A Choptank River Estate with 150 Private Ac/Beach/Pool/Sleeps 20(31 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Estate
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
7 Bedrooms, 4 Full And 2 Half Baths, Sleeps 20
A Country Estate nestled on a high bank of the Choptank River with unparalleled views of one of Chesapeake Bays highly traveled waterways.
Blue Water Farm…. This waterfront residence, on a 150 acre farm, was built in the early 1940’s by a doctor who wanted a weekend residence away from the hectic pace of his New York and Philadelphia practice. The property is situated on the Choptank River, a tributary of the Chesapeake Bay. This family estate is a sportsman’s paradise with abundant waterfowl (it is in the Atlantic “flyway” of the migrating ducks and geese) and provides some of the best fishing and boating activity on the East Coast.
A mile long private lane offers a beautifully landscaped transition from the hustle and bustle of urban activity to a charming Georgian colonial residence.
The center hall leads to a large living room with fireplace and bay window overlooking the river. The reading nook leads to a cheerful dining room with another bay window. The main floor also includes a separate wet bar, a powder room and large porch with a fireplace over-looking the swimming pool and the river. A butler’s pantry and a family kitchen connect the main house to the secondary house which includes two pine paneled bedrooms with a full bath, a first floor bedroom with full bath, and a laundry room. The second floor of the main house contains a large master bedroom with a fireplace and a half bath and two bedrooms with a full bath.
The views from the main house and the pool house offer unparalleled views of the Choptank River, which is an ever changing panoroma of wildlife, fishing and pleasure boats, sunrises, and a fascinating montage of changing weather and sea patterns. Blue Water Farm is a haven for the urban commuter and an ideal place to bring the family.
Member since: 2014
- 6000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 20
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
The Pool House is wheelchair accessible. Pool House is all one level, large sliding doors on 2 sides for easy access with use of a wheelchair. Pool House has 1 bedroom with a queen bed, bathroom, kitchen and 2 sofa beds, fire place, gaming area and the best views of the river and pool, a true delight!!!!...moreless
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 16-20
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Pool Table
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 13 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
A great kitchen that has just been updated with granite counter tops, large island, butlers pantry, walk-in pantry, 2 separate sinks, commercial grade microwave, new dishwasher, stocked cabinets!...moreless
crab steamers, crab hammers, condiment bowls, blender, 2 crock pots, Foreman grill, griddle, all sizes of casserole dishes, baking pans, roasting pan, pizza pan, mixing bowls, serving platters & bowls...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 6 - May 19, 2017
3 night min stay
May 20 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 10 - Apr 28, 2018
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 11%
Rates subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
There’s a lot to love in the Heart of the Chesapeake
On Maryland’s Eastern Shore, Dorchester County has more shoreline than any other county in Maryland. From the Chesapeake Bay to the Choptank and Nanticoke Rivers to dramatic marshland, water is central to life here. Watermen (and women) still harvest crab, oysters, clams, and fish from these waters. You’ll find fresh and local seafood on the menu in nearly every restaurant.
Dorchester offers a mix of old and new, of wide open spaces and charming small towns. You’ll find unspoiled landscapes and nature to admire at Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge and throughout the county. Dramatic vistas of unspoiled countryside and marshland create the perfect backdrop for incredible sunsets. No wonder Dorchester draws outdoor enthusiasts, birders, photographers, hunters, cyclists, boaters, paddlers, and others from near and far.
At the same time, you’ll find award-winning restaurants, a vibrant arts scene, and independent, locally owned shops in our largest city, Cambridge, home to 12,000 residents.
Centrally located in the Chesapeake Bay region and with a shape that resembles a heart, Dorchester is known as the Heart of the Chesapeake. We’re easy to get to: about 1.5 hours from Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and less than three hours from Philadelphia.
Find out more about the area online at TourDorchester.org and in person at the Dorchester County Visitor Center, 2 Rose Hill Place in Cambridge.
• The 30,000 acres at Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, called the Everglades of the North, provide a home for bald eagles, herons, egrets, and more. Outdoor Photographer magazine called the refuge one of the top 25 spots worldwide where professional nature photographers go. Of course, everyday photographers and nature lovers find plenty to enjoy there, too.
• It’s easy to get out on the water here, whether or not you have a boat. Join one of the weekly sails on the skipjack Nathan of Dorchester. Take a cruise on a paddlewheeler. Rent a kayak or charter a fishing boat. And if you have your own boat, there are 20 free boat ramps and several marinas around the county, plus plenty of quiet, uncrowded anchorages.
• We’re known for our crab cakes (not to mention steamed crabs, cream of crab soup, and crab any which way). Crab cakes at Old Salty’s and Suicide Bridge restaurants recently earned ink in Southern Living and USA Today. Jimmie & Sook’s cream of crab soup was named among the top 10 in Maryland by the Baltimore Sun. Oysters are also a claim to fame. Dorchester is home to a growing number of oyster farms, in addition to the traditional methods of oystering. You’ll find fresh and local seafood on the menus of most of our restaurants.
• Famed Underground Railroad conductor Harriet Tubman was born in Dorchester and led her escapes to freedom from here. Find out more about the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Byway at HarrietTubmanByway.org.
• Bicycling for all ages is increasingly popular in Dorchester, as are endurance events such as triathlons, and running, swimming, and cycling races and events. The ChesapeakeMan triathlon was named among the top 10 worldwide. See the list of 2014 endurance events at http://www.tourdorchester.org/attraction.php?attraction=547&category=63&ac=547,63.
Butlers Pantry adjacent to the Main Kitchen.
Plenty of room to prepare the family meal.
The family room flows out to the screened-in porch that overlooks the pool & Choptank River
Off the family room is a cozy reading nook. Enjoy your book unless the view proves too distracting. A collection of games and movies offer other diversions.
Another great view of the Choptank River and additional dining room seating.
Bedroom #1 (2nd Floor) with fire place and great views of the pool & river
Bedroom #2 (2nd Floor) with the Choptank through the trees
Bedroom #5 (2nd Floor) Bedrooms 5&6 are separated from Bedrooms 1,2 & 3
Bedroom #6 in addition to the 2 singles shown also contains a queen bed.
As you can see, acres of open and forested land. Stroll the farm lanes, wander down to the private beach, and enjoy the views.
Main Kitchen with 2 full size refrigerators
Family Room...spacious & elegant
Doesn't get much better than this!
Beautiful dining room accommodates 10 at the main table.
What a great place to keep up with the clothes in this large laundry area with a washer & dryer, large double sink and 2nd refrigerator for your convenience. Oh, by the way, another view of the river! With an outside entrance this area serves as a 'mud room' after romping outdoors.
Bedroom #1 also has a half bath
Bedroom #3 (2nd Floor) with twin beds
Bedroom # 4 (1st floor)...also with a view of the river has a private bath. Great bedroom for those who don't like stairs.
Bedroom #6 in addition to the queen shown contains 2 single beds and again holds a view of the river
Pool House containing Bedroom #7. Plus 2 pullout sofas.
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Monday, March 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a Message
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.