Modern 3 Bedroom, 3.5 Bathroom Home 5 Minute Drive to Downtown
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-6 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
This new 3 bedroom, 3 and one-half bath in-city residence is located on the west edge of Seattle's Madrona neighborhood; and not more than a three to four minute drive to the Washington State Convention Center and the heart of the downtown Seattle business and shopping districts (1.25 miles away).
Elegantly simple in design, this home maximizes the residents' sense of privacy, while the main and upper levels offer great territorial views, including the Cascade Mountain Range. New green Energy Star construction, this home offers radiant floor heating, on-demand hot water, upscale fixtures and appliances.
The spacious great room is located on the main level, with a comfortable living and dining area with a gas fireplace and large flat screen TV. The designer kitchen is fully equipped for small or large gatherings. There is also a half-bath/powder room on this level.
The home's barrel-shaped roof enhances the feeling of space on the upper level, where the vaulted ceilings and large windows draw in light and views. Master and a second bedroom are located here, both are furnished with queen-sized beds and each bedroom has its own private full bath. Also on this level, you'll find a utility room with washer, dryer, ironing board and iron.
The third bedroom and its adjacent three-quarter bath is on the lower level and overlooks a partially enclosed garden area. The single car garage, perfect for mid sized or compact cars is also located on this level and there is an automatic garage door opener for your use.
All bedrooms are furnished with luxury hotel mattresses and linens.
Whether your visit is short or long, this location is a springboard for getting around Seattle. Bus, drive or walk in any direction and you'll find something of interest:
1. The upscale Madrona business district begins six blocks east of the home, where you'll find restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques, parks and playgrounds.
2. Capital Hill begins 10 blocks north of the home and is known for its historic and stately mansions, Volunteer Park and the Asia Museum, restaurants, galleries, shops, clubs and nightlife.
3. Madison Park is a 3 - 4 minute drive northeast, where you'll find more restaurants, coffee shops and a lovely park and stretch of beach along Lake Washington.
4. University of Washington's Arboretum is a 7 - 8 minute drive north.
5. Lake Union is a 5 minute drive west, where seaplanes take off and land regularly, the Center for Wooden Boats is there (boat rentals available) and the annual Fourth of July Fireworks are held on the lake.
6. Drive past Lake Union and you'll be looking at the Seattle Center, home of the Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, Experience Music Project, Seattle Children's Museum and the new Chihuly Garden and Glass.
7. You are literally a few minutes drive to downtown's Benaroya Hall, Pioneer Square, the Seattle Waterfront where you'll find the Seattle Aquarium, shops, restaurants, the new Seattle Great Wheel and the Washington State Ferry Terminal.
8. You are not more than a 10 minute drive to both Safeco Field where the Mariner's baseball team plays and CenturyLink Field where the Seahawk football games are held.
9. If you want to explore the greater Seattle area, you'll find you are a few minutes drive to I-5 and 520 and about a 10 minute drive to access I-90.
10. If you're relocating and interested in the many wonderful private and public schools in Seattle, you couldn't be in a better location - you will find you are surrounded by them.
AND, when you book I'll send you my complete list of places to visit, restaurants I recommend, local markets, coffee shops, etc.
The simple clean lines and decor of this home provides a warm, modern setting for large family gatherings, weddings parties, reunions, conferences, workshops, etc.
Member since: 2008
- 1920 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 22 - Nov 28, 2016
6 night min stay
Christmas/New Year 2016
Dec 21 - Jan 2, 2017
6 night min stay
Memorial Day Weekend 2017
May 25 - May 30, 2017
4 night min stay
Jun 1 - Sep 4, 2017
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee $25
- Non-taxable housekeeping $195 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 9.5%
Long terms renters are most welcome. This is a great location for anyone relocating to Seattle. Monthly rates for multiple months bookings are somewhat negotiable.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Wonderful urban area to enjoy all that Seattle has to offer, with easy access to freeways and ferries to reach greater Puget Sound, where you'll find:
Hiking - Mt Rainier and Cascade are an hour+ away
Hot Air Ballooning
Skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing
and more ~
Living area of great room
Kitchen area of great room
Master bedroom on upper level of home
Second bedroom on upper level
Third bedroom on lower level with private patio.
View of Cascade Mountains from upper level
Kitchen and dining area of great room
Dining area of great room
Bathroom off master bedroom
Second bathroom on upper level
Three-quarter bath off lower level bedroom
Street view of home
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM