a short distance to a newly renovated 5000 sq ft private lake home that promises a vacation experience that will last a lifetime. This beautiful, 5 bedroom, 4.5 bath log-style home sleeps up to 10 people. Inside, find something special around every corner…from the old saloon-style pub with cozy stone fireplace to the dramatic great room for comfy gatherings in front of a roaring fire. Step outside and find yourself in a setting that is nothing short of tranquil and charming. A wood plank bridge leads you over a babbling stream that meanders across the property. Continue your stroll down the walkway to the 300 ft of private lakefront where you can relax under the gazebo, fish off the dock or wade into the sandy-bottom, slow sloping…crystal clear waters of Duck Lake. Wake up early, sip your coffee on the porch and you may catch a glimpse of a deer drinking from the stream or of the many ducks, wild turkeys and other critters that visit the property. During the day, spend your time on the lake…swimming, paddle boarding, canoeing, fishing, or simply sitting back and lounging in a beach chair. At sunset, bring your drinks and appetizers down to the lakefront and watch the jaw-dropping sunset, or stay out even later and try to count the shooting stars and constellations.
As far as luxuries and amenities, there are simply too many to describe in their entirety but here are some that are worth pointing out:
• Duck Lake is a 2000 acre, all sports lake located next to the world famous Interlochen Center for the Arts, and just 15 minutes from downtown Traverse City, 25 minutes from Crystal Mountain Ski and Golf Resort, and just 20 miles from the world famous Sleeping Bear Dunes.
• Other local excursions include winery tours (over 25 dot the area), golf courses for every level of play, and river tubing, canoeing, hiking, ATV and biking trails.
The Lake house
• There are 4 fireplaces including massive stone versions on the patio and great room as well as one in the pub and master suite. A lakefront fire-ring is also available for campfires by the water. All firewood is supplied.
• 5 bedrooms include: 2 king bed master suites (one with fireplace), 1 queen bedroom with deep Japanese soaking tub, 1 multi-bed room with one queen and two single beds, and 1 cozy queen bedroom on the main floor.
• The pub contains one queen pull-down murphy-bed and half-bath.
• Bedrooms facing the lake each have large, private walk-out balconies to sit and read a book or listen to the soothing stream.
• A serene yoga platform is located next to the stream for those wishing to shed their stress.
• A highly efficient geothermal system heats and cools the entire house to your perfect temperature.
• Four flat screen TVs including a 70 inch in the great room for family movies and another in the pub for sports!
• A state of the art Sonos sound system is installed for easy linking to your mobile devices and laptops so you can listen to your own music anywhere in the house.
• Powerful wifi available throughout the house and patio areas.
• Fully equipped kitchen, double oven and various modern appliances.
• Plenty of fun for the kids including exploring the woods, swimming and fishing in the lake, jumping off the water trampoline, or even hold a rubber duck race down the stream (rubber ducks provided along with art supplies so everyone can design their own racing duck!).
• Inside, find all kinds of table games, English dartboard, and an old pachinko style pinball machine.
• The walk-out saloon style pub has a wet bar, mini-fridge, and everything else you need for a perfect evening of “bellying up to the bar” and sharing stories, playing cards, or catching the big game on TV.
• A horseshoe pit is just outside the pub door.
• Dining areas include a harvest table that seats 8 and the screened-in porch with additional seating for 8 more. A breakfast bar in the kitchen accommodates 3.
• A catwalk overlooks the great room with an office (including computer and printer) and sitting area.
• A large Weber Gemini gas BBQ is available.
• Spend time on the lake…canoe, kayak, stand-up paddle board and fishing/row-boat…all available for guests to enjoy.
• The large screened-in porch provides a tranquil setting for outdoor meals or just sitting back and relaxing.
• The gentle sloping sand bottom provides the perfect swimming area for children.
• Feel free to bring your own boat (public launch on the lake)…there’s plenty of room to tie it to the dock.
For those wishing to rent a motorized fishing boat, ski boat, pontoon or jet skis, American Boat Rentals (231-645-1191) is 5 minutes away in Interlochen and will deliver to Duck Lake.
• Main level laundry room with large capacity washer/dryer.
• A mid-stay cleaning service is available upon request
• Dogs will be considered
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable:
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Deck / Patio:
Expansive wood deck with boardwalk with bridge that extends over the stream to the lakefront. Enormous outdoor stone fireplace on patio with comfy patio furniture surrounding. Wood provided....moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 1 - May 27, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
2016 Prime Season
May 28 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $250
- Cleaning Fee $250
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Taxes Not included
Rates are subject to change until deposit is received and accepted.
