Located in the heart of the charming and fashionable Marais neighborhood (4th arrondissement) in the center of Paris, this fully renovated and beautifully maintained apartment possesses the perfect balance of historic beauty combined with high-tech modern conveniences: from ultra high-speed fiber optic WIFI Internet, to a state-of-the-art Miele clothes washer and dryer. Ideal for couples, individuals, or a couple of friends who want to spend the perfect holiday in an authentically Parisian apartment without sacrificing any modern comforts, this apartment is a luxurious and incredibly comfortable haven in the heart of one of the most desirable and safe neighborhoods to be in. Located on the 3rd floor (2nd by European standards) with an elevator right to the door of the apartment, this apartment looks onto two beautiful and quiet courtyards making it a particularly peaceful haven. Foodies will fall in love with the array of eateries surrounding the apartment and some of the best restaurants in the city, and those with a taste for fashion will find themselves in the middle of a seemingly unending labyrinth of designer boutiques mixed among high fashion shops and art galleries.
LOCATION: As a resident of a centuries-old building on a beautiful winding granite cobbled street, which even by Parisian high standards is considered a particularly beautiful and charming street, you will have museums, art galleries, incredible food and the latest in fashion at your doorstep. It is also just steps away from the beautiful Place des Vosges, numerous museums, parks and the river quays for romantic walks along the Seine. Additionally, the shops and restaurants in this neighborhood have the unique distinction of being open on Sundays, a rarity in Paris, which gives you the convenience of having everything you need available to you 7 days a week. The neighborhood is so popular on Sundays that the streets are closed off to cars and the area becomes a pedestrian zone for the day.
SLEEPING: Fall asleep on the highest quality mattress and crisp white pressed linens on a 160cm x 200cm bed (larger than a US queen size bed) that ensures very restful nights in the bedroom. Additionally, the sofabed in the living room amazes guests with its comfortable and incredibly firm full-size mattress that is 160cm x 200cm (also larger than a US queen size bed). The glass wall between the living room and bedroom has a black-out curtain that slides across for privacy or to keep the bedroom dark for someone who likes to sleep late while others enjoy the living room. The large windows fill the apartment with natural light year-round, while the black-out shades on all the windows allow you to sleep late or go to bed early if you need to transition to the time change; this is particularly useful in the summer when it can be light out until as late as 11:00pm!
* 2 guests are asked to use 1 bed. If 2 guests would like to use separate beds, please indicate 3 guests when making the booking.
EATING: A white stone counter top and white glass cabinets conceal a full service kitchen that is ideal for picking up food at local markets and at nearby bakeries, cheese, chocolate and wine shops and enjoying in the apartment. The kitchen includes a dishwasher, oven-microwave, cook-top, and built-in aeration hood and lighting. A short walk from one of the biggest open-air food markets in Paris at the nearby Bastille, foodies will find themselves in culinary heaven with both internationally lauded haute-cuisine, as well as up and coming restaurants and bistrots surrounding the apartment.
OVERVIEW OF AMENITIES:
• Secure building with coded entry and two copies of your own key.
• NON-SMOKING apartment and amenities.
• Elevator (only 1 in 200 buildings in this historic neighborhood has an elevator!).
• Full size Miele clothes washer AND separate Miele clothes dryer (available for stays 7 days or longer).
• An espresso and coffee machine (including a Nespresso coffee supply).
• A supply of delicious Madeleine pastries to complement your morning coffee.
• Unlimited ultra high-speed fiber optic WIFI Internet connection.
• Flat screen HD television with hundreds of cable channels included.
• FREE unlimited phone calls to anywhere in France, to the USA and Canada, as well as unlimited calling to landlines in hundreds of countries including the UK, continental Europe, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina and Brazil, among many others.
• A fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, oven-microwave, large refrigerator (by Parisian standards) cook-top and built-in aeration.
• An excellent bottle of wine awaiting you upon arrival.
• Fresh flowers.
• The highest quality mattress and linens ensure very restful nights.
• Spacious rain shower with heated towel rack in the bathroom.
• Detailed guide to the apartment and neighborhood, including restaurant recommendations.
• 200 year-old solid oak flooring.
• Original elegant white Carrara marble fireplace.
• High quality hypoallergenic duvets/comforters and pillows, towels and sheets.
• Hair dryer.
• You will be personally greeted upon arrival, shown to the apartment and given a thorough orientation to the apartment and neighborhood.
• 3 minutes from the Metro, putting you at the Louvre, Champs Elysées and Arc de Triomphe in minutes (or you can easily walk as well).
• There are no extra charges (except for extra guests): cable TV, long distance calling, WIFI, wine, coffee, pastries, utilities and taxes are all included.