Spacious Custom Log Home Overlooking Dale Hollow Lake(35 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5-6 nights
- Property type:Chalet
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
6 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 19
The great room features two-story vaulted ceilings with a towering stone fireplace and a wall of windows to take in the lake view. The first floor is open concept so even if you have kitchen duty you can still interact with everyone. The lower level offers a game room equipped with fireplace, pool table, Foosball table, poker table, games, and puzzles. Their is enough room throughout the home that large groups can congregate without feeling cramped.
While you can enjoy beautiful views of the lake from the Chalet, you will access the lake via one of the nearby marinas. There is not direct lake access from the Chalet.
You will be comfortable throughout the year with central heat and air and ceiling fans throughout the home. If your muscles are aching after hiking the hills or a day on the lake, soak them in the spacious hot tub.
• Main floor includes great room with fireplace, stereo, 60 inch TV, bay window reading area, kitchen, dining room, 1/2 bath, master bedroom with 43 inch TV and full bathroom, and stairs to upper and lower levels. The front porch is covered and the back deck runs the length of the house. In addition to seating the back deck also offers a large propane grill and extra large hot tub.
• Upper Level includes two bedrooms (the Horse room and the Red, White and Blue Room), a full bathroom, an open loft are, and access to a small covered deck.
• The Lower level includes three bedrooms (the Mickey Mouse Room, Cowboy room, and Blue room), a full bathroom with laundry, and game room with 55 inch TV, VCR, pool table, Fooseball, and card table.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2014
- 3800 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 19
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Children are welcome at the Chalet. However, we have not toddler-proofed Chalet. There are stairs, sharp edged counters, stone fireplace hearths, and other items they could stumble and fall into or otherwise discover and harm themselves. proceed under this advisement. ...moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 19, Beds for 19
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- A few things to consider. The Chalet sits at the end of a ridge and is accessed by a gravel road. The road is approximately 40 feet wide with forested hills on either side. There is a large hill with a steep grade at the entrance to the property. Therefore leaving the Chalet in a two-wheel drive vehicle requires speed and momentum to carry you up and over the hill, especially if you are loaded down with people and coolers. If you are towing a boat, we recommend you rent a slip at one of the nearby marinas and drop the boat off before you arrive at the Chalet. It is possible to bring a small boat down to the Chalet (24 feet or less), but you will need four-wheel drive to get out over the hill if you are towing a boat. The chalet is surrounded by forest and sits on top of a ridge. Therefore, it is not practical to get to the lake from the Chalet. We recommend accessing the lake via one of the nearby marinas....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Pool Table:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Lake View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 15 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
Plenty of parking for multiple cars. There is a steep hill as you exit the property; requiring quick acceleration at the bottom to gain momentum and reach the top in a two-wheel drive vehicle...moreless
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 25 - Sep 10, 2017
6 night min stay
Nov 19 - Nov 28, 2017
5 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 6, 2018
5 night min stay
Nov 16 - Nov 30, 2018
5 night min stay
Dec 14 - Jan 4, 2019
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $100 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Cleaning Fee $175
- Tax Rate 10%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Activities at Dale Hollow: Boating, Kayaking, Fishing, Swimming, Golfing, Hiking, Biking, Riding, Scuba Diving.
• Mammoth Cave National Park
• Corvette Museum
• Cave City
• Cumberland Falls State Park
• Cordell Hull Birthplace and State Park
• South Fork National Park
• East Fork Stables
• Highland Manner Winery
• Holly Ridge Winery
• Historic Rugby
• Sgt. Alvin C. York Historic Park
• Pond Mennonite Settlement
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: Hi, we are the owners, Ted and Terry Myers. We love the outdoors and especially this beautiful lake. Over the years we frequently vacationed at Dale Hollow Lake. In 2000 we rented a cabin on the lake and dreamed of having our own. During that vacation we met a log home builder who also had lake view property for sale so you can guess what happened. We purchased the property and began the planning process for building our own log home. The building of the chalet was a family affair so we took great pride in the work quality completing 80% ourselves. A year later the home was complete and we have been enjoying it with friends and family since 2001. Now we have decided to open it up to you. We feel very blessed to have the Chalet and choose to pass that blessing on to others by donating a week's vacation at the Chalet to various charitable groups. Since we began renting the Chalet in 2014 we have donated over 10 weeks. Our goal is to donate 10% of our gross revenue annually, and we have far exceeded that number to date. We are truly blessed. Ted was born in New York and moved around quite a bit as a military kid. His father's last post was at WPAFB in Dayton Ohio. Terry was born and raised in Ohio and met Ted when they both worked retail during college. We married after graduation and a few years later moved to Kentucky and we have been here since.
Why the Owner Chose Burkesville, KY, USA:
Imagine traveling down a county maintained gravel road for a mile. At the end of the road sits a beautiful log home for your vacation. Surrounded by woodlands, some of which are owned by the Army Corp of Engineers, your only visitors will be squirrels, deer, and turkey by day and owls by night. Friends and family who have stayed with us say there is something about staying at the Happy Hill Chalet that makes you sleep better at night. It could be its secluded location, it could be a day of fun on the lake, hiking, or ATV riding, it could be relaxing on the back deck or in the hot tub, or the comfortable beds, but whatever it is it seems to work if you need to rest.
The Unique Benefits at this Chalet:
Large enough to accommodate a group of 19 without feeling like your are crowding each other, yet cozy enough for smaller groups. With 3,800 square feet inside plus upper and lower decks on both the front and back of the home, you will have plenty of room to come together or have some separate space.
- Primary: +502 321-7173
Links to more information:
Front of chalet
Access to lower back deck from the NE side
View from the front door. Kitchen to the left, dinning room to the right.
Kitchen with additional seating at the island. Two large refrigerators.
Family room leading to upper level deck and view of the lake.
Master Bedroom - King bed and en suite
Horse Room - 1 Queen, 1 Twin overlooking the west side of the Chalet
Card table has complete set up for poker.
Cowboy Room - 1 queen bed
Balcony off the Red White and Blue Room.
Mickey Mouse Room - Queen and twin bunk beds
The back deck runs the length of the Chalet. Grill and eating area to the left.
View of the Chalet as you approach from the gate.
Front porch and entry into Chalet
Enjoy the wood burning fireplace while you relax in one of three recliners.
Family room, looking back into the dinning room and kitchen
December sunrise from the upper back deck. Note: zoom used in picture
Game Room with pool table, poker table, and phose ball table
Blue room downstairs has a queen and twin bunk beds.
Red, White & Blue Room has a Queen and twin Bunk Beds. Exits into the top deck.
Mickey Mouse Room - Queen and Twin Bunk Beds
View from the back deck
Enjoy the view while you relax in the hot tub.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.