Our Hill Top Studio has ocean views and 2 out door Lanai's and yes the wonderful sound of the ocean. The home has a King size bed. Fully equipped kitchen with granite counter tops. The Hill Top Studio is located on the top of the estate, there is a large outdoor lanai and BBQ. Relax and enjoy our breathtaking views as your drinking morning coffee or sipping wine in the evenings. Air Mattress for extra guest. Home is 600 sq. ft.
- Estate600 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay5 - 10 nights
Ocean View Studio
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 15, 2018
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
never do these reviews so don't know what to say. but ill be simple. Nice clean place. really enjoyed the stay. great view and owner was very courteous and pleasant. had zero problems and we enjoyed every bit of the time spent.
Million Dollar View ..... ! Wow
Wonderful Experience , great host - nice property - best place to stay in Oahu....!
Beautiful Home and View/ Great Owners
We truly enjoyed our stay. We had everything we needed to enjoy our time there. The owners were amazing! Thanks for a wonderful time!
We have spent 2 very pleasant weeks in the Hill Top Studio and are looking forward to another week. It has been so quiet and private up here. A new screen door has been installed during our visit, we leave the windows open most of the time and the weather has been so perfect no AC has been needed even if we did have it. During the day the view can't be beat (I think) and at night we can lay in bed and see the lights from the Marine Base across the bay. When I first saw the loft, I thought, no one would want to sleep up here, but my 11 year old grandson spent the night and he loved it up there. One of the best beaches on the island is only a 10 - 15 minute drive away. (Who would think one would have beach access when you are located on the side of a mountain!) Nick, the owner, has even brought our paper up several times - thanks, Nick. One negative - I still haven't seen any Thursday night sail boat races.
NO BEACH ACCESS. Run down and poorly maintained.
First and foremost, it really could be anice little place, but definitely needs a little TLC. We were in the 1 bedroom guest house.
The views are incredible, it's across the street from the bay, so we really enjoyed waking up in the morning and overlooking it from the patio. (5 stars for views)
That being said, we would NOT stay here again. Reasons why-
1. There is NO BEACH ACCESS. Yes, I know, shocking because of the pictures right? This house is across the road from the beach, and there isn't any public beach access since its all private homes along the water. The listing says "listen to the waves crash gently..." You CANT hear the waves, the house is like 1/4 mile up in the mountains, NOT close to the water like the pictures lead you to believe.
2. No screen on the patio slider. So in order to leave the doors open to "feel the tradewinds breeze through our home" (again as they say in the listing) you must subject yourself to TONS of bugs. How expensive can it be to put a screen door in?!
3. No Air conditioning, and since the house is built into the side of a mountain, it gets very damp and muggy.
4. Game room was a joke. Could be nice if it was well maintained, but it's not. The pool table looks like the felt was run through a cheese grater, and the surface on the pingpong table was literally peeling off.
5. 1/2 of the grill burners were broken, having fallen down inside the grill. So grilling wasn't an option either.
6. Cleanliness. Apparently they used someone else to clean since their normal cleaning lady was sick. When we arrived, the outside of the refrigerator was disgusting, the shower had hair and bugs in the bottom & the shower door was covered in soap scum. The bed had hair in it when we pulled the sheets back, & the floor boards looked like they hadn't been cleaned in 3 years.
7. The jacuzzi that they try to sell you on in the listing.. it sucks. Didn't get hot enough, and some of the jets are broken. Worthless.
I spoke with them about our complaints, and they did send the normal cleaning lady to re-clean the condo. However, they completely ignored the rest of the complaints, and did not even acknowledge when I told them I thought it was rude how misleading their listing is.. Not good customer service at all.
Not a good experience at the Hill Top Studio. Perhaps other units on this property are better...?
I rented this Hill Top Studio unit because of the view, which is lovely. When I arrived, I was disappointed to find the studio was shabbier than the photos made it appear. The screen on the window facing the bay was flapping in the wind. A staff told me it was a "magnetized" screen, so I tried to anchor the screen to the window frame to keep the bugs out. That didn't work. The screen continued to flap in the wind.The hot tub was not hot and the water was not clean. The worst problem though was the air quality in the unit. Within a half hour of arriving there, I was sick. I am much more sensitive to mold than most people, but I became so ill inside the unit, I had to go outside and ended up sleeping outside on the driveway. Definitely not the way I wanted to spend my first night in Hawaii at a place I paid thousands of dollars for. Because of the air quality, I had to leave the place completely after my one night of sleeping in the driveway. The manager of the Hill Top Studio said there was no problem with the unit and I must have gotten sick on the plane. That is definitely not what happened, though I think other people, who aren't as sensitive as I am, may not have a problem with the place. I lost all the money I had paid in advance for my 3 week stay. And on top of that, I had to find and pay for a second place. The manager said they would commission an air quality test, which they apparently did. But now, over a month and a half after I left the place, I have still not seen the results of the air quality test, though the manager told me the test was negative and that she tried to send me the report. But even if the air quality test shows nothing, let me warn anyone who has respiratory sensitivities, this probably won't be a healthy place for you. It's very damp, at the least. It's probably a good party pad for a bunch of healthy young men who want to hang out, drink beer and barbecue, but for me, the Hill Top Studio was a health challenge and a financial disaster. Over the years, I've stayed in at least 30 online vacation rentals. This is the first time I've ever had any problem at all.
Kailua Beach was rated one of the most beautiful beaches in the world by Island Magazine and is only 3 mins away.
The Estate is at the beautiful Kaneohe Bay, on the Island of Oahu, Hawaii – Home of Hawaii's only Barrier Reef. It is about 3-miles from world famous Kailua Beach, known for its clear blue water and powder soft white sand.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Tax ID# W10311528-02 In compliance with the Revised Ordinances of the City & County of Honolulu, the Property will be made available to you for your use and occupancy for a period of thirty (30) days from the Arrival Date. If your scheduled stay is for a period of less than 30 days, you may extend your stay by paying for each additional day that you occupy the Property at the same daily rate per night, payable in advance of your arrival. If you do not wish to extend your scheduled stay and vacate the Property before the end of the 30 day period, the Property will remain vacant through the end of the scheduled 30 day period.