This beautiful modern home is situated on the top of a mountainside with views of the Continental Divide and the surrounding Rocky Mountains. Enjoy a wrap-around deck with breathtaking panoramic views outside and three large bedrooms with an open floor plan inside.
The first floor features a modern kitchen and an open dinning room and living room area with a wood-burning fireplace. There’s more than enough seating in this space for you and your guests to enjoy the views from the wall of large south and westward facing windows. There is a large storage closet for outdoor gear, ski equipment and coats. The master suite is located on this floor, as well as a half bathroom with a washer/dryer unit.
The second floor features two large, tastefully decorated bedrooms. Between the two rooms, you’ll find a comfortable pullout couch and a television with a DVD and Xbox player. There’s a full bathroom located on this level, as well.
The master suite is located on the first floor. It features a large bathroom with a two person tiled shower, two large windows facing south and east and a king sized bed and a large dresser for clothing storage. There’s also a flat screen television with a built in DVD player. Please note, the closet is locked in this bedroom, but there is plenty of room for clothing storage.
The second bedroom features a plush double bed, a large east-facing window with woodland and mountain views, a privacy screen for luggage and hanged clothing and a built in dresser for clothing storage. This bedroom has a large vaulted ceiling. Please note, the closet is locked in this bedroom, but there is plenty of space for clothing storage within the room.
The third bedroom features a comfortable queen sized bed with plush bedding, a large closet for clothing storage, a large west-facing window with mountain views is featured here, as well. Enjoy a large selection of novels and books about world travel collected by the owners. This bedroom has a large vaulted ceiling.
About solar living: We rely on the energy of the sun to heat and power the home. While it’s different than on-the-grid living, it’s surprisingly simple to maintain and enjoy. There are a few things to be aware of, but it won’t greatly impact your stay. In the winter months, guests will want to light a fire in the wood stove at night, but most of the day you’ll stay toasty warm thanks to great insulation and radiant floor heating. Please note that the use of hairdryers, space heaters and high wattage appliances cannot be used. Laptop computers and the like, are a-okay, but you won’t want to use these once you see this view. If the home does not have enough solar power to operate, a generator will come on. This is quiet and located on the far side of the utility building which is a about 20 feet from the house.
What to do while you’re here:
Everything is within reach here at the Raven’s Nest.
• Denver is a beautiful 50 minutes drive down I-70.
• Skiing and snow adventuring: Vail Resort is one hour away, Loveland Ski Resort is a short 25 minute drive, and Winter Park is just 50 minutes away. (Depending on road conditions, of course)
• Echo Lake on Mount Evans is a beautiful 30 minute drive where you and your group can hike and take-in the beautiful mountain setting in the summer or ice skate and sled in the winter.
• Take a river or lake fishing trip just a few minutes from the house.
• Enjoy mountain bike trail riding or running from your front door.
• Try-out a white water rafting trip down clear creek in the town of Idaho Springs – a quick ten minute drive from the home or a 20 minute mountain bike ride from the house.
• The home is located between Idaho Springs and Georgetown - two interesting towns with roots in the mining industry with many attractions and things to explore.
• Need a rest from all of that adventuring? Spend a day at Indian Hot Springs or one of the many hot springs nearby.
• Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre is 30 minutes away.