Mid-stay cleaning available upon request ($150)…general clean-up, vacuum floors, house linens/towels laundered.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The perfect location for a lake house vacation in Michigan. Over 40 golf courses all within a short drive including top-ranked Arcadia Bluffs, The Bear, Crystal Mountain and others. Further, first-class Crystal Mountain is only 25 minutes away and offers family fun like a mountain-side alpine slide, paint ball, spa, gym, climbing wall, indoor and outdoor pools, etc. The world-famous Sleeping Bear Dunes are 30 minutes west for a day of hiking and picnicking. Venture out wine-tasting at any of the 25+ charming wineries in the area. Downtown Traverse City is 6 miles north and offers everything from 4 star restaurants, top shopping, and vintage antiquing to theaters and weekly festivals. Visit charming Fishtown for shopping and charter-fishing on Lake Michigan. Tube or canoe several rivers in the area including the Manistee (we can provide locations for tube, canoe and kayak rental and launch points). Catch a weekend concert at the Interlochen outdoor stage (previous shows like Harry Connick, Steely Dan, ZZ Top, Styx, Sheryl Crowe, Melissa Etheridge, Steely Dan, Trace Adkins, etc). Three top-notch casinos are from 20 to 30 minutes away. The all new Incredible Mo's is 4 miles away and provides indoor fun for kids like bowling, laser tag, laser maze, bocce ball, and tons of video games. Even take in a family-friendly Traverse City Beach Bum's minor league baseball game. For those wishing to rent a motorized fishing boat, ski boat, pontoon or jet skis, American Boat Rentals (231-645-1191) is 5 minutes away in Interlochen and will deliver to Duck Lake.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: I'm from the Midwest and Kate is from Canada. We first started visiting Traverse City because it was a good mid-point for our families to get together. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to make it our second home.
Why the Owner Chose Grawn, MI, USA:
For us, growing up and spending our summers with family and friends at a 'lake house' created lifelong memories. When it came time to decide where to build our own dream 'lake house' we knew we wanted to be in the Traverse City area. No place else combines the variety of activities and culture with the beauty and peacefulness of the Northwoods. So, from the moment we stepped foot on our Duck Lake property we knew we had found the perfect place for family and friends to create everlasting memories.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
We completely rebuilt and expanded the home in 2012. We took meticulous care in maintaining the original rustic look by creating an authentic barn-wood interior from local barns. We then added many contemporary touches for comfort. There are some special amenities and surprises that will really make your stay extra memorable. The Rubber Duck race is always a hit: Have everyone decorate their own rubber duck and the race them down the stream that crosses the property (we supply the ducks for you). Or, build a large crackling fire in the outdoor fireplace and crash on the patio furniture…we've even had some guests decide to just spend the entire night out there under the stars…'too comfortable to get up.' Duck Lake is the perfect size…not too large not too small. Boat traffic is light and fishing is great. In fact…some of the best fishing in the entire lake is RIGHT OFF OUR DOCK!!
- Primary: +1 847-423-0337
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The rustic great room with roaring fire and soaring, beamed ceiling.
Front of Duck Lake Lodge, with plank walk to lakefront. Large porch & bbq area.
Relaxing on the lakefront gazebo deck…with a drink in hand during sunset.
Our large south room has two comfy twin beds and a queen.
The skylight room has a queen size bed and balcony overlooking the lake.
Kitchen with all the amenities, double oven, disposal, two sinks, large fridge.
Master suite #1- King with feathertop, fireplace, flat screen tv, large balcony
The office on the catwalk has a Mac and printer all hooked up to wifi.
The Pub downstairs is cozy and ready for a night of gathering.
The Pub has board games, english dartboard, and queen murphy bed with half bath.
Guests decorate their own ducks for the famous Duck Lake Lodge rubber duck race down the stream
A yoga/meditation platform with the sound of the babbling stream surrounding you
Front of Duck Lake Lodge facing the lake, huge outdoor stone fireplace on patio.
Another sunset from the dock.
View from horseshoe pit…bedroom balconies, outdoor fireplace, screened-in porch.
The Skylight room also has a deep air-jet tub.
Our lakefront gazebo during the fall. The dogs love it too!
The cozy garden room has a queen bed with flat screen and large closet.
Master suite #2- King bed with large bathroom, walk-in closet, lake view balcony
The Pub has a wood-burning fireplace, 60 inch flat screen, with walk-out patio.
Both master suites have large bathrooms with walk-in showers and walk-in closets
The private entrance to Duck Lake Lodge
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM