Jewel in the Middle of Historic District, Gated Courtyards with Fountains(3 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 Bedrooms, 2 Full Baths, Powder Rm, Lr, Dr, Exquisite Kitchen, Family Rm, 3 Fp
Double courtyards offer private outdoor space and dining both containing fountains, plants, and flowers. There are beautiful wrought iron gates that lock for security and privacy, an outdoor lighting system for an easy entry after an evening out, and a home security system. There is parking inside the gate or directly outside the gate on the street for your convenience should you need your car. Take a look at this extraordinary property and immerse yourself in everything that historic and modern Charleston has to offer. And at the end of a full day of sightseeing, you are only a quick walk or bicycle-cab away from the house.
Walk everywhere you want to be in downtown Charleston in minutes. The house is literally only steps away from numerous sights: Gibbes Museum of Art, the newly renovated Historic Charleston City Market, Customs House Museum, Slave Museum, Dock Street Theater, Footlights Players Theater, St. Phillip’s Church and Cemetery, the Circular Congregational Church (with weekly concerts), South Carolina’s Aquarium, numerous art galleries, restaurants, antique shops, and unique shopping.
Within a short walk of the house are the Cooper River with its popular quay-side park for walking and jogging; restaurants (Husk, Cru, Magnolias, Fig, Hanks, Ansons); beautiful historic homes and cobblestone streets to walk day or night that make you feel like you have stepped back in time (walking tours are the best way to experience downtown Charleston’s charm).
And don’t forget other destinations such as the ferry to Fort Sumter, tours to Magnolia Plantation and gardens, Folly Beach, and lots of golf opportunities. There is a reason Charleston has been named the number one city in the world by Conde Nast, and if you want to know what it feels like to actually live in this beautiful city, Trott’s Cottage is your opportunity to experience the magic.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 2300 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Bedroom #1 (front room) has a four-poster bed with a memory foam mattress (extremely comfortable with great support). Also contains antique drop down top desk, chest of drawers, and end tables. Also fireplace and mantle (not functional). This bedroom accesses bath by going through BR #2 (or using powder room) Bedroom #2 (rear bedroom) is part of the master bedroom suite consisting of sitting room, bedroom, and bath. Bedroom contains French carved wood bed with new queen size mattress/box spring, two chests, 3 closets, and balcony overlooking St. Philip's Church cemetery (whose bells chime the quarter-hour). Sitting area contains sitting area with French doors overlooking courtyards and washer/dryer/ironing board. Also has access to spiral staircase leading down to courtyard/ Bedroom #3 is a library/bedroom and contains a French iron day bed, two bookcases, desk/chair and walk-in closet. Has fireplace and mantle (not functional). A second full bath is next to this bedroom....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Please note that we cannot accommodate renters with children. Car not needed as location is in the midst of restaurants, museums, shopping, and theaters. However, one spot is available for renters in the inner courtyard and there is also residential parking on the street in front of the driveway....moreless
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $99
- Tax Rate 9.5%
The weekly rate is for six nights
Check-in: 4:00 pm and check-out: 11:00 am
Cleaning charge: $150
Insurance protection required at booking
Standard rate is not in effect during the Spoleto Festival
25% of the deposit made at the time of booking is non-refundable. However, if sufficient notice of cancellation is provided and the rental can be re-booked, the full deposit will be refunded.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
The house is only steps away from numerous sights: Gibbes Museum of Art, Historic Charleston City Market, Customs House Museum, Slave Museum, Dock Street Theater, Footlights Players Theater, St. Phillip’s Church and Cemetery, the Circular Congregational Church (with weekly concerts), numerous art galleries, restaurants, antique shops, and great shopping. Within a short walk are the Cooper River with park and restaurants, historic homes and scenic walks, South Carolina Aquarium, and of course, more restaurants and places to have fun. And don’t forget other destinations such as the ferry to Fort Sumter, Magnolia Plantation and gardens, and lots of golf opportunities.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Owner is a chef and caterer. The kitchen is designed and fully equipped to meet all your needs. We chose this location because it is in walking distance off great restaurants, museums, theaters, and shopping.
Why the Owner Chose French Quarter, Charleston, SC, USA:
This is our dream house. We've always loved Charleston and visited nearly every year. We bought the house earlier this year and plan on retiring here eventually. When we're here at Trott's Cottage, we enjoy all that downtown Charleston has to offer. Now our guests can do the same.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love historic homes and this house is one of the most interesting in Charleston. It is steeped in history.
- Primary: 2035203984
- Secondary: +1 2035203981 Jim Licari
- Tertiary: +1 2035814463 Steven Licari
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.